Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how i can make one ip access to ftp account and deny others Post 302356957 by botao on Monday 28th of September 2009 09:43:53 AM
Old 09-28-2009
consider tcp-wrapper ...

- the tcp-wrapper package - once installed - allows you to block and/or permit connections on a user/address/etc basis ;

- it replaces the traditional inetd daemon , giving you a richer set of control options ;

good luck, and success !

alexandre botao
Alexandre V. R. Botao | Unix, C/C++, Shell, LDAP, SSL/TLS, SSH, Perl, Java, Python, Security, ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Account access

I have a lot of users that I think are no longer using their acocunts. What I want to do is see when they lasted logged in. I have tried LAST and FINGER but they do not seem to have the information I need. All help much appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yearntolearn
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp allow/deny list

OK, let see, i have a Tru64 Unix and need to know how the list of ftp users works and in /etc/ftpusers we have the unauthorized users but when we create a new user i want this users put automatic for deny access ..... where i set when creation of users action put automatic the user in that file?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbendek
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to create a new ftp user account with limited access..?

Hi All, I'm using solaris 2.8, and I want create a new ftp user account with the following restrictions: - Have only ftp access, no telnet or rlogin - Have restricted access to its home directory example /export/home/newuser - Deny access to any other directory. Thanks for your help, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeremy3
6 Replies

4. IP Networking

how to deny someone to use ftp command ?

hi,all, i have a question to trouble you. a workstation named AAA, and open the ftp services to permit user download and upload files. i have root password. a pc install windows 2k named BBB, someone install a serv-u ftp ( a ftp server software ) to transfer data. i don't have the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yarx
4 Replies

5. Solaris

how to deny ftp access

Hi , I want to deny ftp access to some user. Currently I don't have /etc/ftpusers file. From the man page , i can modify the login shell at /etc/passwd to invalid one. How to add it ? replaced with /dev/null or something. If you have any other method to disabled it . Pls show me. My FTP is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
10 Replies

6. Solaris

make an sftp account

Hi All, My application is connecting to a no of sites to get or put files. one script is using sftp user1@host1 to log into the account to put some files over there.But some other scripts are connecting to some other sites using ftp host2 user user2 passwd inside the script.But I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

7. AIX

Does ACL can only grant/deny access for specific command?

Dear AIX/UNIX experts: I have a demand to restricted a file to be copy by others, but this file must can be read by others/Applications. As I tried, the chmod command cannot fulfill this requirement. But not sure if the ACL can achieve this function or not ? Could anybody give me your... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: devyfong
8 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Configure Squid to use LDAP group auth to deny internet access

Hi all We have squid-2.5.STABLE11-3.FC4 running in our environment. LDAP authentication works fine. Active Directory 2003 Users are prompted to enter credentials every time they access the net. The system works perfectly, but I need to configure Squid to block users in a specific AD group.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

9. Web Development

Deny access from all users, except PHP application installed in same domain

Hi to all, Please, some help over here. IŽll try to be as much clear I can. In summary my problem is: I have a PHP application installed in a folder of my domain that reads CSV.txt files from another folder in my domain and I need to restrict direct access to see and download these CSV.txt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
0 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cannot access my account

Whenever i try to log in i can enter my username (bakunin) and password but am redirected to an error screen showing an SQL error: Database error in vBulletin 3.8.4: Invalid SQL: UPDATE user SET country_iso2=DE WHERE userid=41441; MySQL Error : Unknown column 'DE' in 'field list' Error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aka-bakunin
1 Replies
ftphosts(4)							   File Formats 						       ftphosts(4)

NAME
ftphosts - FTP Server individual user host access file SYNOPSIS
/etc/ftpd/ftphosts DESCRIPTION
The ftphosts file is used to allow or deny access to accounts from specified hosts. The following access capabilities are supported: allow username addrglob [addrglob...] Only allow users to login as username from host(s) that match addrglob. deny username addrglob [addrglob...] Do not allow users to login as username from host(s) that match addrglob. A username of * matches all users. A username of anonymous or ftp specifies the anonymous user. addrglob is a regular expression that is matched against hostnames or IP addresses. addrglob may also be in the form address:netmask or address/CIDR, or be the name of a file that starts with a slash ('/') and contains additional address globs. An exclamation mark (`!') placed before the addrglob negates the test. The first allow or deny entry in the ftphosts file that matches a username and host is used. If no entry exists for a username, then access is allowed. Otherwise, a matching allow entry is required to permit access. EXAMPLES
You can use the following ftphosts file to allow anonymous access from any host except those on the class A network 10, with the exception of 10.0.0.* IP addresses, which are allowed access: allow ftp 10.0.0.* deny ftp 10.*.*.* allow ftp * 10.0.0.* can be written as 10.0.0.0:255.255.255.0 or 10.0.0.0/24. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftphosts ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftphosts(4)