Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab & MAILTO
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Crontab & MAILTO Post 302356952 by uthay85 on Monday 28th of September 2009 09:34:07 AM
Old 09-28-2009
*/1 * * * * /usr/bin/df -h|/usr/bin/mailx -s "TESTING" MYADDRESS@mail.com

its working in my server. try this one.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ssh & crontab bug

Does any one knows a work around for the crontab bug when connecting using ssh to a Solaris 8 system? When you submit a crontab job through a ssh session, the job will not be executed, SunSolve has reported no fixing patches? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Negm
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

MailTo in a script

Im a beginner in shell scripting, but I figured if I wanted the right answer, this is the place to come. I've written a script that basically executes a command and sends the result to a standard output > ???log.log. I just wanted to know if I could put the MailTo command somewhere in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Itsaboutme
2 Replies

3. Solaris

MAILTO Not Accepted In Crontab

I have 3 solaris 9 servers 1 allows me to use MAILTO in the crontab, but the other 2 dont. Error MAILTO=oracle crontab: error on previous line; unexpected character found in line. crontab: errors detected in input, no crontab file generated. Any Ideas?? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raza
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab & var/spool/mai

Hi there, I'm using crontab to move some files every minute, but when crontab doesn't find these files it sends a message to the file "user_name" in the directory "var/spool/mail". Is it possible to "bypass" this problem? Thanks in advance, Giordano Bruno (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the purpose of 2 >&1 in crontab?

while we editing the cron at the end of the cron what is the purpose of giving 2 >&1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - Create mailto: link

Help! I am using sed to convert text files into easily viewed html tables. I have managed all except converting the email addresses to mailto: links. Multiple email addresses exist within the files, either preceded by a space or > (as part of HTML tag), and followed by either space or < I've... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nigel_R
5 Replies

7. Solaris

[HELP] what does "2>&1" do in crontab?

Hi Experts, I would like to know, what does "2>&1" do in crontab? example: * * * * * /export/user/home/test.sh >> /export/user/home/logtest.log 2>&1 My colleague told me the commabd 2>&1 mean to prevent crontab sending an email (sendmail on /var/mail/root) when the script failed. So, if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Crontab & TOP output

Hello Guru's I'm trying to take the output of solaris top command and output to a txt file every few minutes. The issue that I'm experiencing is that I can run the following: #!/bin/bash # logfile="/usr/mvf/morris/top.log" # echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlemorris
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission on crontab & mysql

HI, I am using centos 6 and finding difficultly in doing 2 below things. 1. i have a user praveen i want to allow him to create cron job of his own. so i have added his user id in cron.allow but still it is not allowing him to edit(even if i have created praveen from root user) or create his... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenkumar198
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab 2>&1 not emailing

I have a script that emails me when I run it manually, but the crontab I'm using must be 'silencing' the output? Here's what I have: */15 * * * * /usr/src/blah.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 I don't want it to email me every time it runs, just when I run the sendmail command inside the script if the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
13 Replies
rt-email-dashboards(8)					     Request Tracker Reference					    rt-email-dashboards(8)

NAME
rt-email-dashboards - Send email dashboards SYNOPSIS
rt-email-dashboards [options] DESCRIPTION
This tool will send users email based on how they have subscribed to dashboards. A dashboard is a set of saved searches, the subscription controls how often that dashboard is sent and how it's displayed. Each subscription has an hour, and possibly day of week or day of month. These are taken to be in the user's timezone if available, UTC otherwise. SETUP
You'll need to have cron run this script every hour. Here's an example crontab entry to do this. 0 * * * * /usr/bin/perl /opt/rt4/local/sbin/rt-email-dashboards This will run the script every hour on the hour. This may need some further tweaking to be run as the correct user. OPTIONS
This tool supports a few options. Most are for debugging. -h --help Display this documentation --dryrun Figure out which dashboards would be sent, but don't actually generate or email any of them --time SECONDS Instead of using the current time to figure out which dashboards should be sent, use SECONDS (usually since midnight Jan 1st, 1970, so 1192216018 would be Oct 12 19:06:58 GMT 2007). --epoch SECONDS Back-compat for --time SECONDS. --all Ignore subscription frequency when considering each dashboard (should only be used with --dryrun for testing and debugging) perl v5.14.2 2013-05-22 rt-email-dashboards(8)