Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Trying to write a program to fill up my harddrive (Linux/C) Post 302356802 by jp2542a on Sunday 27th of September 2009 07:04:27 PM
Old 09-27-2009
Too straight forward Jim Smilie I want that last fs block even if the fs has a silly 2 byte block size Smilie

Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <sys/vfs.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include <fcntl.h>

#define MAX_PHYSIO 128		/* size of phsyical io in blocks */

char *outbuf; 

struct statfs vbuf;

int  main() {

int tickle = 5;  /* how often to print progress based on number of writes  */
int count = 0;
int fd;
long outsize;
int j;

/* create the file */

if( (fd = open("fill.all", O_CREAT | O_WRONLY)) < 0 )
{
	perror("fill.all: ");
	exit(fd);
}

/* get filesystem info */

fstatfs( fd, &vbuf);

outsize = vbuf.f_bsize * MAX_PHYSIO;		/* calculate output size */
outbuf = (char *) malloc(outsize);		/* allocate the buffer */
printf("Free blocks: %d\nOutput Buffer size: %d\n", vbuf.f_bfree, outsize);

j = tickle ;  

while( write(fd, outbuf, outsize) > 0 )
{
	if ( j == 0)
	{
		fstatfs(fd ,&vbuf);
		printf("Blocks left: %d\n", vbuf.f_bfree);
		j = tickle;
	}
	else
		j--;
}

fstatfs( fd, &vbuf);

if (vbuf.f_bfree > 0)
	write(fd, outbuf, vbuf.f_bfree);

printf("done\n");
}

For extra fun you can add an fsync() call after the last write call. Could lock up your system for a bit ... depending on your RAID type and implementation Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how can i write process_pool program?

i want to write a server process in the sco unix 505.The server process will fork multi-child-processes when it first starts.once parent process listen and accept any connect from client,it will transfer the connected sockfd to any free child process and child process will read client request from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hit
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you defragment you harddrive in unix (Madrake Linux 9.0)?

Subject says it all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pudad
3 Replies

3. Linux

Mount a harddrive in linux.

Hey people i'm very new to linux. I just put a extra 200 gig maxtor HD in my computer. Linux can tell it's there...but it says it cant mount it. How do i mount it manually? thanks, John (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RKJV
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

write a c program that simulates ls command

i need the a c program that simulates the "ls" command:b: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu.it
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy MBR from old harddrive to new harddrive?

How do I copy the master boot record from one harddrive to another or how to install just the MBR? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write next line program

Hi, I am having an input file which contains a group of words,if one specific word comes which goes to next line. example: input file===> shashi country= india comapny= none shashi shashi company= NONE shashi=my name output===> shashi country= india comapny= none shashi shashi... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a shell program for back up

Hello.. I want to take back up from server to local machine and i dont know how to do it using cron and sftp . I can do it by manually typing password in the terminal and taking the back up. How to create a 'backup.sh' file for doing all the back up process and shut down automatically after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepoos
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you write this program/script?

I need help with the following. 1) Write a program in any language that takes a single integer array parameter and returns the decimal average of the input values. 2) Write a program, in any language, that prints the integers from 1 to 10, along with a cumulative sum of the integers printed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sqa4life
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write files for compiling a program.?

I am hoping someone can give me a good free web resource for writing code to compile a binary executable. I am getting fairly decent at writing shell script, are the .f files just shell scripts? Also, I don't know where to begin on the makefiles. The reason I am curious is because I have been... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butson
6 Replies

10. Fedora

Partitioning harddrive for installing Linux alongside win 7.

I'm planning on using two Linux OS's alongside win 7, one being Fedora KDE 30. So to prepare for the install I partitioned my harddrive using the Minitool Partition Wizard. I have a 320 GB hdd, so I nade one partiotion about 80 GB forFedora and then left about 70 GB as unused, to later... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndersA
2 Replies
ttk_image(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						      ttk_image(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk_image - Define an element based on an image SYNOPSIS
ttk::style element create name image imageSpec ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The image element factory creates a new element in the current theme whose visual appearance is determined by Tk images. imageSpec is a list of one or more elements. The first element is the default image name. The rest of the list is a sequence of statespec / value pairs specifying other images to use when the element is in a particular state or combination of states. OPTIONS
Valid options are: -border padding padding is a list of up to four integers, specifying the left, top, right, and bottom borders, respectively. See IMAGE STRETCHING, below. -height height Specifies a minimum height for the element. If less than zero, the base image's height is used as a default. -padding padding Specifies the element's interior padding. Defaults to -border if not specified. -sticky spec Specifies how the image is placed within the final parcel. spec contains zero or more characters "n", "s", "w", or "e". -width width Specifies a minimum width for the element. If less than zero, the base image's width is used as a default. IMAGE STRETCHING
If the element's allocated parcel is larger than the image, the image will be placed in the parcel based on the -sticky option. If the image needs to stretch horizontally (i.e., -sticky ew) or vertically (-sticky ns), subregions of the image are replicated to fill the par- cel based on the -border option. The -border divides the image into 9 regions: four fixed corners, top and left edges (which may be tiled horizontally), left and right edges (which may be tiled vertically), and the central area (which may be tiled in both directions). EXAMPLE
set img1 [image create photo -file button.png] set img2 [image create photo -file button-pressed.png] set img3 [image create photo -file button-active.png] style element create Button.button image [list $img1 pressed $img2 active $img3] -border {2 4} -sticky we SEE ALSO
ttk::intro(n), ttk::style(n), ttk_vsapi(n), image(n), photo(n) KEYWORDS
style, theme, appearance, pixmap theme, image Tk 8.5 ttk_image(n)