Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How can I increase a PV?
Operating Systems AIX How can I increase a PV? Post 302356789 by bbbngowc on Sunday 27th of September 2009 05:40:33 PM
Old 09-27-2009
How can I increase a PV?

Hi,

I have a 10GB iSCSI LUN attached to an AIX 5.3 system. I increased the LUN to 15GB, but the system is still showing 10GB as the Total Size.

How can I get the OS to see the extra space? Do I have to reboot the system?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

increase size

Hi All, one of the mount point in Hp ux server has reached 95% its a data base file and can not be deleted. so i want to know how to increase the size of mount point i am new to unix ,please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoti
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File increase

Sorry im really new here this is my second post today! My question is, im trying to write a script and i want to output to a text file but i want each text file to be different so for instance log.txt, log1.txt, log2.txt ect how would i do that? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
7 Replies

3. Solaris

how to increase fs

hi, i installed solaris 9 on my v240 server on 36gb disk. here are the ouputs of the df -h command: # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 9.6G 3.4G 6.1G 36% / /proc 0K 0K 0K 0% /proc mnttab ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xuc_xich_duc
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

increase fs /var

Question I am not a hp admin but aix admin. I am wondering if to increase the fs /var we really have to umount the fs so means stop the system ... just to do an extendlv ? It is what I saw on man page of extendlv and that surprise me. On aix we can dynamically increase a fs and with version... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
2 Replies

5. AIX

I can not increase the maxdata to 2 G.B

Please can anyone help me in my problem my problem is i have AIX 5.3 and We need 1 GB of data segment size available and we found To set the data segment size to 1 GB, set the LDR_CNTRL variable to LDR_CNTRL=MAXDATA=0x40000000@DSA. But after we set it and check with command “$ dump -X64 -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghazaly
0 Replies

6. AIX

How to increase capacity?

Hello everybody, is a very simple question how can I increase the capacity of a disk wich is on a DS4300?, I have done the procedure on the Storage Manager but the space is the same on the AIX (5.3) , what should I do to obtain the new ammount of disk space? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanSkull
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increase Performance

I have written a code using AWK & sed to compare two files. The structure of the files is like this" Format is this: <bit code> <file code> <string> Follwoed by any numbers of properties lines whic start with a "space" 10101010101111101 XX abcd a AS sasa BS kkk 1110000101010110 XX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_hi
1 Replies

8. Programming

how to increase number like this

hi all i got a assignment but this is part of it only.. i need the logic that all.. below is the kind of output that i want to get. 1 12 123 1234 12345 2345 345 45 5 i noe i need to use for loop cos currently i am doing a short cut way which is (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Increase maxuproc value

Hi Guys, I am running RHEL6 and now my processes reach maximum limit. How do I increase the maxuproc value? Can I increase the value without rebooting the server? Thanks in advance... Please Help!!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Increase the / partition

Hi all im new to solaris and i got the task to increase the size of the / partition. its solaris 9 update6 running in a vmware esxi. i already added space on the VM, when im trying the "growfs" command im gettings error. see attached picture: http://i.imgur.com/9ywWLNN.png thanks for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
5 Replies
SG_RDAC(8)							     SG3_UTILS								SG_RDAC(8)

NAME
sg_rdac - display or modify SCSI RDAC Redundant Controller mode page SYNOPSIS
sg_rdac [-a] [-f=LUN] [-v] [-V] DEVICE DESCRIPTION
sg_rdac displays or modifies the RDAC controller settings via the Redundant Controller mode page (0x2C). When modifying the settings it allows to transfer the ownership of individual drives to the controller the command was received on. OPTIONS
-a Transfer all (visible) devices -f=LUN Transfer the device identified by LUN. This command will only work if the controller supports 'Dual Active Mode' (aka active/active mode). -v be verbose -V print version string then exit EXIT STATUS
The exit status of sg_rdac is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise see the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHOR
Written by Hannes Reinecke <hare at suse dot com>, based on sg_emc_trespass. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2012 Hannes Reinecke, Douglas Gilbert. This software is distributed under the GPL version 2. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. sg3_utils-1.35 November 2012 SG_RDAC(8)