Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HEREDOC with fdisk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HEREDOC with fdisk Post 302356762 by latenite on Sunday 27th of September 2009 01:07:58 PM
Old 09-27-2009
MAN thank you. That workzz Smilie

Still curious! Is there a way to do it with a variable that holds this "kind" (heredoc) syntax?
Code:
<<EOF
p
q
EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

using fdisk

how do i know my disk partion using fdisk (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in SFTP using heredoc

Hi, I'm having heredoc to get files from ftp server. #!/bin/bash /export/opt/SCssh/3.7.1_C0/bin/sftp csi@192.168.1.100 <<GET_FILES lcd /WEBSERVER_LINK/data_logs/ ls -l pub/csidata/GeneralAppFields_8_1_Feed.out pub/csidata/CtcCatalog_7_3_3_Feed.out get... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bheeshmaraja
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

heredoc error check

Hi, Is there any way to check the error in heredoc? Code: /export/opt/SCssh/3.7.1_C0/bin/sftp -B - csi@192.168.1.100 <<FTP lcd /WEBSERVER_LINK/data_logs/ ls pub/csidata/GeneralAppFields_8_1_Feed.out get pub/csidata/GeneralAppFields_8_1_Feed.out quit FTP Now I want to check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bheeshmaraja
1 Replies

4. Solaris

fdisk

Hi All, fdisk -l in linux equals in fdisk option in Solaris Thanks.......... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvkarthykeyan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables in heredoc

I currently use this message to send e-mails in a script but I would also like to save the output of this code to a file as well while preserving the variables. What's the easiest way to accomplish this? #Sending mail notification when=`/bin/date` /usr/sbin/sendmail -t >2 <<-EOM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
2 Replies

6. BSD

OpenBSD fdisk - Linux fdisk compatibility ?

Hello, MBR partition table made by linux fdisk looks certainly not correct when printed by openbsd fdisk: Partition table created on linux (centos 6.3): # fdisk -l /dev/sdc Disk /dev/sdc: 10.7 GB, 10737418240 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 1305 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling sqlplus from Korn shell heredoc issue

Hi, I am facing an issue wherein some temporary files (here docs) are getting created in /tmp and are not getting deleted automatically. When i check the list of open files with below command i can see one file is getting appended continuously.(In this case /tmp/sfe7h.34p) The output is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navin_Ramdhami
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo multi-line string via heredoc syntax

$ cat bashtest #!/usr/local/bin/bash echo <<<"EOF" line1 line2 line3 EOF $ ./bashtest ./bashtest: line 3: line1: command not found ./bashtest: line 4: line2: command not found ./bashtest: line 5: line3: command not found ./bashtest: line 6: EOF: command not found What am i doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Concatenate Two Commands in script using heredoc?

Hello, I am trying to place two commands in heredoc below is the snippet if ;then actionOnTux="$actVerb" else actionOnTux="$actVerb" fi echo "Performing ACTION: $action on $tux@$srv .....\n" if ; then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kataria.anand
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Information on heredoc

Hi , I am using ksh on Aix 7.1 and found the below code in a script which is a bit confusing to me, any help will be appreciated <<comments put ${pathforfiles}/${ftpfilename} put ${logs}/${filename}.sch put ${logs}/${filename}.tgr comments I have searched for information on heredoc but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulfi123786
2 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX