Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Not a Vaild ELF File
Operating Systems Solaris Not a Vaild ELF File Post 302356700 by incredible on Sunday 27th of September 2009 02:06:48 AM
Old 09-27-2009
Is this SUN Solaris?
What h/w? Try reset the system hardware and boot. Or boot from cdrom, re-install the bootblk and try again

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to find Dependent libraries in ELF file?

Dear group, I need to load dependent libraries for an application which is in ELF format.please let me know how to parse the ELF file to find dependent libraries. thnaks in advance, Ravinder (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravinder.are
3 Replies

2. Linux

editing ELF file

Hello, This is not exactly relevant to Linux kernel but I'm gonna ask any way. Is there any way I can modify a 64-bit ELF object file to make it look like 32-bit ELF object file and link it (using `ld`) with 32-bit ELF file? I tried libelf but was unsuccessful. I had this pretty link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tejuwala
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i read a non text file in unix - ELF-64 executable object file - IA64

The binary file is ELF-64 executable object file - IA64. How i know that the source is Is there any comamnd in unix i can read these kind of files or use a thirty party software? Thanks for your help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
8 Replies

4. Linux

Reading ELF file Symbol table of C++ program

Folks, I have some program(Test.cpp) as follows, #include<iostream> class Abc { private: int _theVar; public : int printVar(); }; int Abc :: printVar() { _theVar=10; } main() { Abc _t; (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod_chitrali
0 Replies

5. Programming

Reading ELF file Symbol table of C++ program

Folks, I have some program(Test.cpp) as follows, #include<iostream> class Abc { private: int _theVar; public : int printVar(); }; int Abc :: printVar() { _theVar=10; } main() { Abc _t; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod_chitrali
2 Replies

6. Programming

A help to create an ELF file

Hi!!! How do I create a file .ELF? What code should I use, could help me with a simple code or example? I know programming to Windows by important languages but this seems to be more sistematical, and I really don't know how to. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linecoder
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps -elf AND grep for changes

Hoping theres something already out there like this. I have a list of proccesses who's "ps -elf" (field 10) values I need to continuously monitor and if the values of field 10 start to signiciantly increase (double, triple) then do something. The field 10 is the "memory size" field. (these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Wrong ELF class

guys anyone knows a solution for this? wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 pwrcard:cms-dev:/pcard16/pwrcard/src/interfaces/interface_host>isainfo -v 64-bit sparcv9 applications vis2 vis 32-bit sparc applications vis2 vis v8plus div32 mul32... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Install Apache 2.4.20 on Solaris 10 --- Error "ld: fatal: file ab.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

I am following the "Compilling and Installing" guide from Apache > HTTP Server > Documentation > Version 2.4 page The configure running OK: # export CC="gcc -m64" # ./configure \ --prefix=/usr/local/apache2/httpd-2.4.20 \ --with-port=80 \ --with-mpm=worker \ --enable-mods-shared=most \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhuang
0 Replies
installboot(1M) 														   installboot(1M)

NAME
installboot - install bootblocks in a disk partition SYNOPSIS
installboot bootblk raw-disk-device The boot(1M) program, ufsboot, is loaded from disk by the bootblock program which resides in the boot area of a disk partition. The ufs boot objects are platform-dependent, and reside in the /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory. The platform name can be found using the -i option of uname(1). The installboot utility is a SPARC only program. It is not supported on the architecture. users should use installgrub(1M) instead. bootblk The name of the bootblock code. raw-disk-device The name of the disk device onto which the bootblock code is to be installed; it must be a character device which is read- able and writable. Naming conventions for a SCSI or IPI drive are c?t?d?s? and c?d?s? for an IDE drive. Example 1: Installing UFS Boot Block To install a ufs boot block on slice 0 of target 0 on controller 1 of the platform where the command is being run, use: example# installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0 /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory where ufs boot objects reside. /platform/platform-name/ufsboot second level program to boot from a disk or CD See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ od(1), uname(1), boot(1M), init(1M), kadb(1M), kernel(1M), monitor(1M), reboot(1M), rpc.bootparamd(1M), init.d(4), attributes(5) WARNINGS
The installboot utility fails if the bootblk or openfirmware files do not exist or if the raw disk device is not a character device. 11 Apr 2005 installboot(1M)