Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: can we optimize this command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting can we optimize this command Post 302356600 by fpmurphy on Saturday 26th of September 2009 09:46:23 AM
Old 09-26-2009
If you use the GNU version of sed it has an option for in-place editing.

You can also do what you want to do with sed in one invocation of sed
Code:
 sed -e '1,2d' -e 's/AAAA//g'  /study/i.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compress/optimize html

Anyone know of a script to compress HTML? (remove whitespace, etc.) I'm basically looking for something like Absolute HTML Compressor (http://www.alentum.com/ahc/) that could be run from a Linux command line. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smap
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

optimize the script

Hi, I have this following script below. Its searching a log file for 2 string and if found then write the strings to success.txt and If not found write strings to failed.txt . if one found and not other...then write found to success.txt and not found to failed.txt. I want to optimize this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can we optimize this simple script ?

Hi All , I am just a new bie in Unix/Linux . With help of tips from 'here and there' , I just created a simple script to 1. declare one array and some global variables 2. read the schema names from user (user input) and want2proceed flag 3. if user want to proceed , keep reading user... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajavu
8 Replies

4. AIX

How to optimize our tape backups ?

Hi, I am currently looking at how we can optimize and speed up our backups here. I am just a beginner operator and our system admin hardly knows anything (long term interim). There is this particular TAR backup of DB backups that for a 10.5Gb amount of files, it takes 5 hours to do the backup on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pl help me to Optimize the given code

Pl help to me to write the below code in a simple way ... i suupose to use this code 3 to 4 places in my makefile(gnu) .. **************************************** @for i in $(LIST_A); do \ for j in $(LIST_B); do\ if ;then\ echo "Need to sign"\ echo "List A = $$i , List B =$$j"\ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pk_arun
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize the nested IF

Hi, I have to assign a value for a varaiable based on a Input. I have written the below code: if then nf=65 elif then nf=46 elif then nf=164 elif then nf=545 elif then nf=56 elif then (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize awk command

WARNING=${1} CRITICAL=${2} echo ${OUTPUT} | gawk -F'' ' { V = $2 R = $0 } END { for ( i = 1; i <= n; i++) { if((V > 0) && (V < V)) print R, ((V - V) / V) * 100 else if ((V > V) && (V > 0)) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize my mv script

Hello, I'm wondering if there is a quicker way of doing this. Here is my mv script. d=/conversion/program/out cd $d ls $d > /home/tempuser/$$tmp while read line ; do a=`echo $line|cut -c1-5|sed "s/_//g"` b=`echo $line|cut -c16-21` if ;then mkdir... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: whegra
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking to optimize code

Hi guys, I feel a bit comfortable now doing bash scripting but I am worried that the way I do it is not optimized and I can do much better as to how I code. e.g. I have a whole line in a file from which I want to extract some values. Right now what I am doing is : STATE=`cat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Optimize the Script Further

Hi All, I have written a new script to check for DB space and size of dump log file before it can be imported into a Oracle DB. I'm relatively new to shell scripting. Please help me optimize this script further. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
0 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)