Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO system V documentation
Operating Systems SCO SCO system V documentation Post 302356593 by iMan on Saturday 26th of September 2009 08:40:48 AM
Old 09-26-2009
SCO system V documentation

Hi! I'm about to throw away a shelf meter or so of SCO system V official documentation.
The original beige binders. I'm not sure if there is a shortage of these old books, but if anyone near Gothenburg, Sweden has use for them. Drop me a line at : martin (dot) rudolfson at mac (dot) com

Martin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix Online Documentation

help would be appreciated, thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BAM
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix

Hi everyone i have a question for all of you. It may be basic or it may be a good one. I recently aquired a copy of "SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix" (thats what the disks say) and for the life of me i can not get it to load. i have tried opening the disk in linux and it can not determine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerberus
0 Replies

3. SCO

system log of SCO

Hi, I did shutdown and restart SCO server, now wanna find log to know exactly when system was effected. I took a look at /var/adm/ but seem there are no logs for my required information. it seems diff from Sun or HP UNIX... appreciate all your help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milo
2 Replies

4. SCO

where can get iso of sco system v 5.05

hi all please someone tell me where can get iso of sco System V vs 5.05 regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weramirez
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Comprehensive system documentation by button click

Guys There's a new WebPage where you can generate a comprehensive detailed system documentation by button click. Look at the example at https://sdoctool.sun.com/data/doc.php?ID=sdoctool&N=2 ;) Interested, go to Cheers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lebch
0 Replies

6. SCO

Help on System Freeze in SCO

Hi, My SCO server freezes suddenly. I just want to know if there any tools / commands availble that can find which is causing the freeze? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Ravikumar R (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
4 Replies

7. SCO

SCO UNIXware 7.1.4 system backups

Hi, I wonder if someone can help me, I want to backup my sco unix system, I dont have an external/internal tape drive. How can I make a system backup? I do have a CD-RW on the server. I am new to sco unix. Please can anyone advise on what methods I can use, I have looked a cpio. I tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kpnuts
1 Replies

8. SCO

SCO Development System for System V 3.2 R4.2

Hi Guys, Some time ago I get a disk for my SCO System V 3.2 R4.2 tcp 1.2.1 distribution. Now 4 Year later I am serarching the development system due to the fact that System V did not come with the C compiler. There is any change to get it ? my intention is academyc only. or anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locovich
3 Replies
rmdir(2)							System Calls Manual							  rmdir(2)

Name
       rmdir - remove a directory file

Syntax
       rmdir(path)
       char *path;

Description
       The  system call removes a directory file whose name is given by path.  The directory must not have any entries other than dot (.) and dot-
       dot (..).

If one or more processes have the directory open when the last link is removed, the dot and dot-dot entries, if present, are removed before
       returns	and  no new entries may be created in the directory.  The directory, however, is not removed until all references to the directory
       have been closed.

Return Values
       A zero (0) is returned if the remove succeeds; otherwise, a -1 is returned, and an error code is stored in the global location errno.

Diagnostics
       The named file is removed unless one or more of the following are true:

[ENOTEMPTY]    The named directory contains files other than dot and dot-dot.

[EPERM]	      The directory containing the directory to be removed is marked sticky, and neither the containing directory nor  the  direc-
		      tory to be removed are owned by the effective user ID.

[ENOTDIR]      A component of the path is not a directory.

[ENOENT]       The named directory does not exist or path points to an empty string and the environment defined is POSIX or SYSTEM_FIVE.

[EACCES]       Search permission is denied for a component of the path prefix.

[EACCES]       Write permission is denied on the directory containing the link to be removed.

[EBUSY]	      The directory to be removed is the mount point for a mounted file system.

[EROFS]	      The directory entry to be removed resides on a read-only file system.

[EFAULT]       The path points outside the process's allocated address space.

[ELOOP]	      Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the pathname.

[ENAMETOOLONG] A component of a pathname exceeded 255 characters, or an entire pathname exceeded 1023 characters.

[EIO]	      An I/O error occurred while deleting the directory entry or deallocating the inode.

[ETIMEDOUT]    A  connect  request  or  remote file operation failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of
		      time that is dependent on the communications protocol.

See Also
       mkdir(2), unlink(2)

rmdir(2)