Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to open a last modified file in a directory Post 302356572 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 26th of September 2009 06:29:57 AM
Old 09-26-2009
Code:
while read record
do
   echo "$record"
done < $(ls -rt /path/to/file| tail -1)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to zip a modified file 15 days before but not scanning my sub directory files

I am using zip -m option to zip my files, but i dont want my sub directories files to be zipped (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skrish70
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to retrieve original contents of a modified file (modified using vi)

Made changes to a file using vi editor and saved those changes now realised that the changes are not required How can I get the previous version of the file.i.e the one which was there on which I had made changes (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice100
3 Replies

3. Programming

libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

% locate Rmath /m/backup/backup/lib/R/include/Rmath.h /usr/lib/R/include/Rmath.h % gcc -g -o stand stand.c -I/usr/lib/R/include/ -lRmath -lm % ./stand ./stand: error while loading shared libraries: libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory What's the trouble... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the latest modified file name in /home directory?

I only know how to list all sub-directories or files in specified directory. I don't know how to order them by modified date, furthermore, I don't know how to get the top one file in the sorted list. Wish you can do me a favor. Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last modified time of the folder is changing when I view the file inside the directory

Hi., Last modified time of the folder is changing when I view the file inside the directory. Here is the test on sample directory. I believe that ls -l commands gives the time detail w.r.t last modified time. Pl. suggest. bash-3.2$ mkdir test bash-3.2$ cd test bash-3.2$ touch myfile.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IND123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

fatal: cannot open file `TNAME' for reading (No such file or directory)

Hi, I am running this command through a shell script and getting the error mentioned in the subject line: testing.awk -f x.txt TNAME My testing.awk file contains something like ++++++++++++++++++ #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN{ TAB_NAME="INSERT_ONE_" ARGV ; } if ( $1=="JAM_ONE" &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunwar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

to pick the latest file modified in a directory

I wan to pick the latest modified file name and redirect it to a file .. ls -tr | tail -1 >file but this is printing file ins side the filename , can anyone help me out (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwakar
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot open [No such file or directory]

I am seeking help on one script that I created to celan up database audit files. The error returned is $./clean_audit.sh: /opt/oracle/logs/audit_clean.log: cannot open The same script is working on other 2 or 3 servers. But not working on other 4 servers. All servers are Oracle Linux. Here is... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
21 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find the latest modified file in a directory

I am trying to fetch the latest modified file from a directory using the command find . -type f -exec ls -lt \{\} \+ | head | awk '{print $9}' After the O/P, I get the below mentioned error and the command doesnt terminate at all. find: ls terminated by signal 13 find: ls terminated by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with listing file name and modified date on a huge directory

hi, We have a huge directory that ha 5.1 Million files in it. We are trying to get the file name and modified timestamp of the most recent 3 years from this huge directory for a migration project. However, the ls command (background process) to list the file names and timestamp is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbu
2 Replies
TCFMGR(1)							   Tokyo Cabinet							 TCFMGR(1)

NAME
tcfmgr - the command line utility of the fixed-length database API DESCRIPTION
The command `tcfmgr' is a utility for test and debugging of the fixed-length database API and its applications. `path' specifies the path of a database file. `width' specifies the width of the value of each record. `limsiz' specifies the limit size of the database file. `key' specifies the key of a record. `value' specifies the value of a record. `file' specifies the input file. tcfmgr create path [width [limsiz]] Create a database file. tcfmgr inform [-nl|-nb] path Print miscellaneous information to the standard output. tcfmgr put [-nl|-nb] [-sx] [-dk|-dc|-dai|-dad] path key value Store a record. tcfmgr out [-nl|-nb] [-sx] path key Remove a record. tcfmgr get [-nl|-nb] [-sx] [-px] [-pz] path key Print the value of a record. tcfmgr list [-nl|-nb] [-m num] [-pv] [-px] [-rb lkey ukey] [-ri str] path Print keys of all records, separated by line feeds. tcfmgr optimize [-nl|-nb] path [width [limsiz]] Optimize a database file. tcfmgr importtsv [-nl|-nb] [-sc] path [file] Store records of TSV in each line of a file. tcfmgr version Print the version information of Tokyo Cabinet. Options feature the following. -nl : enable the option `FDBNOLCK'. -nb : enable the option `FDBLCKNB'. -sx : the input data is evaluated as a hexadecimal data string. -dk : use the function `tcfdbputkeep' instead of `tcfdbput'. -dc : use the function `tcfdbputcat' instead of `tcfdbput'. -dai : use the function `tcfdbaddint' instead of `tcfdbput'. -dad : use the function `tcfdbadddouble' instead of `tcfdbput'. -px : the output data is converted into a hexadecimal data string. -pz : do not append line feed at the end of the output. -m num : specify the maximum number of the output. -pv : print values of records also. -rb lkey ukey : specify the range of keys. -ri str : specify the interval notation of keys. -sc : normalize keys as lower cases. This command returns 0 on success, another on failure. SEE ALSO
tcftest(1), tcfmttest(1), tcfdb(3), tokyocabinet(3) Man Page 2012-08-18 TCFMGR(1)