Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris add administrator user to system Post 302356466 by cata on Friday 25th of September 2009 03:52:54 PM
Old 09-25-2009
The identification is a name is no important,

How can create one administrator user? and password? tanks

---------- Post updated at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:50 PM ----------

# cat /etc/release
Solaris 10 8/07 s10s_u4wos_12b SPARC
Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.
Assembled 16 August 2007

Last edited by cata; 09-25-2009 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: is solaris 10

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to add user on Embedded System

The directions below were provided by someone on the unslung mailing list. unslung is a linux OS for LinkSys's $100 NSLU2 NAS controller. I'm posting the query here because (1) I think it is really a generic linux/unix questions (2) I did not get a response in the unslung mailing list. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

I want to become a System Administrator

Has anyone got any advice on how I can get a job as a Unix/Solaris system administrator? My current job is supporting an application that runs on Solaris servers. I have very minimal Solaris/Unix skills but would like to expand on them with the aim of getting a junior sys admin role. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
4 Replies

3. AIX

Test 223: System p Administrator

Please may you help me with specific study packs, redbooks etc that may help me pass this certification. Also can you advise me the best AIX certification course as I am new to AIX, coming from solaris and networking environments. Thanx (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zim-Aix-Guru
10 Replies

4. Advertise with Us

Needed: Sr. System Administrator

Composite Software, Inc. is hiring! Sr. System Administrator Location: San Mateo, CA REQ: 10-22 Reports to: IT Manager Job Description Composite Software is hiring a full-time System Administrator. The system administrator will be responsible for installing,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Composite SW
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting for System Administrator

Hello All, If possible can anybody kindly let me know the good shell scripting book for system Administrator. Thanks & Regards, Vinay.K.S (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay_ks
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Know your System Administrator

Couldn't resist: www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/know.your.sysadmin.html (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radoulov
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux System Administrator for a role in CH

Hi guys I hope I will not break any rules and guidelines on the forum with this post. I am Admir, working as a recruiter for execIT Recruitment Zurich, Switzerland. Our client is an urgent need of a linux system administrator/support analyst who has trading floor experience and is eligible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BosAd
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Becoming a system administrator, need some advice.

I've been learning linux and solaris for the past couple months and have been thinking about seeking a systems admin career. Is it worth it to learn solaris? Do many companies really use it or is it a waste of my time? Would learning just linux be a better idea? I see there's more opportunity as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: austinramsay
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)