Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Case insensitive check for directory Post 302356403 by mjwoodford on Friday 25th of September 2009 11:12:52 AM
Old 09-25-2009
Case insensitive check for directory

Hi,

Im still new to scripting and this forum and could so with a little help
I understand:

if [ -d <dir1>/<dir2> ]; then
good
else
bad
fi

but how do I do the same check but ignore the case of <dir2>?

Many thanks!

Matt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

case insensitive locate

How can I do a case insensitive locate? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davis.ml
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk case-insensitive

can I tell awk to be case insensitive for one operation without setting the ignorecase value ? thanks, Steffen (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: forever_49ers
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make case insensitive checks????

Hi, I have tried to make the conditions similar to the below one's, perhaps, I am not sure if there are any more way's to do that???? if ) ]] echo "Whatever" fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

case insensitive

hi everyone, I need to do the following thing in a case insesitive mode sed 's/work/job/g' filename since work could appear in different form as Work WORK WorK wORK,.... I was wondering if i could do a case insensitive search of a word. thanks in advance, :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

case-insensitive if on substring

I'd like to print a line if a substring is matched in a case insensitive manner something like do a case insensitive search for ABCD as a substring: awk '{ if (substr($1,1,4) == "") print $1 }' infile > outfile I'm not certain how to make the syntax work??? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

case-insensitive search with AWK

Hi All, How we can perform case-insensitive search with AWK.:rolleyes: regards, Sam (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam25
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case Insensitive search

Hey , i am trying to do a search for the certain books , and im trying to make it case insensitive. what i have come up with so far is this : Database.txt RETARDED MONKEY:RACHEAL ABRAHAML:30:30:20 GOLD:FATIN:23.20:12:3 STUPID:JERLYN:20:40:3 echo -n "Title: " read Title echo -n... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making case insensitive in awk

here is a statement awk '/CREATE PROCEDURE/,/elimiter/' "$file1" > onlyproc1.sql which mean cut from create procedure to Delimiter or delimiter and paste it in onlyproc1.sql... my query is how to make this case insensitive.. that is i want the above code to work whther it is Delimiter or... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
26 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

GAWK case insensitive comparison

Hi :o I'm working on Windows, with gawk, and let's say I have two files to compare. searching for a script to do a text comparison I came across to this line: gawk "{if(NR==FNR){A}else{B}}END{for(x in A){if(!(x in B))print x>\"1not2.txt\"}for(x in B){if(!(x in A))print x>\"2not1.txt\"}}"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nakaedu
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use scp for case insensitive copy?

Hi, I have a requirement to copy files from one server to other using SCP. I am using * to copy files as I just need to pick up the files that are ending with .OK. But few ok files are in upper case and few are in lower case. If I am using below code, only files with upper case OK are being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nikhath
1 Replies
ATF-CHECK(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      ATF-CHECK(1)

NAME
atf-check -- executes a command and analyzes its results SYNOPSIS
atf-check [-s qual:value] [-o action:arg ...] [-e action:arg ...] [-x] command atf-check -h DESCRIPTION
atf-check executes a given command and analyzes its results, including exit code, stdout and stderr. In the first synopsis form, atf-check will execute the provided command and apply checks specified by arguments. By default it will act as if it was run with -s exit:0 -o empty -e empty. Multiple checks for the same output channel are allowed and, if specified, their results will be combined as a logical and (meaning that the output must match all the provided checks). In the second synopsis form, atf-check will print information about all supported options and their purpose. The following options are available: -h Shows a short summary of all available options and their purpose. -s qual:value Analyzes termination status. Must be one of: exit:<value> checks that the program exited cleanly and that its exit status is equal to value. The exit code can be omit- ted altogether, in which case any clean exit is accepted. ignore ignores the exit check. signal:<value> checks that the program exited due to a signal and that the signal that terminated it is value. The signal can be specified both as a number or as a name, or it can also be omitted altogether, in which case any signal is accepted. Most of these checkers can be prefixed by the 'not-' string, which effectively reverses the check. -o action:arg Analyzes standard output. Must be one of: empty checks that stdout is empty ignore ignores stdout file:<path> compares stdout with given file inline:<value> compares stdout with inline value match:<regexp> looks for a regular expression in stdout save:<path> saves stdout to given file Most of these checkers can be prefixed by the 'not-' string, which effectively reverses the check. -e action:arg Analyzes standard error (syntax identical to above) -x Executes command as a shell command line, executing it with the system shell defined by ATF_SHELL in atf-config(1). You should avoid using this flag if at all possible to prevent shell quoting issues. EXIT STATUS
atf-check exits 0 on success, and other (unspecified) value on failure. EXAMPLES
# Exit code 0, nothing on stdout/stderr atf-check 'true' # Typical usage if failure is expected atf-check -s not-exit:0 'false' # Checking stdout/stderr echo foobar >expout atf-check -o file:expout -e inline:"xx yy " 'echo foobar ; printf "xx yy " >&2' # Checking for a crash atf-check -s signal:sigsegv my_program # Combined checks atf-check -o match:foo -o not-match:bar echo foo baz SEE ALSO
atf-config(1), atf(7) BSD
June 27, 2010 BSD