Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Sendmail fails receiving mail since the IP changed on Redhat Server Post 302356372 by lamoul on Friday 25th of September 2009 09:38:33 AM
Old 09-25-2009
Hi,

No, where to change this file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check sendmail is not receiving any emails

Hi all, Need some advise again. I am new to sendmail service which is already configured by some other administrators. I would need to write a script to check whether sendmail service is enabled in Solaris and Linux. Using this command "ps -ef | grep sendmail | grep -v grep". Or is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kinki
6 Replies

2. AIX

sendmail.cf needs to point to mail server

I have a vanilla install of AIX 5L and I am unable to send outbound email to our email server. I figure the pointer must be some where in the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file. Does anyone have any idea which section needs to modified to point to the mail server or mail relay? Currently all message bouced... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: justinburbridge
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Receiving mail in Unix

I have 2 problems with my mail on Unix.. 1- I have accounts on 2 different unix boxes, one running Sun Solaris and other is a version of Linux. When I receive email on those machines, on one the email arrives in my /var/mail/USERNAME; whereas on the other box the email is delivered to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies

4. Solaris

sendmail mail server help

Hello guys, Am trying to enable/start sendmail in Solaris 10. I tried using scvadm and also did it using the /etc/init.d/sendmail restart but no effect. Just returns to the prompt. No errors nothing. I checked if it is running using ps -eaf | grep sendmail, not running :( . I checked the logs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcmrulzz
9 Replies

5. Red Hat

redhat linux mail server problem

we are using redhat linux,configured the postfix as mail server and outlook is used as mail client.whenever the user opens outlook it is start downloading all the mails from the server. Example : If a user has 50 mails in the server,whenever he opens the outlook the outlook will start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramjimh2k3
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run a perl.script upon receiving an email in Sendmail

Hi All I am newbie with Sendmail and Linux in general. We use sendmail for outgoing and incoming mails. Once our server receives a certain email xxx@yyy.com we would like to run a PERL script doing some task wiht it. Can you address me a little bit on that topic? In order to do that the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Send mail from redhat box to exchange server

we have an exchange server in company as excmailbocx.company.com i wanna send mail using sendmail from redhat to my exchange mail account how can it be possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oguzhantrg
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail is not receiving from the server

Dear All, I am using CentOS release 5.5 (Final).I want to monitoring the system activity through mail.But the <code>mail -s "Subject" user1@domain.com</code> is not working from the server.could you help me the procedure to generate mail from the server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpoobathi
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

unable to send mail from redhat linux server

While sending mail from linux server we observed below logs, stat=Deferred: Name server: xxxxxxxxxx.: host name lookup failure Kindly suggest what we need to change? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydoss1
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Fails to send emails from Linux server.

I m using free zoho mail client application (similar to microsoft outlook) on my mobile for all my emails to mohtashim@techx.com I wish to only recieve emails from my Linux Server details of which are: techx 3.10.0-514.10.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP CentOS release 7.3.1611 (Core). I try the below... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
20 Replies
MAIL(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   MAIL(1)

NAME
mail - send and receive electronic mail SYNOPSIS
mail [-dpqrv] [-f file] [user] OPTIONS
-d Force use of the shell variable MAILER -f Use file instead of /usr/spool/mail/user as mailbox -p Print all mail and then exit -q Quit program if SIGINT received -r Reverse print order, i.e., print oldest first -v Verbose mode EXAMPLES
mail ast # Send a message to ast mail # Read your mail DESCRIPTION
Mail is an extremely simple electronic mail program. It can be used to send or receive email on a single MINIX system, in which case it functions as user agent and local delivery agent. If the flag MAILER is defined in mail.c, it can also call a transport agent to handle remote mail as well. No such agent is supplied with MINIX. When called by user with no arguments, it examines the mailbox /usr/spool/mail/user, prints one message (depending on the -r flag), and waits for one of the following commands: <newline> Go to the next message - Print the previous message !command Fork off a shell and execute command CTRL-D Update the mailbox and quit (same as q) d Delete the current message and go to the next one q Update the mailbox and quit (same as CTRL-D) p Print the current message again s [file] Save message in the named file x Exit without updating the mailbox To send mail, the program is called with the name of the recipient as an argument. The mail is sent, along with a postmark line containing the date. For local delivery, a file named after the recipient in the directory /usr/spool/mail must be writable. If the directory /usr/spool/mail does not exist then the mail is dumped on the console, so that system programs have a way to notify a user on a system that does not have a mail spool. MAIL(1)