Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Difference between sync & async in nfs Post 302356307 by Amol21 on Friday 25th of September 2009 06:26:26 AM
Old 09-25-2009
Thank you pludi..that is really helpful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

what is the difference between Unix & linux, what are the advantages & disadvantages

ehe may i know what are the difference between Unix & Linux, and what are the advantages of having Unix as well as disadvantages of having Unix or if u dun mind i am dumb do pls tell me what are the advantages as well as the disadvantages of having linux as well. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cybertechmkteo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

async vs sync shells

I am calling a shell script using PL/SQL stored procedures. This works great but I need the calls to be run synchronously and not asynchronously. I need the shell script to finish before returning control back to the procedure. Any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ted5547
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Async or Sync I/O on NFS ?

Solaris 2.8 I know regular filesystems use Async I/O on Solaris 2.8. Does anybody know if NFS uses Sync I/O or Async I/O ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marist89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between ./ & . ./ ???

For executing a shell script, i know 2 ways: 1) using sh command 2) making the script file executable & then use ./ But i can across another way for executing the scripts... using ". ./" I tried this way.. but i was able to understand the difference between "./" and ". ./" I would be very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abishekmag
2 Replies

5. Web Development

NFS Share & Mount problem

Hi, I want to mount an NFS Shared folder on Windows XP to vxWorks. There doesnt seem to be a problem with the sharing. Now, when i try to mount the directory onto vxWorks (it runs on a Tumbleweed card), using a mount script (.sh), the following is the print i see on Tera Term: hostAdd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinmayzen
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Quest on NFS with 1 Server & 2 Clients

Hello; I work now with a team which has based her "applications" on the following schema: 1 NFS client C1 (linux redhat 5) writes a file fic.dat on a NFS SERVER S (RH 5) Another NFS client C2 is waiting for the same file fic.dat (on NFS server S1), and, when "fic.dat" appears, then makes... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolarMax
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change ip address & NFS

Hello, I would like to change ip address & ethernet address, in the linux application. I work with NFS. I remember from past experience that changing ip address when working with NFS, can interfere the NFS, and OS will stop working, but I didn't find any documentation for that. Is anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranshalit
1 Replies

8. AIX

Difference between NFS and GPFS

Hello Gurus, Could you please help me out of the difference between GPFS and NFS. Thanks- P (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cp via NFS vs. scp yields unexpected difference

I have two Linux machines, Linux1 and Linux2. They both have two NFS mounts. We'll call them /scratch1 and /scratch2. And they both reside on the same NetApp filer. If I copy a 512Mb file from /scratch1 to /scratch2 while logged on Linux1 it takes 40s. However if I scp this file from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crimso
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between & and nohup &

Hi All, Can anyone please help me understanding what the difference between the below two? 1. script.sh & 2. nohup script.sh & (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies
ACTDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual							ACTDIAG(1)

NAME
actdiag - generate activity-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
actdiag [options] files DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the actdiag commands. actdiag is a program that generate activity-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -h, --help show this help message and exit -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE -o FILE write diagram to FILE -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram -s, ----separate Separate diagram images for each group (SVG only) -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://tk0miya.bitbucket.org/actdiag/build/html/index.html AUTHOR
actdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). June 5, 2011 ACTDIAG(1)