Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Refer a remote file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Refer a remote file Post 302356258 by pludi on Friday 25th of September 2009 03:50:55 AM
Old 09-25-2009
Symbolic links don't work across the network. You can use one of NFS or SMB/CIFS. Or, if you're on Linux, you can use FUSE to mount remote directories via WebDAV, FTP, or SFTP.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to refer one variable using another

Hi, How will you refer one variable's value using another in unix? For e.g Take the case System1_ip=172.120.20.54 And in latter part of the program while I'm using the values in a for loop I use i=System1 j=${i}_ip k=$j But K's value at the end of the run is System1_ip I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dayanandra
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to refer to an old command

I want to see a command that I typed a few days back. It looks like I can access only the latest 1000 commands through the history command. Is there a way I can access it or has it been deleted? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
2 Replies

3. Programming

How to refer to variable (korn shell)?

Hi I have the following block of code in korn shell and don't now how to refer to variable `print variable1.$dvd` ? --- integer dvd=4 integer number=0 while (( dvd!=0 )) do print "Iteracja numer : $dvd" print "$_" #it refers to $dvd var but want to refer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

-0, what does it refer to?

When we write a Unix command for example like this: curl -0 ........ What is meant by "-0"? Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abder-Rahman
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hot to retrieve *.sql file names which we refer in .sh file.

Hi Guys, How to retrieve/get *.sql file names which we refer in all *.sh files. Can any one help me on this. Thanks, Kolipaka (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmanrk811
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to refer to input file in code?

This may be a dumb question, but googling is not giving me an answer. I'm trying to figure out how to refer to an input file in my code. Lets say i run a script in bash: "sh shellscript.sh inputfile" (Inputfile will be variable...whatever file i run the script on) I wanted to make... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato22
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to refer both files in awk?

Hi, In the script below, how can I refer both the input files at the same time? nawk '{print NR "-" FNR "-" FILENAME}' f1 f2 output: 1-1-f1 2-2-f1 3-3-f1 4-4-f1 5-1-f2 6-2-f2 7-3-f2 I want output like: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store remote variable from remote cat file ??

I am trying to cat on a file located on remote server and assign it to remote variable. I have both local and remote variables. Running below script from local. test.sh J_NAME=XXX2 J_IP=XXX ssh $J_IP "ps auxw |grep java | grep -v grep |grep $J_NAME | awk '{print ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

[[ -e $filename ]] - which man page to refer to these options

What does this do: f{ local logfile=$1 ] && logfile=$AMS_LOGFILE echo -e "--" } Can someone please guide me what does a) local variable do b) -z option stands for what? c) what other options are there (like -n, or -e, .., which man page do i refer to go through these... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AKS_Techie
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python: Refer a properties file from different location

Hi All, I'm having a python script: test.py in /path/to/script/test.py I'm using a properties file: test_properties.py (it is having values as dictionary{}) which is in same DIR as the script. Sample Properties file: params = { 'target_db' : 'a1_db' 'src_db' : ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
15 Replies
RFSTAT(1)							Rfio User Commands							 RFSTAT(1)

NAME
rfstat - get information about a file or directory SYNOPSIS
rfstat directory rfstat filename DESCRIPTION
The rfstat program provides an interface to the shift remote file I/O daemon (rfiod) for getting information about a remote directory or file. The filename or directory argument is either a remote file name of the form: hostname:path or a local file name (not containing the :/ character combination). The output from the rfstat command gives information similar to that of the ls -il command for listing local files or directories, one field per line. EXAMPLE
rfstat /tmp Device : 802 Inode number : 2 Nb blocks : 16 Protection : drwxrwxrwt (41777) Hard Links : 13 Uid : 0 (root) Gid : 0 (root) Size (bytes) : 4096 Last access : Wed Jun 15 07:18:10 2011 Last modify : Wed Jun 15 07:18:10 2011 Last stat. mod. : Wed Jun 15 07:18:10 2011 SEE ALSO
rfio_stat(3), rfiod(1) NOTES
rfstat does not support regular expressions (regexp(5)) in the directory or filename argument. AUTHOR
LCG Grid Deployment Team LCG
$Date$ RFSTAT(1)