Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remember processed files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remember processed files Post 302356204 by dr.house on Friday 25th of September 2009 12:47:47 AM
Old 09-25-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidorenko
What do you think about this approach
I'd create a "numbered list of files given" (see code below), then use those numbers for random selection and finally remove list entries in accordance to files extracted ...

Code:
ls -1 $FOLDER | nl -n nl >> files.list

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

It's been awhile...help me remember

Well it's been a long time since I have used any OS besides apples and windows (raising my son). My principal would like our teachers to use UNIX as their mail system. That's not a problem, the mail system is like riding a bike you never forget. Here's my problem. She wants me to write a script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catbad
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK--does anyone remember it

I am trying to run awk on a 55 page Word document. I wanted to delete every occurrence of <company>, <script>, </scripts> from the file then cut & paste all of the appropriate fields to an Excel spreadsheet. Also the code is suppose to replace the dates in a new format such as "xxxx-xx-xx" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnitadesigner
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Two Login's - Remember only one.

Hi All, Have only recently returned to Unix.com due to other activities (*oh the shame of it all). Anyways, when I initially came back to redesigned/revamped site I couldn't remember any of my logins. I'd originally thought that I'd used the UID of 'Cameron' but couldn't remember any details... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting access_log.processed in crontab

Hi, I've worked out that my server was getting clogged with the access_log.processed file. I deleted it using the command > /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/statistics/logs/access_log.processed I also set that up as a crontab job for every Wednesday. What I was wondering is the version using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chickenhouse
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting processed lines

I have a log file that I am processing. This contains messages from and to a server (requests and responses). The responses to requests may not be in order i.e. we can have a response to a request after several requests are sent, and in some error cases there may not be any response message. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BootComp
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep that I should know but I can't remember!

I have a master list of hosts, and a list of bad hosts. I want to filter out the bad hosts from the master list. I was trying a few for loops but it's not providing the desired result: for i in $(cat master_host_list);do grep -iv $i bad_host_list;done | sort | uniq # won't work because it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
5 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Anyone remember this cute unix ad?

It showed a cleaning woman (probably in the evening, after most of the other employees had left work) happily typing commands on a dot matrix terminal (could've been a DEC LA120, IIRC) just because "unix is so easy to use, even a cleaning woman can use it!". If you know where to find a scanned... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathiasbage
2 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Log Out vs Remember Me

Howdy, I clicked the rememberer me when I log in, and evidently I really do not understand what that means. I had hoped that at least it would remember my user name for the next time that I log in. However, when I log out, I see a message about cookies being removed and one other thing that I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danuke
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Oracle Linux issue - all files FTPed to it from windows need to to be processed with dos2UNIX

Hello Friends, I have observed one recent issue about ftp from windows to Linux. Initially we had Solaris unix and any file sent from windows to solaris via ftp (binary or ascii) worked smoothly. Say for e.g if I sent a shell script to soalris from windows, that script used to run corectly.... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Albert_Pinto7
17 Replies
xls2csv(1)						      General Commands Manual							xls2csv(1)

NAME
xls2csv - reads MS-Excel file and puts its content as comma-separated data on standard output SYNOPSIS
xls2csv [-xlV] [-f format ] [-b string ] [-s charset ] [-d charset ] [-q number ] [-c char] files DESCRIPTION
xls2csv reads MS-Excel spreadsheet and dumps its content as comma-separated values to stdout. Numbers are printed without delimiters, strings are enclosed in the double quotes. Double-quotes inside string are doubled. OPTIONS
-x print unknown Unicode chars as xNNNN, rather than as question marks -l list known charsets and exit successfully -cchar cell separator char. By default - comma. -bstring sheet break string. This string (by default - formfeed) would be output at the end of each workbook page. This string is printed after page starting at start of line, but no linefeed would be automatically added at the end of string. Include newline at the ent of sheet separator if you want it to appear on separate line by itself -gnumber number of decimal digits in the numbers. By default maximal double precision (system-dependent macro DBL_DIG) is used. -qnumber set quote mode. In quote mode 0 cell contents is never quoted. In quote mode 1 only strings which contain spaces, double quotes or commas are quoted. In quote mode 2 (default) all cells with type string are quoted. In quote mode 3 all cells are quoted. -dcharset` - specifies destination charset name. Charset file has format described in CHARACTER SETS section of catdoc(1) manual page. By default, current locale charset would be used if langinfo support was enabled at the compile time. -scharset - specifies source charset. Typically, Excel files have CODE PAGE record, which denotes input charset, but for some reason you may wish to override it. -fformat - specifies date/time format to use for output of all Excel date and time values. If this option is not specified, format, speci- fied in the spreadsheet is used. On POSIX system any format, allowed by strftime(3) can be used as value of this option. Under MS- DOS xls2csv implements limited set of strftime formats, namely m, d, y, Y, b, l, p, H, M, S. -V outputs version number FILES
${HOME}/.catdocrc, catdoc charset files and substitution map files (see catdoc(1) manual page for details, SEE ALSO
cat(1), catdoc(1), strings(1), utf8(7), unicode(7) AUTHOR
V.B.Wagner <vitus@45.free.net>, based on biffview by David Rysdam MS-Word reader Version 0.94.4 xls2csv(1)