Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting what is wrong with this expr line Post 302356198 by shadow_boi on Friday 25th of September 2009 12:29:13 AM
Old 09-25-2009
what is wrong with this expr line

It keeps giving me expr syntax error.
Code:
expr "${etherline[*]}" : ’.*no match found’ 2>&1 >/dev/null

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with this 5 line script!

Hi #!/bin/sh user=$1 if " -eq 0 ] echo "No" else echo "Yes" fi I'm not quite sure whats wrong with this but I know its something silly. Any ideas? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's wrong with this line: if ${TEST:?} ; then echo empty; fi

I want to print "empty" if $TEST is empty. TEST= if ${TEST:?} ; then echo empty; fi But it doesn't work. What's wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with this line?

I have a file $I_FILE that I need to filter and store the 1st and the 9th columns in another file $O_FILE. With this in Perl, system ("awk -F, '{print \$1, \$9}' \$I_FILE | sed '\/^\$\/d' > O_FILE"); I get: 4096045055 The first line in I_FILE is:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is wrong with this line?

system ("$ssh '$perf_stats' < temp_pipe 2>&1 &"); I need to start and interact with my executable defined by perf_stats on a remote machine but not change my command line to that of the remote machine. temp_pipe is a node created by mknod -f temp_pipe (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats wrong with this line using perl

E:\>perl -00ne 'push @a,"$_\0$ARGV\n";END{print reverse split/\0/ for sort @a}' file1-obj_prof.out.txt file2-obj_prof.out.txt' Can't find string terminator "'" anywhere before EOF at -e line 1. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this command line pls?

I executed the following command and got Arg List too long. find /dir1/dir2/LOG_* -prune -type f -mtime +3 -exec echo {} \; What's that about? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to delete last word on line...what's wrong?

I have a line that gets pulled from a database that has a variable number of fields, fields can also be of a variable size. Each field has a variable number of spaces between them so there is no 'defined' delimiter. The LastData block is always a single word. What I want to do is delete the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with tiny (g)awk line ??

Hi I wish to capitalize the first letter or every word in a text file with: gawk '{$0=gensub(/(\w)(\w*)/,toupper("\\1")"\\2","g");}' file.txtBut it doesn't work...: target: bla test Test TEST yes nO Yes yes restult: bla test Test TEST yes nO Yes yes any idea? thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

what's wrong with my awk line?

] && { echo "The free mem need to be more than 2G" } (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expr: non-numeric argument syntax error on line 1, teletype

Hi, I tried to look up the issue i'm experiencing, but i'm confused what's wrong with my script. After executing the script I'm getting the following error expr: non-numeric argument syntax error on line 1, teletype After some research, it seems that the problem relates to bc. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies
HW_GETOBJECT(3) 							 1							   HW_GETOBJECT(3)

hw_GetObject - Object record

SYNOPSIS
mixed hw_getobject (int $connection, mixed $objectID, [string $query]) DESCRIPTION
Gets an object record. If the second parameter is an array of integer the function will PARAMETERS
o $connection - The connection identifier. o $objectID - The object identifier, or an array of identifiers. o $query - The query string has the following syntax: <expr> ::= "(" <expr> ")" | "!" &lt;expr> | /* NOT */ <expr> "||" <expr> | /* OR */ <expr> "&amp;&amp;" <expr> | /* AND */ <attribute> <operator> <value> <attribute> ::= /* any attribute name (Title, Author, DocumentType ...) */ <operator> ::= "=" | /* equal */ "<" | /* less than (string compare) */ ">" | /* greater than (string compare) */ "~" /* regular expression matching */ RETURN VALUES
Returns the object record for the given object ID if the second parameter is an integer. If the second parameter is an array of integer the function will return an array of object records. In such a case the last parameter is also evaluated which is a query string. SEE ALSO
hw_getandlock(3), hw_getobjectbyquery(3). PHP Documentation Group HW_GETOBJECT(3)