Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris tips and tricks
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Solaris tips and tricks Post 302356099 by reborg on Thursday 24th of September 2009 01:02:47 PM
Old 09-24-2009

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

tips Solaris

hi all... I need to know, how I can create a log when the user loggin and logout...day and hour....any person help me..... thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed Tricks

I have a file which containd a string "old" and I need to replace all old with "new" if and only if it is a string not part of a string like Gold or fold etc. I tried with sed like below echo "old gold old" | sed 's/old/new/g' It doesn't give the desired output, It give "old Gnew new".... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Basic VI tricks

I found a decent guide of VI basic tricks. This guide does expect you to have a decent understanding of VI. It does not go over very much beginner related. vi Manual (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 11 performance optimization tips

Hi, I need general tips for solaris 11 performance optimization. For example - disable the unused services, etc. Thanks, Bhavin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavin1
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vim tips and tricks

Vim Tips and Tricks Save and quit :w => Save :q => Exit as long as there have been no changes :q! => Exit and ignore any changes :wq => Save and Exit. :x => Exit, saving changes ZZ => Exit and save changes if any have been made :10,20w filename => writes the... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
34 Replies
dtrace(7D)							      Devices								dtrace(7D)

NAME
dtrace - DTrace dynamic tracing facility DESCRIPTION
The dtrace driver provides the dynamic instrumentation and tracing facilities for the DTrace software, as well as the built-in dtrace provider. The dtrace driver is not a public interface and you access the instrumentation offered by this provider through DTrace tools such as dtrace(1M). Refer to the Solaris Dynamic Tracing Guide for a description of the public documented interfaces available for the DTrace facility and dtrace provider probes. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdtrp | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dtrace(1M), libdtrace(3LIB), attributes(5) Solaris Dynamic Tracing Guide SunOS 5.10 4 Sep 2003 dtrace(7D)