Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy 1 file 5000 times and Rename each +1 Post 302356074 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 24th of September 2009 12:28:10 PM
Old 09-24-2009
Code:
for ((i=1;i<=5000;i++)); do
  cp -p a.txt urnewdir/a${i}.txt
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy/rename file as date() unix/shell

File.jpg I want to copy and rename this as 2008-12-02.jpg I tried this copy File.jpg date '%y-%m-%d-%H:%M:%S'.jpg This doesnt work.... what do i do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hdogg
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to remove first 5000 lines from file?

Hi I have AIX 5.3 I want schedule a cronjob that can remove first 5000 lines every weekend. Is anybody know the commmand to remove first 5000 lines from unix file? Any Help will be Greatly appreciated. Thanks, Vishal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalpatel03
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy and rename file..

hi all, I have one config folder and updates folder.updates folder contains file tmp_2.0_20201208_45.xml and config folder contains file tmp.xml.When the tmp_2.0_20201208_45.xml file is copied in the config folder the name of this file is changed in config folder again as tmp.xml(old... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

.sh file To rename existing file and copy new file

Hi All, I am very new to shell scripting . In my current task i want to create .sh file that will rename the existing file with appending _bu in it. And then copy new file . e.g if i have file linuxFirst.java then i want to rename it to linuxFirst_bu.java ..Then want replace with latest... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maheshkaranjkar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Column Multiple Times

Hello, I wonder if it my problem can be solved. Inside File1.txt, there are 3 columns. Inside File 2.txt, contain certain variable(in this case, only "3"). So I want to : (copy File 1 x Variable in File 2). Expected result are File 3.txt. Any help are really appreciated. File 1.txt -92.033... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guns
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writitng a script to rename file name and copy to other folder

Hi All, My requirement is as follows: A file (say abc) will be having list of the .txt file names. I need to read this abc file line by line and rename the .txt file names inside it and move them to other folder/path. Eg: abc ------- file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Output (should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan.yadalla
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy set of lines n times?

I have a file with following data A B C I would like to print like this n times(For eg:n times) A B C A B C A B C A B C A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsuresh316
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy n paste n times

I have one mainframe copy book where I want to copy n times depend on occurs which mention below. Example: Below highlighted row mention “occurs 2 times” so I need to copy 2 times till next label 10. C14992 10 FILLER PIC X(2835). 01 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivalli
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to copy file 3 times and rename based on another file

In the below bash I am trying to copy the only text file (always only one) in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/list/QC/metrics.txt and rename each of the 3 text files according to /home/cmccabe/Desktop/test/list.txt using lines 3, 4 ,5. This format (that is list.txt) is always 5 lines. Thank you :). ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modification of perl script to split a large file into chunks of 5000 chracters

I have a perl script which splits a large file into chunks.The script is given below use strict; use warnings; open (FH, "<monolingual.txt") or die "Could not open source file. $!"; my $i = 0; while (1) { my $chunk; print "process part $i\n"; open(OUT, ">part$i.log") or die "Could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies
gensprep(8)							 ICU 50.1.2 Manual						       gensprep(8)

NAME
gensprep - compile StringPrep data from files filtered by filterRFC3454.pl SYNOPSIS
gensprep [ -h, -?, --help ] [ -v, --verbose ] [ -c, --copyright ] [ -s, --sourcedir source ] [ -d, --destdir destination ] DESCRIPTION
gensprep reads filtered RFC 3454 files and compiles their information into a binary form. The resulting file, <name>.icu, can then be read directly by ICU, or used by pkgdata(8) for incorporation into a larger archive or library. The files read by gensprep are described in the FILES section. OPTIONS
-h, -?, --help Print help about usage and exit. -v, --verbose Display extra informative messages during execution. -c, --copyright Include a copyright notice into the binary data. -s, --sourcedir source Set the source directory to source. The default source directory is specified by the environment variable ICU_DATA. -d, --destdir destination Set the destination directory to destination. The default destination directory is specified by the environment variable ICU_DATA. ENVIRONMENT
ICU_DATA Specifies the directory containing ICU data. Defaults to /usr/share/icu/50.1.2/. Some tools in ICU depend on the presence of the trailing slash. It is thus important to make sure that it is present if ICU_DATA is set. FILES
The following files are read by gensprep and are looked for in the source /misc for rfc3454_*.txt files and in source /unidata for Normal- izationCorrections.txt. rfc3453_A_1.txt Contains the list of unassigned codepoints in Unicode version 3.2.0.... rfc3454_B_1.txt Contains the list of code points that are commonly mapped to nothing.... rfc3454_B_2.txt Contains the list of mappings for casefolding of code points when Normalization form NFKC is specified.... rfc3454_C_X.txt Contains the list of code points that are prohibited for IDNA. NormalizationCorrections.txt Contains the list of code points whose normalization has changed since Unicode Version 3.2.0. VERSION
50.1.2 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2002 IBM, Inc. and others. SEE ALSO
pkgdata(8) ICU MANPAGE
18 March 2003 gensprep(8)