Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: id: invalid user name
Operating Systems Solaris id: invalid user name Post 302356032 by incredible on Thursday 24th of September 2009 10:18:33 AM
Old 09-24-2009

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX; Auto clearing of 'too many invalid login attempts by user'

Does anyone have a good script / cron job that handles this? I have looked in smit and see it is clearing this count with: chsec -f /etc/security/lastlog -a "unsuccessful_login_count=0" -s '{userid}' However when I looked around to find ways to automate this I have not found an easy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Johnson
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check invalid user account

Hi How to check invalid user account? invalid condition: 1. without home directory 2. home directory is empty 3. no home directory 4. no shell 5. no passwd user1:x:6000:6000:user1app:/DB/user1:/bin/ksh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoffry
5 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

invalid link

i follow on the https://www.unix.com/cfmgoogle.php?cx=partner-pub-6323928554267084%3Absye1r5tx7j&cof=FORID%3A10&q=solaris&sa=Search#907 https://www.unix.com/sun-solaris/ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hank
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Invalid IP

Hi, I have an SFTP script which is called from another run script: When the SFTP process is run we passed through an invalid ip address to check the error logging and to ensure everything is working as expected. Below is a sample of the code in the script: $RUNSOCKS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronnie_uk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

op is invalid

In the following code a= echo $? echo $? Why the op is (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipun4u
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

?Invalid Command

when i am executing the script i am getting ?Invalid command though the script is right. Could any one please let me know how to overcome this problem. Urgent Please Thanks a lot in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivia
2 Replies

7. AIX

Successful user login, yet system claims invalid info

I have four AIX 6.1.7.4 systems freshly built and ready for our DBAs to do their work. Of the three one runs into an odd issue while logging in as himself, using Putty with ssh protocols. He logs in successfully, but also gets the following error message: : 3004-300 You entered an invalid login... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike Brendan
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Failed password for invalid user

Dear All , I have created a user named X and gave sudo permissions for it , So that it can access some commands as root. This particular user can login to the server using SSH login through putty any where with in the network. But there is some issue , when the same user is trying from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Invalid date

Hi, I have a function to calculate "yesterday" in format YYYYMMDD: desa_ev9 # date +"%Y%m%d" --date "-1 day 20180701" 20180630 desa_ev9 # date +"%Y%m%d" --date "-1 day 20180720" 20180719 desa_ev9 # date +"%Y%m%d" --date "-1 day 20190101" 20181231 desa_ev9 # date +"%Y%m%d" --date "-1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: augreen
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)