Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Emergency Forum Posting Problem Post 302355970 by Neo on Thursday 24th of September 2009 07:50:28 AM
Old 09-24-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by otheus
Along these lines (sorry for stealing this thread, but it seems relevant here), should users be penalized for dup'ping to the Emergency forum after posting to the regular ones?

https://www.unix.com/emergency-unix-l...#post302355642
I don't think the double posting rule should apply in forum where the member pays Bits for the post.

It would be nice, however, if the member updated their original post(s) and pointed to the other thread, as a courtesy.

What do you think?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Posting in teh incorrect Forum

As i am going through the board today i noticed alot of questions out of place. and quite a few of them were rather redundent to stuff that has already been coverd. I know that talking about stuff that has already been coverd will always happen BUT comeone people. Dosent anyone read the FAQ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Posting on a forum

Hi all, found a little flash movie about posting. Check it out. http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html? Regards, Dream (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamCatcher
2 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

User Guide: Posting in the Emergency Forum

Emergency UNIX and Linux Support !! Help Me! Forum (Request Urgent Help) README FIRST: How to Request Emergency or Urgent Help: You may post emergency work-related questions in the emergency forum. To post in this forum you will need to use your Bits. All questions answered on a "best... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Forum posting help

How do some posters get just a simple little text box in the middle of a sentence or paragragh? I have seen many threads where posters aren't using code tags or quote tags, because both of those take up an entire line on the screen. It looks like a code tag, but has no header and no newline... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlphaLexman
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Emergency Support Forum usage

I think I've noticed over recent years that the number of threads started on the Emergency Support forum has become virtually nil. Why do we think that is? Members cannot easily to find that forum? The site layout has changed? The longevity of this forum means that all the answers are... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
10 Replies
smfi_setreply(3N)														 smfi_setreply(3N)

NAME
smfi_setreply() - sets the default SMTP error reply code SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
ctx Specifies the opaque context structure. rcode Specifies the 3-digit (RFC 821/2821) SMTP reply code as a null-terminated string. rcode cannot be set to NULL value. rcode must be a valid or reply code. xcode Specifies the extended (RFC 1893/2034) reply code. An xcode must conform to RFC 1893/2034. If xcode is set to NULL, an extended code is not used. message Specifies the text part of the SMTP reply. If message is set to NULL, an empty message is used. DESCRIPTION
The routine directly sets the SMTP error reply code for a connection. Only and replies are accepted. uses this code on subsequent error replies from the Milter function. can be called from any function except the function. Notes o Values passed to are not checked for standards compliance. o The message parameter must contain only printable characters; other characters may lead to undefined behavior. For example, CR or LF causes the call to fail, a single (percentage) character can cause the text to be ignored. If a (percentage) character must be used in a string, it must be used as o For more information on reply codes and their meanings, see RFC 821, 2821, 1893, or 2034. o If the reply code (rcode) given is a code but is used for the message, the normal reply is not used. If the reply code (rcode) given is a code but is used for the message, the custom reply is not used. In neither of these two cases, an error is returned to the Milter and silently ignores the reply code. o If the Milter returns and sets the reply code to the SMTP server terminates the SMTP session with a error code. RETURN VALUE
fails and returns if the rcode or xcode argument is invalid or a memory allocation failure occurs; otherwise; returns AUTHOR
The routine was developed by the Sendmail Inc. SEE ALSO
smfi_getsymval(3N), smfi_getpriv(3N), smfi_setreply(3N), smfi_setpriv(3N). on smfi_setreply(3N)