Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl system fuction with
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl system fuction with Post 302355960 by thegeek on Thursday 24th of September 2009 07:36:42 AM
Old 09-24-2009
You have new line in $location.

Kindly chomp it before giving it as argument.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get Oracle fuction return value in a variable

Hi All, :confused: I have the following code. var=' ' sqlplus user/pass@DB <<EOF whenever sqlerror exit 1 select package.func() into $var from dual; EOF echo $var But, this code does not work to display the value returned by the oracle function. Do we have to bind variables before... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - system command

Can this be done without using te system command? I have a directory with a large number of files in it, but I am interested in only the 8 most recent. The directory looks like -rw-rw-rw- 1 adsm adsm 13412 Sep 22 08:31 events_dump_09222005.csv.gz -rw-rw-rw- 1 adsm adsm ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggiej
5 Replies

3. Programming

about memset fuction

Dear all, In my code,i am planning to use memset function to re-initialise an array before populating it everytime. Will using memset function be an overload to the program? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help w/PERL system command

Hi, I'm wanting to run an nslookup, dig or whatever to check for the existence of a printer. The PERL script will display the results on the screen, but I can't figure out how to capture the result & test the value. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!!! Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lorik
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk and fuction (recursion) !! Urgent !!

Hey all, :D Could you please check following way of writing awk is correct or not ??? ----------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------- Its recursion being called. tempgrep.txt has : 462948 1311040 880922... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

fuction return in perl

Hi All, I have a perl script(1.pl) that calls a c function defined in another file sample.c #!/usr/bin/perl my $re = 1; my @s = `/home/PERL_SCRIPTING/Rough/sample pline $re 10`; print "$_" foreach(@s); The sample.c is as bwlow: # include <stdio.h> int pline(int, int);... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl variables in exec or system

I am new in Perl. I am working in simple script and the varibles are working well outside the exec or system command. but they don't work as parameters to exec or system command. The script is attached. please help. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

System variables in Perl

Hi I'm new to Perl and the forum. I've done a quick search on my question but I didn't see an answer. I sincerely apologize if this question has been asked. I'm trying to have my perl scrip recognize system variable $USER such that: my $test_path = "/temp/\$USER/g03/Gau-11097.EIn"; open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhbamboo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl copy vs system cp

What are the pros & cons, if any, between using Perl's copy module vs OS's system cp, for copying a file to another directory? Or are they exactly the same? 1) Perl's File::Copy module, as in copy ($filename, $dest_path) or die "ERROR: Cannot copy\n"; 2) if (system ("cp $filename,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slchin
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX date fuction - how to deduct days from today's date

Hi, One of my Unix scripts needs to look for files coming in on Fridays. This script runs on Mondays. $date +"%y%m%d" will give me today's date. How can I get previous Friday's date.. can I do "today's date minus 3 days" to get Friday's date? If not, then any other way?? Name of the files is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
4 Replies
foreach(3tcl)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						     foreach(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
foreach - Iterate over all elements in one or more lists SYNOPSIS
foreach varname list body foreach varlist1 list1 ?varlist2 list2 ...? body _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The foreach command implements a loop where the loop variable(s) take on values from one or more lists. In the simplest case there is one loop variable, varname, and one list, list, that is a list of values to assign to varname. The body argument is a Tcl script. For each element of list (in order from first to last), foreach assigns the contents of the element to varname as if the lindex command had been used to extract the element, then calls the Tcl interpreter to execute body. In the general case there can be more than one value list (e.g., list1 and list2), and each value list can be associated with a list of loop variables (e.g., varlist1 and varlist2). During each iteration of the loop the variables of each varlist are assigned consecutive values from the corresponding list. Values in each list are used in order from first to last, and each value is used exactly once. The total number of loop iterations is large enough to use up all the values from all the value lists. If a value list does not contain enough elements for each of its loop variables in each iteration, empty values are used for the missing elements. The break and continue statements may be invoked inside body, with the same effect as in the for command. Foreach returns an empty string. EXAMPLES
This loop prints every value in a list together with the square and cube of the value: set values {1 3 5 7 2 4 6 8} ;# Odd numbers first, for fun! puts "Value Square Cube" ;# Neat-looking header foreach x $values { ;# Now loop and print... puts " $x [expr {$x**2}] [expr {$x**3}]" } The following loop uses i and j as loop variables to iterate over pairs of elements of a single list. set x {} foreach {i j} {a b c d e f} { lappend x $j $i } # The value of x is "b a d c f e" # There are 3 iterations of the loop. The next loop uses i and j to iterate over two lists in parallel. set x {} foreach i {a b c} j {d e f g} { lappend x $i $j } # The value of x is "a d b e c f {} g" # There are 4 iterations of the loop. The two forms are combined in the following example. set x {} foreach i {a b c} {j k} {d e f g} { lappend x $i $j $k } # The value of x is "a d e b f g c {} {}" # There are 3 iterations of the loop. SEE ALSO
for(3tcl), while(3tcl), break(3tcl), continue(3tcl) KEYWORDS
foreach, iteration, list, looping Tcl foreach(3tcl)