Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: aix installation on as400
Operating Systems AIX aix installation on as400 Post 302355868 by Glykon on Thursday 24th of September 2009 02:11:40 AM
Old 09-24-2009
Thnx for response,
I'm not interest in AIX installation on partitions, i want complete server preinstall with AIX.
This boot mode can be answer. This is possible change of load source disks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Installation

I am in need some some simple... straight forward instructions for creating file systems on AIX. I have a raid controller and 4 18.2gb Hot Swap SCSI drives. I am sooooo confused about Volume Groups, Physical Volume, and Physical Partition, and Logical Volume and Logical Partitions. In a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
1 Replies

2. AIX

aix installation

hey all I have ibm RS6000 WORKSTATION,iam new to aix i worked on sparc system,but dont know anything abt aix can some one guide me how to install aix 4.3.3 fresh installtion how the partition to be created how to start the installltion and finish it how to add new external hdd. plss osme one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to connect to As400 database

Hi, could you please help me out what are the command line commands to connect to as400. Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
0 Replies

4. AIX

Installation an application on AIX

Hi all I'm newbie In this forum, i have posted some topics about zip and unzip a file on AIX system. And i have some answers so that AIX can not work with zip file, and they tell me some files to zip and unzip my files on AIX such as: zip-2.3-3.aix4.3.ppc.rpm unzip-5.51-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenguyen0101
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Access AS400 from HP (RISC) Unix OS

Hi everyone, I am in the need of some software which will allow me to access IBM AS400 from HP unix operating system. I could download the software from IBM site for windows OS and it is working succesfully. I need to do the same on UNIX OS. Could you please guide me to some site... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkoppula
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux connected to as400

we have a as400 5rev4 and want to use a rhel server to use as a file server. We exported a drive on the rhel box and then mounted it on the as400. We can see the top directory in our mounted as400 directory but when we attempt access subdirectories we get a no matching object error. When we open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javagair
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to transfer files from AIX to AS400/i-series Integrated File System

Hi all, We (AIX) currently mount to a ZFS on the Mainframe. When one of our local users wants to transfer a file to the Mainframe, they must first run binary MVSLOGIN passing user name and password. Our mainframe will be retired soon and business processes will be transferring to an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cruiser
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to argue for Unix vs. AS400/CICS

As a traveling consultant, my road took me to a massive Vegas Gaming operation, that runs it's shop with AS400/CICS. The legacy-4 rooms size- computer is protected more than fort Knox, and the level of trust that I earned is envious to many of the top leaders of the organization, and beyond. Yet... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sad_angle
0 Replies

9. AIX

AIX NIM installation

Could you please let me know, if it is possible to have NIM server running on one volume group and other applications like oracle running on other volume group. Do we need to have a dedicated server for only AIX NIM server?. I am new to AIX and planning to install NIM server on a test server. which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saikiran_1984
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

AS400

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I have a problem at work. I am a RPG programmer (AS400) but i have a new project to try something in QSHELL and i'm totally new to this. I have to make a 'list' wich contains all our AS400 directories (+ on this level the size of the directory and how many... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CODIII
0 Replies
SIIS(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   SIIS(4)

NAME
siis -- SiliconImage Serial ATA Host Controller driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device scbus device siis Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): siis_load="YES" The following tunables are settable from the loader(8): hint.siis.X.msi controls Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI) usage by the specified controller. hint.siisch.X.pm_level controls SATA interface Power Management for the specified channel, allowing some power to be saved at the cost of additional command latency. Possible values: 0 interface Power Management is disabled (default); 1 device is allowed to initiate PM state change, host is passive. Note that interface Power Management is not compatible with device presence detection. A manual bus reset is needed on device hot-plug. hint.siisch.X.sata_rev setting to nonzero value limits maximum SATA revision (speed). Values 1, 2 and 3 are respectively 1.5, 3 and 6Gbps. DESCRIPTION
This driver provides the CAM(4) subsystem with native access to the SATA ports of controller. Each SATA port is represented to CAM as a sep- arate bus with 16 targets. Most of the bus-management details are handled by the SATA-specific transport of CAM. Connected ATA disks are handled by the ATA protocol disk peripheral driver ada(4). ATAPI devices are handled by the SCSI protocol peripheral drivers cd(4), da(4), sa(4), etc. Driver features include support for Serial ATA and ATAPI devices, Port Multipliers (including FIS-based switching), hardware command queues (31 command per port), Native Command Queuing, SATA interface Power Management, device hot-plug and Message Signaled Interrupts. Same hardware is also supported by the atasiliconimage driver from ata(4) subsystem. If both drivers are loaded at the same time, this one will be given precedence as the more functional of the two. HARDWARE
The siis driver supports the following controllers: o SiI3124 o SiI3132 o SiI3531 SEE ALSO
ada(4), ata(4), cam(4), cd(4), da(4), sa(4) HISTORY
The siis driver first appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. AUTHORS
Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
July 18, 2009 BSD