Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to find creation date of file Post 302355842 by sarbjit on Thursday 24th of September 2009 12:45:19 AM
Old 09-24-2009
Thanks for your reply but i want to know date for a particular file. Actually my task is that i want to know whether after performing a set of operations a file is modified or not. So in your code you haven't mention file name.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file creation date & time

Hi All, I have some files which are creates every day using a script. I want to create a log files which does write "filename,creation day and time" how can I do this ?? Alice (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Creation Date to a Prespecified Date of a File In Unix

Dear Expert, Is there a command to do that in Unix? In such a way that we don't need to actually "write" or modified the content. -- monkfan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to find out user creation date

Is there a Command to find out user creation date ? or any other possible ways to find the same. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get File creation date.

Hi All, I need to get file creation date. I have to access one file who's name is like... abc.log092308 and the date changes as per current date. And i am accessing this file next day. meance in above case i will access above file on 09-24-2008 Also one problem is that this file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevan Salunke
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding creation date of a file

Hi, Can anyone tell me a process to find the creation date of a file in a directory. If suppose I have a file in a directory created in 2009 -rw-r--r-- 1 xyz guest 2480 Jul 16 2009 sample.txt The command should return the the file creation date as 16/07/2009 thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathich
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

How to get the file creation date with find command

Is it possible to find all files based on the date of creation? And if so, how? I've been looking at the find command but it seems that only modification times are used as an option. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add file creation date as new column

Hi , I have a requirement to append file creation date to each row in a file for all the files in a directory. Please help Thanks, Pavan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavan Ram B S
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change File Creation Date On Solaris

Dear Masters, I am using solaris 10. There is a requirement if a file created on Feb 1 or Feb 2, the creation date will be changed to Jan 31. Is there any command on Solaris to do that? Thanks, Kris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kris.adrianto
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to find files, those can be present anywhere in the directory tree,based on its creation date

Hi I am unable to find files, those are present anywhere in the same directory tree, based on the creation date. I need to find the files with their path, as I need to create them in another location and move them. I need some help with a script that may do the job. Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam192837465
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to print file name and its creation date

Hello , I am looking for a script to print file name and its last updated time. FILE CREATION-TIME FILE-NAME 24/10/2017 12:34 TDR-IU-8-2017.10.24.07:40:00-2017.10.24.07:45:00 when we run l command it print the directory and the files with details like permission,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
1 Replies
calendar(1)						      General Commands Manual						       calendar(1)

NAME
calendar - Writes reminder messages to standard output SYNOPSIS
calendar [-] STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: calendar: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
[Tru64 UNIX] Calls calendar for all users who have a calendar file in their home directories and sends reminders by mail. This flag is usually used only by the superuser as part of daily administrative procedures. DESCRIPTION
The calendar command reads a file named calendar in your current (usually home) directory and writes to standard output any line in the file that contains the current date or the next day's date. The calendar command recognizes date formats such as Dec. 7 or 12/7. It also recognizes the special character * (asterisk) to match any month. For example, it interprets */7 or * 7 as the seventh day of every month. On Fridays, calendar writes all lines containing the dates for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. It does not recognize holidays, so if the next day is a holiday calendar prints lines for that day, rather than for the next working day. For you to get reminder service when other users run calendar -, your calendar file must be readable by others (see the chmod command). NOTES
The calendar utility is marked LEGACY in XCU Issue 5. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Successful completion. An error occurred. EXAMPLES
To display information in the calendar file that pertains to today and tomorrow, enter: calendar A typical calendar file might look like this: */25 - Prepare monthly report Aug. 12 - Fly to Denver aug 23 - board meeting Martha out of town - 8/23, 8/24, 8/25 8/24 - Mail car payment sat aug/25 - beach trip August 27 - Meet with Simmons August 28 - Meet with Wilson If today is Friday, August 24, then the calendar command displays: */25 - Prepare monthly report Martha out of town - 8/23, 8/24, 8/25 8/24 - Mail car payment sat aug/25 - beach trip August 27 - Meet with Simmons ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of calendar: [Tru64 UNIX] If this variable is set, the calendar command uses its value as the full pathname of a template file that contains format strings. The strings consist of field descriptors and text characters which are used to provide a more robust set of allowable date formats in different languages using the appropriate settings of the environ- ment variables LANG or LC_TIME. See environ(5) for more information. The list of allowable field descriptions is provided in the date(1) reference page. Provides a default value for the internationalization variables that are unset or null. If LANG is unset or null, the cor- responding value from the default locale is used. If any of the internationalization variables contain an invalid setting, the utility behaves as if none of the variables had been defined. If set to a non-empty string value, overrides the values of all the other interna- tionalization variables. Determines the locale for the interpretation of sequences of bytes of text data as characters (for example, sin- gle-byte as opposed to multibyte characters in input files). Determines the locale for the format and contents of diagnostic messages written to standard error. Determines the format of date strings recognized by the calendar command. Determines the location of message catalogues for the processing of LC_MESSAGES. FILES
Contains user calendar entries. Determines dates. Contains user information. SEE ALSO
Commands: chmod(1), date(1), mail(1), mailx(1) Environment: environ(5) Standards: standards(5) calendar(1)