Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Info about Gateway Server
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Info about Gateway Server Post 302355767 by tostay2003 on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 04:51:25 PM
Old 09-23-2009
Info about Gateway Server

Hi,

Q1) What is a gateway server.

Q2) In a dataflow diagram I see that two applications (on Server A) pass data to a server XYZ. In the document one application lists the Server XYZ as a gateway server, but the other doesn't talk about it. Both are similar applications i.e. applications in a suite. why would they not be calling it the same.

Thanks

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP address and gateway info

How can I change the IP address and gateway info on a unix server? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gguzman
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

internet speed thru gateway/server

Other than security does having a separate linux box for the intranet server and a separate one for intranet gateway effect the speed of the internet connection. We have our server and gateway on 40GB HD 256 MB RAM 1.5 GHz Intel P3 Can the server/gateway be configured for better speed?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramyar
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Change gateway without reboot server

Hi Gurus Recently i had change the gateway for a server i had change the IP in the /etc/defaultrouter and run the below command # route add default 10.86.33.222 # route delete default 10.86.33.1 # netstat -rn Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Remote Linux server not accessible from same gateway after somedays

Hello, We are working on Client's remote server and accessing the same from putty from our office. Now from last 1 month we are facing an issue of inaccessibility of servers from same gateway we configured on our Desktop. However some machines are accessing the same remote server from same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
Net::Server::MultiType(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Net::Server::MultiType(3)

NAME
Net::Server::MultiType - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use base qw(Net::Server::MultiType); sub process_request { #...code... } my @types = qw(PreFork Fork Single); Net::Server::MultiType->run(server_type => @types); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality is intended to allow for easy use of multiple Net::Server personalities. Given a list of server types, Net::Server::MultiType will require one at a time until it finds one that is installed on the system. It then adds that package to its @ISA, thus inheriting the methods of that personality. ARGUMENTS
In addition to the command line arguments of the Net::Server base class, Net::Server::MultiType contains one other configurable parameter. Key Value Default server_type 'server_type' 'Single' server_type May be called many times to build up an array or possible server_types. At execution, Net::Server::MultiType will find the first available one and then inherit the methods of that personality CONFIGURATION FILE
"Net::Server::MultiType" allows for the use of a configuration file to read in server parameters. The format of this conf file is simple key value pairs. Comments and white space are ignored. #-------------- file test.conf -------------- ### multi type info ### try PreFork first, then go to Single server_type PreFork server_type Single ### server information min_servers 20 max_servers 80 spare_servers 10 max_requests 1000 ### user and group to become user somebody group everybody ### logging ? log_file /var/log/server.log log_level 3 pid_file /tmp/server.pid ### access control allow .+.(net|com) allow domain.com deny a.+ ### background the process? background 1 ### ports to bind host 127.0.0.1 port localhost:20204 port 20205 ### reverse lookups ? # reverse_lookups on #-------------- file test.conf -------------- PROCESS FLOW
See Net::Server HOOKS
There are no additional hooks in Net::Server::MultiType. TO DO
See Net::Server AUTHOR
Paul T. Seamons paul@seamons.com SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::Fork, Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::Single perl v5.18.2 2012-06-05 Net::Server::MultiType(3)