Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SVM question
Operating Systems Solaris SVM question Post 302355758 by desertdenizen on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 03:48:18 PM
Old 09-23-2009
Which part of putting them together is giving you trouble?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Change the name in SVM

gurus, i have configured the LUN's in solaris 10.after labeled the disk,i have added the disk into one of the soft partition using metattach d0 c5t1000d10s6.actully before that i should confiure the powermt and than i should have add metattch d0 emcpowerc2.i forget to do that and increased... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjay.com
0 Replies

2. Solaris

SVM, mirroring

Really sorry for the long posting. But i would really want to clear all the doubts. I have 2 disk c0t0d0 & c0t1d0, i wanted to mirror c0t1d0 (mirror) to c0t0d0 (main). Creating state database replica: metadb -a -c3 -f c0t0d0s7 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SVM doubt

i have taken two separate disk A and B created 4 slices in each A b s4 s4 s5 s5 s6 s6 s7 s7 took slices s4 of A and slice s6 0f B ---created a meta device d0 took slices s4 of B and slice s6 0f A---created a meta device d1 created main mirror d2 using d0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem with SVM

HI, I added by error to a submirror some disks : metattach d53 c2t90d0s0 c2t90d1s0 ... instead of doing a stripe by disk (like that) : metattach d53 c2t90d0s0 metattach d53 c2t90d1s0 .. then, I did a growfs -M to expand FS and the size isn't correct. I tried to launch a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phil.nakache
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SVM

How to list out multiple Disk sets in SVM # metaset -s <disksetname> --- This will list out only one diskset but I need a list of disk sets configured for the node. Is there any command,please let me know ... Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pramath
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is interlace value in SVM?

Hi All, I want to know what is the Interlace value in SVM and what is the need of this ? regards, prashant (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SVM - Concatenation Question

Hi All, I have a metadevice d10 created on c0t0d0s7 in a sloaris machine. I have inserted a new disk and i would like to concatenate the new disk (c0t1d0s0) to d10. Since d10 is already in use,can i concatenate it? If so please help me with the command and procedure. I tried the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

8. Solaris

SVM Creation

Hello, I recently patched my Solaris 10 box and found out that few of the apps are not working. Fortunately, I had detached the mirroring prior to patching, so I just booted into my secondary disk and found that my apps are working.... The problem is this was way back in last month....see... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigi_p5
14 Replies

9. Solaris

Fsck with SVM

Hello I want to ask that how to mount and run fsck in SVM disk.In my scenario if i have to disks c0t0d0 and c0t1d0 these two disks are in Mirroring (raid1) if i want to run fsck on the disks than below are the right steps? ok boot cdrom -s mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /a cd /a fsck... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnybravo
3 Replies

10. Solaris

SVM ISSUE...

Dear All, I face some errors in SVM.Need help. Actually couple of days ago i got a call from one of the customer mentioning that one of the sub-mirror was in Need maintance state. So we replaced that disk. After Replacing the disk it comes back to "Okay" State. But the Error are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
3 Replies
XmResolvePartOffsets(3X)												  XmResolvePartOffsets(3X)

NAME
XmResolvePartOffsets - A function that allows writing of upward-compatible applications and widgets SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/XmP.h> void XmResolvePartOffsets (widget_class, offset) WidgetClass widget_class; XmOffsetPtr * offset; DESCRIPTION
The use of offset records requires one extra global variable per widget class. The variable consists of a pointer to an array of offsets into the widget record for each part of the widget structure. The XmResolvePartOffsets function allocates the offset records needed by an application to guarantee upward-compatible access to widget instance records by applications and widgets. These offset records are used by the widget to access all of the widget's variables. A widget needs to take the following steps: Instead of creating a resource list, the widget creates an offset resource list. To help you accomplish this, use the XmPartResource structure and the XmPartOffset macro. The XmPartResource data structure looks just like a resource list, but instead of having one integer for its offset, it has two shorts. This is put into the class record as if it were a normal resource list. Instead of using XtOffset for the offset, the widget uses XmPartOffset. XmPartResource resources[] = { { BarNxyz, BarCXyz, XmRBoolean, sizeof(Boolean), XmPartOffset(Bar,xyz), XmRImmediate, (XtPointer)False } }; Instead of putting the widget size in the class record, the widget puts the widget part size in the same field. Instead of putting XtVersion in the class record, the widget puts XtVersionDontCheck in the class record. The widget defines a variable, of type XmOffsetPtr, to point to the offset record. This can be part of the widget's class record or a separate global variable. In class initialization, the widget calls XmResolvePartOffsets, passing it a pointer to contain the address of the offset record and the class record. This does several things: Adds the superclass (which, by definition, has already been initialized) size field to the part size field. Allocates an array based upon the number of superclasses. Fills in the off- sets of all the widget parts with the appropriate values, determined by examining the size fields of all superclass records. Uses the part offset array to modify the offset entries in the resource list to be real offsets. The widget defines a constant which will be the index to its part structure in the offsets array. The value should be 1 greater than the index of the widget's super- class. Constants defined for all Xm widgets can be found in <XmP.h>. #define BarIndex (XmBulletinBIndex + 1) Instead of accessing fields directly, the widget must always go through the offset table. The XmField macro helps you access these fields. Because the XmPartOffset and XmField macros concatenate things together, you must ensure that there is no space after the part argument. For example, the following macros do not work because of the space after the part (Label) argument: XmField(w, offset, Label , text, char *) XmPartOffset(Label , text) Therefore, you must not have any spaces after the part (Label) argument, as illustrated here: XmField(w, offset, Label, text, char *) You can define macros for each field to make this easier. Assume an integer field xyz: #define BarXyz(w) (*(int *)(((char *) w) + offset[BarIndex] + XtOffset(BarPart,xyz))) The parameters for XmResolvePartOffsets are defined below: Specifies the widget class pointer for the created widget. Returns the offset record. SEE ALSO
XmResolveAllPartOffsets(3X) XmResolvePartOffsets(3X)