Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SVM question
Operating Systems Solaris SVM question Post 302355701 by seg on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 12:15:26 PM
Old 09-23-2009
The man page for metainit has examples for concatenation. Additionally Sun's documentation of SVM has explicit examples for setting up a RAID 10 or 0+1.
Setting up s0 or s1 as the data slice then using s7 for metadb is a good idea and you should stick with that.

Chapter 9 RAID-0 (Stripe and Concatenation) Volumes (Tasks)
Chapter 11 RAID-1 (Mirror) Volumes (Tasks)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Change the name in SVM

gurus, i have configured the LUN's in solaris 10.after labeled the disk,i have added the disk into one of the soft partition using metattach d0 c5t1000d10s6.actully before that i should confiure the powermt and than i should have add metattch d0 emcpowerc2.i forget to do that and increased... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjay.com
0 Replies

2. Solaris

SVM, mirroring

Really sorry for the long posting. But i would really want to clear all the doubts. I have 2 disk c0t0d0 & c0t1d0, i wanted to mirror c0t1d0 (mirror) to c0t0d0 (main). Creating state database replica: metadb -a -c3 -f c0t0d0s7 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SVM doubt

i have taken two separate disk A and B created 4 slices in each A b s4 s4 s5 s5 s6 s6 s7 s7 took slices s4 of A and slice s6 0f B ---created a meta device d0 took slices s4 of B and slice s6 0f A---created a meta device d1 created main mirror d2 using d0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem with SVM

HI, I added by error to a submirror some disks : metattach d53 c2t90d0s0 c2t90d1s0 ... instead of doing a stripe by disk (like that) : metattach d53 c2t90d0s0 metattach d53 c2t90d1s0 .. then, I did a growfs -M to expand FS and the size isn't correct. I tried to launch a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phil.nakache
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SVM

How to list out multiple Disk sets in SVM # metaset -s <disksetname> --- This will list out only one diskset but I need a list of disk sets configured for the node. Is there any command,please let me know ... Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pramath
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is interlace value in SVM?

Hi All, I want to know what is the Interlace value in SVM and what is the need of this ? regards, prashant (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SVM - Concatenation Question

Hi All, I have a metadevice d10 created on c0t0d0s7 in a sloaris machine. I have inserted a new disk and i would like to concatenate the new disk (c0t1d0s0) to d10. Since d10 is already in use,can i concatenate it? If so please help me with the command and procedure. I tried the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

8. Solaris

SVM Creation

Hello, I recently patched my Solaris 10 box and found out that few of the apps are not working. Fortunately, I had detached the mirroring prior to patching, so I just booted into my secondary disk and found that my apps are working.... The problem is this was way back in last month....see... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigi_p5
14 Replies

9. Solaris

Fsck with SVM

Hello I want to ask that how to mount and run fsck in SVM disk.In my scenario if i have to disks c0t0d0 and c0t1d0 these two disks are in Mirroring (raid1) if i want to run fsck on the disks than below are the right steps? ok boot cdrom -s mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /a cd /a fsck... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnybravo
3 Replies

10. Solaris

SVM ISSUE...

Dear All, I face some errors in SVM.Need help. Actually couple of days ago i got a call from one of the customer mentioning that one of the sub-mirror was in Need maintance state. So we replaced that disk. After Replacing the disk it comes back to "Okay" State. But the Error are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
3 Replies
SVM(3)									 1								    SVM(3)

The SVM class

INTRODUCTION
CLASS SYNOPSIS
SVM SVM Constants o const integer$SVM::C_SVC0 o const integer$SVM::NU_SVC1 o const integer$SVM::ONE_CLASS2 o const integer$SVM::EPSILON_SVR3 o const integer$SVM::NU_SVR4 o const integer$SVM::KERNEL_LINEAR0 o const integer$SVM::KERNEL_POLY1 o const integer$SVM::KERNEL_RBF2 o const integer$SVM::KERNEL_SIGMOID3 o const integer$SVM::KERNEL_PRECOMPUTED4 o const integer$SVM::OPT_TYPE101 o const integer$SVM::OPT_KERNEL_TYPE102 o const integer$SVM::OPT_DEGREE103 o const integer$SVM::OPT_SHRINKING104 o const integer$SVM::OPT_PROPABILITY105 o const integer$SVM::OPT_GAMMA201 o const integer$SVM::OPT_NU202 o const integer$SVM::OPT_EPS203 o const integer$SVM::OPT_P204 o const integer$SVM::OPT_COEF_ZERO205 o const integer$SVM::OPT_C206 o const integer$SVM::OPT_CACHE_SIZE207 Methods o public SVM::__construct (void ) o public float svm::crossvalidate (array $problem, int $number_of_folds) o public array SVM::getOptions (void ) o public bool SVM::setOptions (array $params) o public SVMModel svm::train (array $problem, [array $weights]) PREDEFINED CONSTANTS
SVM CONSTANTS
o SVM::C_SVC -The basic C_SVC SVM type. The default, and a good starting point o SVM::NU_SVC -The NU_SVC type uses a different, more flexible, error weighting o SVM::ONE_CLASS -One class SVM type. Train just on a single class, using outliers as negative examples o SVM::EPSILON_SVR -A SVM type for regression (predicting a value rather than just a class) o SVM::NU_SVR -A NU style SVM regression type o SVM::KERNEL_LINEAR -A very simple kernel, can work well on large document classification problems o SVM::KERNEL_POLY -A polynomial kernel o SVM::KERNEL_RBF -The common Gaussian RBD kernel. Handles non-linear problems well and is a good default for classification o SVM::KERNEL_SIGMOID -A kernel based on the sigmoid function. Using this makes the SVM very similar to a two layer sigmoid based neural network o SVM::KERNEL_PRECOMPUTED -A precomputed kernel - currently unsupported. o SVM::OPT_TYPE -The options key for the SVM type o SVM::OPT_KERNEL_TYPE -The options key for the kernel type o SVM::OPT_DEGREE - o SVM::OPT_SHRINKING -Training parameter, boolean, for whether to use the shrinking heuristics o SVM::OPT_PROBABILITY -Training parameter, boolean, for whether to collect and use probability estimates o SVM::OPT_GAMMA -Algorithm parameter for Poly, RBF and Sigmoid kernel types. o SVM::OPT_NU -The option key for the nu parameter, only used in the NU_ SVM types o SVM::OPT_EPS -The option key for the Epsilon parameter, used in epsilon regression o SVM::OPT_P -Training parameter used by Episilon SVR regression o SVM::OPT_COEF_ZERO -Algorithm parameter for poly and sigmoid kernels o SVM::OPT_C -The option for the cost parameter that controls tradeoff between errors and generality - effectively the penalty for misclassifying training examples. o SVM::OPT_CACHE_SIZE -Memory cache size, in MB PHP Documentation Group SVM(3)