Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SVM question
Operating Systems Solaris SVM question Post 302355695 by NewSolarisAdmin on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 12:08:30 PM
Old 09-23-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by System Shock
Is this Solaris 10? I'd use ZFS if it is Solaris 10.
It is Sol 10. There is supposedly some limitation on the Database side of things that limits me to using ufs file systems. If it was up to me I would use zfs too, but I can't.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Change the name in SVM

gurus, i have configured the LUN's in solaris 10.after labeled the disk,i have added the disk into one of the soft partition using metattach d0 c5t1000d10s6.actully before that i should confiure the powermt and than i should have add metattch d0 emcpowerc2.i forget to do that and increased... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjay.com
0 Replies

2. Solaris

SVM, mirroring

Really sorry for the long posting. But i would really want to clear all the doubts. I have 2 disk c0t0d0 & c0t1d0, i wanted to mirror c0t1d0 (mirror) to c0t0d0 (main). Creating state database replica: metadb -a -c3 -f c0t0d0s7 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SVM doubt

i have taken two separate disk A and B created 4 slices in each A b s4 s4 s5 s5 s6 s6 s7 s7 took slices s4 of A and slice s6 0f B ---created a meta device d0 took slices s4 of B and slice s6 0f A---created a meta device d1 created main mirror d2 using d0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem with SVM

HI, I added by error to a submirror some disks : metattach d53 c2t90d0s0 c2t90d1s0 ... instead of doing a stripe by disk (like that) : metattach d53 c2t90d0s0 metattach d53 c2t90d1s0 .. then, I did a growfs -M to expand FS and the size isn't correct. I tried to launch a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phil.nakache
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SVM

How to list out multiple Disk sets in SVM # metaset -s <disksetname> --- This will list out only one diskset but I need a list of disk sets configured for the node. Is there any command,please let me know ... Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pramath
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is interlace value in SVM?

Hi All, I want to know what is the Interlace value in SVM and what is the need of this ? regards, prashant (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SVM - Concatenation Question

Hi All, I have a metadevice d10 created on c0t0d0s7 in a sloaris machine. I have inserted a new disk and i would like to concatenate the new disk (c0t1d0s0) to d10. Since d10 is already in use,can i concatenate it? If so please help me with the command and procedure. I tried the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

8. Solaris

SVM Creation

Hello, I recently patched my Solaris 10 box and found out that few of the apps are not working. Fortunately, I had detached the mirroring prior to patching, so I just booted into my secondary disk and found that my apps are working.... The problem is this was way back in last month....see... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigi_p5
14 Replies

9. Solaris

Fsck with SVM

Hello I want to ask that how to mount and run fsck in SVM disk.In my scenario if i have to disks c0t0d0 and c0t1d0 these two disks are in Mirroring (raid1) if i want to run fsck on the disks than below are the right steps? ok boot cdrom -s mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /a cd /a fsck... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnybravo
3 Replies

10. Solaris

SVM ISSUE...

Dear All, I face some errors in SVM.Need help. Actually couple of days ago i got a call from one of the customer mentioning that one of the sub-mirror was in Need maintance state. So we replaced that disk. After Replacing the disk it comes back to "Okay" State. But the Error are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
3 Replies
ZFS-FUSE(8)							  [FIXME: manual]						       ZFS-FUSE(8)

NAME
zfs-fuse - ZFS filesystem daemon SYNOPSIS
zfs-fuse [--pidfile filename] [--no-daemon] [--no-kstat-mount] [--disable-block-cache] [--disable-page-cache] [--fuse-attr-timeout SECONDS] [--fuse-entry-timeout SECONDS] [--log-uberblocks] [--max-arc-size MB] [--fuse-mount-options OPT,OPT,OPT...] [--min-uberblock-txg MIN] [--stack-size=size] [--enable-xattr] [--help] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the zfs-fuse command. zfs-fuse is a daemon which provides support for the ZFS filesystem, via fuse. Ordinarily this daemon will be invoked from system boot scripts. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -h --help Show summary of options. -p filename --pidfile filename Write the daemon's PID to filename after daemonizing. Ignored if --no-daemon is passed. filename should be a fully-qualified path. -n --no-daemon Stay in foreground, don't daemonize. --no-kstat-mount Do not mount kstats in /zfs-kstat --disable-block-cache Enable direct I/O for disk operations. Completely disables caching reads and writes in the kernel block cache. Breaks mmap() in ZFS datasets too. --disable-page-cache Disable the page cache for files residing within ZFS filesystems. Not recommended as it slows down I/O operations considerably. -a SECONDS --fuse-attr-timeout SECONDS Sets timeout for caching FUSE attributes in kernel. Defaults to 0.0. Higher values give a 40% performance boost. -e SECONDS --fuse-entry-timeout SECONDS Sets timeout for caching FUSE entries in kernel. Defaults to 0.0. Higher values give a 10000% performance boost but cause file permission checking security issues. --log-uberblocks Logs uberblocks of any mounted filesystem to syslog -m MB --max-arc-size MB Forces the maximum ARC size (in megabytes). Range: 16 to 16384. -o OPT... --fuse-mount-options OPT,OPT,OPT... Sets FUSE mount options for all filesystems. Format: comma-separated string of characters. -u MIN --min-uberblock-txg MIN Skips uberblocks with a TXG < MIN when mounting any fs -v MB --vdev-cache-size MB adjust the size of the vdev cache. Default : 10 --zfs-prefetch-disable Disable the high level prefetch cache in zfs. This thing can eat up to 150 Mb of ram, maybe more --stack-size=size Limit the stack size of threads (in kb). default : no limit (8 Mb for linux) -x --enable-xattr Enable support for extended attributes. Not generally recommended because it currently has a significant performance penalty for many small IOPS -h --help Show this usage summary. REMARKS ON PRECEDENCE
Note that the parameters passed on the command line take precedence over those supplied through /etc/zfs/zfsrc. BUGS
/CAVEATS The path to the configuration file (/etc/zfs/zfsrc) cannot at this time be configured. Most existing packages suggest settings can be set at the top of their init script. These get frequently overridden by a (distribution specific) /etc/default/zfs-fuse file, if it exists. Be sure to look at these places if you want your changes to options to take effect. The /etc/zfs/zfsrc is going to be the recommended approach in the future. So, packagers, please refrain from passing commandline parameters within the initscript (except for --pid-file). SEE ALSO
zfs (8), zpool (8), zdb(8), zstreamdump(8), /etc/zfs/zfsrc AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bryan Donlan bdonlan@gmail.com for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation, or the Common Development and Distribution License. Revised by Seth Heeren zfs-fuse@sehe.nl On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. The text of the Common Development and Distribution Licence may be found at /usr/share/doc/zfs-fuse/copyright COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Bryan Donlan [FIXME: source] 2010-06-09 ZFS-FUSE(8)