Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX can't vary on vg - no good copies of the descriptor area Post 302355668 by Padow on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 10:29:02 AM
Old 09-23-2009
You can use chvg -g to check for changed disk sizes. It's probably a better idea to switch physical hosts, then extend the luns or vice versa rather than doing both at the same time.
Padow

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lp not printing multiple copies

I'm trying to print multiple copies of a file on sun solaris 8 with the lp -n command to no avail. No matter what numeric value I supply -n, I still only get 1 copy of the file printed. The command I'm using is 'lp -d SNY_IT5000-2 -n2 file' The printer is an HP Laserjet 4000 with a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing Multiple Copies

Has anyone come accross and solved an issue where only 1 copy of a doc prints after you use the -n flag and specify more then 1. My exact syntax is lp -dprintername -n3 documentname enq command does same thing. Both commands show the 3 copies in the queue but only 1 ever prints I am using AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple copies at once

Dear all, Today I spend almost all my day with something I hope any of you can help me with... I'm trying to write a small script (!/bin/sh) to be able to make 900 copies of one file. Can anyone help me with this? I couldn't figure this out (maybe I need to create some sort of loop) and couldn't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: marjocello
8 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Script that copies one file to/over another

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a script that asks for 4 arguments, and the 1st and 3rd need to be -i and -o, and the 2nd/4th need to be file names. Technically, it's supposed to be run as: ./Lab_14.sh -i input.txt -o output.txt Depending on how many... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoVi3t
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove copies/duplicates of same entry

Hi, I have a very big (with around 1 million entries) txt file with IPv4 addresses in the standard format, i.e. a.b.c.d The file looks like 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.1 10.1.2.4 10.1.2.4 12.1.5.6 . . . . and so on.... There are duplicate/multiple entries for some IP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajal.bhatia
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make multiple copies?

At work I have to create multiple copies of a file all the time. Example: I have a file called Sec30p01.txt I need thirty of these, then I edit one line in each to make 30 different control files. So I end up with Sec30p02.txt, Sec30p03.txt and so on up to 30 Currently I copy the first file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: faaslave
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar creating copies of files

I am trying to archive directories based on their last modified date. When I tar and compress the directory it makes copies of whats inside, I don't know how to fix this. Here is my code. #!/bin/bash #AUTODRUNDISABLE VERSION="0.2" cd /desired/directory/to/archive find . -type d -newermt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding copies of files

theres a situation i'm dealing with where i feel like folks are stealing some of my files. they copy it (because they have complete sudo root access like i do) from my home directory and they copy it wherever and then change the name of the file so i wont know that they have it. is there a way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies
EXTUNDELETE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    EXTUNDELETE(1)

NAME
extundelete - utility to undelete files from an ext3 or ext4 partition. SYNOPSIS
extundelete [options] device-file... DESCRIPTION
extundelete is a utility that can recover deleted files from an ext3 or ext4 partition extundelete uses the information stored in the partition's journal to attempt to recover a file that has been deleted from the partition. There is no guarantee that any particular file will be able to be undeleted, so always try to have a good backup system in place, or at least put one in place after recovering your files! OPTIONS
--version Prints the version number of extundelete. --help Print a brief usage summary for extundelete. Partition name Name of the partition that has deleted files, such as /dev/sda3. Could also be the file name of a copy of the partition, such as that made with dd. --superblock Prints information about the filesystem from the superblock. --journal --superblock Prints information about the journal from the journal's superblock. --inode # Prints the information from the inode number of the filesystem given, such as "--inode 2". --block # Prints the contents of the block, called as "--block 9652". --restore-file path/to/deleted/file Attempts to restore the file which was deleted at the given filename, called as "--restore-file dirname/filename". --restore-inode # Used to restore inodes by number, called as "--restore-inode 2569". Also accepts a list of inodes separated by only commas, such as "--restore-inode 2569,5692,6925". --restore-files filename Restores a list of files. First, construct a list of files in the same style as would be used in the --restore-file option, and save it to the file "filename". Then, this option may be used to attempt to restore those files with a single call to extundelete. This form also reduces redundancy from multiple calls parsing the journal multiple times. --output-dir path/to/dump/recovered/files Restores files in the output dir 'path'. By default the restored files are created under current directory 'RECOVERED_FILES' --restore-all Restores all files possible to undelete to their names before deletion, when possible. Other files are restored to a filename like "file.NNNN". --restore-directory path/of/directory Restores all files possible to link to specified directory to their names before deletion, when possible. -j journal_dev Specifies the device that is the external journal of the file system. -b block_number Specifies the block number of the backup superblock to be used when opening the file system. -B block_size Specifies the block size of the partition to be used when opening the file system. --before date Only restore files deleted before the date specified, which should be in the form of the number of seconds since the UNIX epoch. Use a shell command like $ date -d "Aug 1 9:02" +%s to convert a human-readable date to the proper format. The conversion from the number of seconds to a readable format may be found by using either of the following: $ date -d@1234567890 $ perl -le "print scalar localtime 1234567890" --after date Only restore files deleted after the date specified, which should be in the form of the number of seconds since the UNIX epoch. See the notes for the --before option for more information. AUTHOR
extundelete was written by Nic Case <number9652@users.sourceforge.net> Copyright (C) 2009, 2010 This manual page was written by Elias Alejandro Ano Mendoza <ealmdz@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). September 29, 2010 EXTUNDELETE(1)