Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support getting wrong output with AWK command!!! Post 302355649 by ganesh_248 on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 10:10:19 AM
Old 09-23-2009
Thank You Dr.house for your timely help

---------- Post updated at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
The ' character prevents variable expansion.
Code:
awk -v oldfilecount=$oldfilecount 'NR>oldfilecount' $eachfile | sed 's/"//g' > outfile

Thank you for clarifying me...Now the script is working fine..SmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK command giving wrong input

Hi all, I have a problem with qwk command. i have to check process status and for that i am using command prstat -mvL 1 1 and it gives me the entire output but when i use this command with awk like this: prstat -mvL 1 1 | awk -F" " '{print $1,$15}' to get first and 15th arguments. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort command giving wrong output

Hi all, I have a problem with sort command. i have a file which looks like this: "file1 1073 java/4 1073 java/180 1073 java/170 1073 java/176 1073 java/167 1073 java/40 1073 java/33 1073 java/136 28988 java/76 28988 java/73 28988 java/48 28988 java/26" and i want to sort... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tr command giving wrong output

Hi All, i have a file which have many fields delimited by ,(comma) now i have to show only few fields and not all. the sample text file looks like this: TYPE=SERVICEEVENT, TIMESTAMP=05/06/2009 11:01:40 PM, HOST=sppwa634, APPLICATION=ASComp, FUNCTION=LimitsService, SOU... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong output in find command

Hi guys - I am trying a small script to tell me if there is a file that exists less than 1k. It should report ERROR, otherwise the check is good. I wrote this script down, however it never runs in the if/then statement. It always returns the echo ERROR. MYSIZE=$(find /home/student/dir1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command showing wrong output in Linux

Hi All I am trying to run a script in linux wherein i have a command like this grep ^prmAttunityUser= djpHewr2XFMAttunitySetup_ae1_tmp djpHewr2XFMAttunitySetup_ae1_tmp is a temporary file in which the user value is stored but this command in the script returns me balnk value whereas it has a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output in AWK command

hi Friends , I have a file as below s.txt 1~2~~4 2~6~~7 3~8~~9 t.txt 1~2~~4 2~5~8~7 3~8~~7 header for both files is common (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If && command giving wrong output

Hi All, I am trying to run a script which will search for 2 strings(stopped,started) in a text file and echo an output depending on below condition -bash-3.2$ cat trial1.txt v ggg f -bash-3.2$ cat trial1.sh VAR9=` grep 'stopped' /tmp/trial1.txt` VAR10=` grep 'started'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
4 Replies

8. Solaris

No output from awk command

Hi all, In my SunOS 5.10, the command awk using BEGIN option doesn't print output variables like expected here is my test: with the following code everything is alright ps -eo pcpu,args | grep "httpd" | awk ' { print $1 } ' the result is 0.1 However, with this command ps -eo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elmassimo
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk calculation wrong field output

The awk below is close but I can't seem to fix it to produce the desired output. Thank you :). current awk with output awk '{c1++; c2+=($2)} END{for (e in c1) print e, c1, c2}' input EFCAB5 2 50 USH2A 2 19 desired... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with my awk command?

The below code usually works when the value for the COLUMN variable is numerical. but im in a situation where the number of fields in a file is not definitive. it changes. but what is static is that the value i want to retrieve from the log is 3 fields from the last field. which is what i... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)