Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: aix installation on as400
Operating Systems AIX aix installation on as400 Post 302355631 by garethr on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 09:09:07 AM
Old 09-23-2009
I haven't done this, but in a 520 machine I have, there is an SMS setting to determine the boot mode ("A" or "I") so you probably can.

Also, I believe that the iSeries OS "i" can run AIX instances within itself (i.e. like a virtual machine), which may be of interest.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Installation

I am in need some some simple... straight forward instructions for creating file systems on AIX. I have a raid controller and 4 18.2gb Hot Swap SCSI drives. I am sooooo confused about Volume Groups, Physical Volume, and Physical Partition, and Logical Volume and Logical Partitions. In a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
1 Replies

2. AIX

aix installation

hey all I have ibm RS6000 WORKSTATION,iam new to aix i worked on sparc system,but dont know anything abt aix can some one guide me how to install aix 4.3.3 fresh installtion how the partition to be created how to start the installltion and finish it how to add new external hdd. plss osme one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to connect to As400 database

Hi, could you please help me out what are the command line commands to connect to as400. Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
0 Replies

4. AIX

Installation an application on AIX

Hi all I'm newbie In this forum, i have posted some topics about zip and unzip a file on AIX system. And i have some answers so that AIX can not work with zip file, and they tell me some files to zip and unzip my files on AIX such as: zip-2.3-3.aix4.3.ppc.rpm unzip-5.51-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenguyen0101
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Access AS400 from HP (RISC) Unix OS

Hi everyone, I am in the need of some software which will allow me to access IBM AS400 from HP unix operating system. I could download the software from IBM site for windows OS and it is working succesfully. I need to do the same on UNIX OS. Could you please guide me to some site... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkoppula
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux connected to as400

we have a as400 5rev4 and want to use a rhel server to use as a file server. We exported a drive on the rhel box and then mounted it on the as400. We can see the top directory in our mounted as400 directory but when we attempt access subdirectories we get a no matching object error. When we open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javagair
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to transfer files from AIX to AS400/i-series Integrated File System

Hi all, We (AIX) currently mount to a ZFS on the Mainframe. When one of our local users wants to transfer a file to the Mainframe, they must first run binary MVSLOGIN passing user name and password. Our mainframe will be retired soon and business processes will be transferring to an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cruiser
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to argue for Unix vs. AS400/CICS

As a traveling consultant, my road took me to a massive Vegas Gaming operation, that runs it's shop with AS400/CICS. The legacy-4 rooms size- computer is protected more than fort Knox, and the level of trust that I earned is envious to many of the top leaders of the organization, and beyond. Yet... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sad_angle
0 Replies

9. AIX

AIX NIM installation

Could you please let me know, if it is possible to have NIM server running on one volume group and other applications like oracle running on other volume group. Do we need to have a dedicated server for only AIX NIM server?. I am new to AIX and planning to install NIM server on a test server. which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saikiran_1984
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

AS400

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I have a problem at work. I am a RPG programmer (AS400) but i have a new project to try something in QSHELL and i'm totally new to this. I have to make a 'list' wich contains all our AS400 directories (+ on this level the size of the directory and how many... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CODIII
0 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-machine-id-commit.service		      SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-commit.service - Commit a transient machine ID to disk SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-commit.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-commit.service is an early boot service responsible for committing transient /etc/machine-id files to a writable disk file system. See machine-id(5) for more information about machine IDs. This service is started after local-fs.target in case /etc/machine-id is a mount point of its own (usually from a memory file system such as "tmpfs") and /etc is writable. The service will invoke systemd-machine-id-setup --commit, which writes the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id file in a race-free manner to ensure that file is always valid and accessible for other processes. See systemd-machine-id-setup(1) for details. The main use case of this service are systems where /etc/machine-id is read-only and initially not initialized. In this case, the system manager will generate a transient machine ID file on a memory file system, and mount it over /etc/machine-id, during the early boot phase. This service is then invoked in a later boot phase, as soon as /etc has been remounted writable and the ID may thus be committed to disk to make it permanent. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-machine-id-setup(1), machine-id(5), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)