Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX To find day out of date in HP-unix Post 302355589 by Rahul chitriv on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 06:45:12 AM
Old 09-23-2009
To find day out of date in HP-unix

Dear Frends,

Could you please help me with the command or option by which I can find
day where the input is date(can be of future or past).

I do have for linux, However it is not working @ hp unix.

Please help.

Regards
Rahul

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script to find whether the first day of the month is a working day

Hi , I am relatively new to unix... Can u pls help me out to find out if the first day of the month is a working day ie from (Monday to Friday)...using Date and If clause in Korn shell.. This is very urgent. Thanks for ur help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the first day of previous month in unix?

How to find the first day of previous month in unix mmddyyyy format? example : today is 07052007 (in mmddyyyy) output sud be 06012007 thanks mohapatra (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohapatra
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find Day of the Week from the given date (Perl)?

How to find the Day of the Week of the given Date using perl? If I have a date in YYY--MM-DD format, how to find the DOW? Based on that, I need to find the following sunday. Pls help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function to find day of any given date.

Hi, Is there any function in Unix by which v can find the exact day of any given date. Like i need to get Wednesday if i give 05 07 2008 (format MM DD YYYY) Thanks, RRVARMA (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RRVARMA
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files for next day of the date entered

i have few files generated everyday with a date stamp. Sometimes it happens that if the files are generated late i.e after 00:00 hrs the date stamp will be of the next day. example: 110123_file1 110123_file2 110123_file3 110124_file4 in the above example file4 is also for the previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the date of previous day in shell script?

Hi Experts, i am using the below code get the date of previous day. #!/usr/bin/ksh datestamp=`date '+%Y%m%d'` yest=$((datestamp -1)) echo $yest When i execute the code i am getting output as: 20130715 What i am trying here is, based on the date passed i am fetching previus day's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: learner24
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the consecutive last 10 week day date using UNIX ksh shell scripting?

Hi, i am writing a ksh shell script to check the last month end date whether it is falling in last 10 week day date, I am not sure How to use "Mr. Perderabo's date calculator", Could you Please let me know how to use to get my requirement, I tried my own script but duplicate week day and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace date in file every day with current date

I Have text like XXX_20190908.csv.gz need to replace Only date in this format with current date every day Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamasani1991
1 Replies
DDATE(1)						     Emperor Norton Utilities							  DDATE(1)

NAME
ddate - converts Gregorian dates to Discordian dates SYNOPSIS
ddate [+format] [date] DESCRIPTION
ddate prints the date in Discordian date format. If called with no arguments, ddate will get the current system date, convert this to the Discordian date format and print this on the stan- dard output. Alternatively, a Gregorian date may be specified on the command line, in the form of a numerical day, month and year. If a format string is specified, the Discordian date will be printed in a format specified by the string. This mechanism works similarly to the format string mechanism of date(1), only almost completely differently. The fields are: %A Full name of the day of the week (i.e., Sweetmorn) %a Abbreviated name of the day of the week (i.e., SM) %B Full name of the season (i.e., Chaos) %b Abbreviated name of the season (i.e., Chs) %d Ordinal number of day in season (i.e., 23) %e Cardinal number of day in season (i.e., 23rd) %H Name of current Holyday, if any %N Magic code to prevent rest of format from being printed unless today is a Holyday. %n Newline %t Tab %X Number of days remaining until X-Day. (Not valid if the SubGenius options are not compiled in.) %{ %} Used to enclose the part of the string which is to be replaced with the words "St. Tib's Day" if the current day is St. Tib's Day. %. Try it and see. EXAMPLES
% ddate Sweetmorn, Bureaucracy 42, 3161 YOLD % ddate +'Today is %{%A, the %e of %B%}, %Y. %N%nCelebrate %H' Today is Sweetmorn, the 42nd of Bureaucracy, 3161. % ddate +"It's %{%A, the %e of %B%}, %Y. %N%nCelebrate %H" 26 9 1995 It's Prickle-Prickle, the 50th of Bureaucracy, 3161. Celebrate Bureflux % ddate +"Today's %{%A, the %e of %B%}, %Y. %N%nCelebrate %H" 29 2 1996 Today's St. Tib's Day, 3162. BUGS
ddate(1) will produce undefined behaviour if asked to produce the date for St. Tib's day and its format string does not contain the St. Tib's Day delimiters %{ and %}. NOTE
After `X-Day' passed without incident, the Church of the SubGenius declared that it had got the year upside down - X-Day is actually in 8661 AD rather than 1998 AD. Thus, the True X-Day is Cfn 40, 9827. AUTHOR
Original program by Druel the Chaotic aka Jeremy Johnson (mpython@gnu.ai.mit.edu) Major rewrite by Lee H:. O:. Smith, KYTP, aka Andrew Bulhak (acb@dev.null.org) Five tons of flax. DISTRIBUTION POLICY
Public domain. All rites reversed. SEE ALSO
date(1), http://www.subgenius.com/ Malaclypse the Younger, Principia Discordia, Or How I Found Goddess And What I Did To Her When I Found Her AVAILABILITY
The ddate command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. 59 Bureaucracy 3161 DDATE(1)