Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cat issue
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support cat issue Post 302355579 by chakrapani on Wednesday 23rd of September 2009 06:19:27 AM
Old 09-23-2009
cat $(ls | grep '[0-9].csv' ) will this work ... or you need one command only ? Ignoring anything char ..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Unix cat command

Hi Experts, I am finding the performance of cat command is very wierd, it is taking more time to merge the files into a single file. We have a situation where we would be merging more than 100 files into a single file, but with cat command it is running slow. I tried doing with paste, join... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RcR
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

for i in `cat myname.txt` && for y in `cat yourname.txt`

cat myname.txt John Doe I John Doe II John Doe III ----------------------------------------------------------------------- for i in `cat myname.txt` do echo This is my name: $i >> thi.is.my.name.txt done ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danimad
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple for loop/cat issue

ok.. so problem is: I have a file that reads: cat 123 1 and 2 3 and 4 5 and 6 I was using for loops to run through this information. Code: for i in `cat 123` do echo $i done shouldn't the output come as 1 and 2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foal_11
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in cat command

We have shell script (in ksh) which reads the records from a csv file line by line and does some operation. We have below command to read the file (CSV has the absolute path of files stored on a server something like SER/IMP/TEST/2010/12/123465.1). P_FILES=`cat $P_BATCH_FILE` for i in $P_FILES... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreevatsau
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script with ^M causes display issue with cat or more

I have a script to do a couple simple but repetitive commands on files that are provided to us. One of the things is to get rid of the line feeds. This is the section that is causing problems, i even cut this section into its own file to make sure nothing else was affecting it. #!/usr/bin/bash... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in executing cat (remote ssh)

Hi, I need to ssh remotely to a machine and cat a file assign the value to a variable Script: #!/bin/bash -x value=`cat config.txt` echo "$value" ssh me@xxx.host.com "valu='cat /export/home/test.md5'; echo "$valu"" | tee Execution: $ ./x ++ cat config.txt + value='touch me' +... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: close2jay
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Issue with cat command on a for loop

Good day to all, I'd like to ask for your advice with regards to this. Scenario : I have here a file named TEST.tmp wherein the value inside is below; "ONE|TWO|FIVE|THREE|FOUR|SIX~SEVEN~EIGHT" "NINE" But when I'm trying to use this in a simple command like; for TESTING in $(cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asdfghjkl
4 Replies
CSV(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  CSV(3pm)

NAME
Class::CSV - Class based CSV parser/writer SYNOPSIS
use Class::CSV; my $csv = Class::CSV->parse( filename => 'test.csv', fields => [qw/item qty sub_total/] ); foreach my $line (@{$csv->lines()}) { $line->sub_total('$'. sprintf("%0.2f", $line->sub_total())); print 'Item: '. $line->item(). " ". 'Qty: '. $line->qty(). " ". 'SubTotal: '. $line->sub_total(). " "; } my $cvs_as_string = $csv->string(); $csv->print(); my $csv = Class::CSV->new( fields => [qw/userid username/], line_separator => " "; ); $csv->add_line([2063, 'testuser']); $csv->add_line({ userid => 2064, username => 'testuser2' }); DESCRIPTION
This module can be used to create objects from CSV files, or to create CSV files from objects. Text::CSV_XS is used for parsing and creating CSV file lines, so any limitations in Text::CSV_XS will of course be inherant in this module. EXPORT None by default. METHOD
CONSTRUCTOR parse the parse constructor takes a hash as its paramater, the various options that can be in this hash are detailed below. Required Options o fields - an array ref containing the list of field names to use for each row. there are some reserved words that cannot be used as field names, there is no checking done for this at the moment but it is something to be aware of. the reserved field names are as follows: "string", "set", "get". also field names cannot contain whitespace or any characters that would not be allowed in a method name. Source Options (only one of these is needed) o filename - the path of the CSV file to be opened and parsed. o filehandle - the file handle of the CSV file to be parsed. o objects - an array ref of objects (e.g. Class::DBI objects). for this to work properly the field names provided in fields needs to correspond to the field names of the objects in the array ref. o classdbi_objects - depreciated use objects instead - using classdbi_objects will still work but its advisable to update your code. Optional Options o line_separator - the line seperator to be included at the end of every line. defaulting to " " (unix carriage return). new the new constructor takes a hash as its paramater, the same options detailed in parse apply to new however no Source Options can be used. this constructor creates a blank CSV object of which lines can be added via add_line. ACCESSING lines returns an array ref containing objects of each CSV line (made via Class::Accessor). the field names given upon construction are available as accessors and can be set or get. for more information please see the notes below or the perldoc for Class::Accessor. the lines accessor is also able to be updated/retrieved in the same way as individual lines fields (examples below). Example retrieving the lines: my @lines = @{$csv->lines()}; removing the first line: pop @lines; $csv->lines(@lines); sorting the lines: @lines = sort { $a->userid() <=> $b->userid() } @lines: $csv->lines(@lines); sorting the lines (all-in-one way): $csv->lines([ sort { $a->userid() <=> $b->userid() } @{$csv->lines()} ]); Retrieving a fields value there is two ways to retrieve a fields value (as documented in Class::Accessor). firstly you can call the field name on the object and secondly you can call "get" on the object with the field name as the argument (multiple field names can be specified to retrieve an array of values). examples are below. my $value = $line->test(); OR my $value = $line->get('test'); OR my @values = $line->get(qw/test test2 test3/); Setting a fields value setting a fields value is simmilar to getting a fields value. there are two ways to set a fields value (as documented in Class::Accessor). firstly you can simply call the field name on the object with the value as the argument or secondly you can call "set" on the object with a hash of fields and their values to set (this isn't standard in Class::Accessor, i have overloaded the "set" method to allow this). examples are below. $line->test('123'); OR $line->set( test => '123' ); OR $line->set( test => '123', test2 => '456' ); Retrieving a line as a string to retrieve a line as a string simply call "string" on the object. my $string = $line->string(); new_line returns a new line object, this can be useful for to "splice" a line into lines (see example below). you can pass the values of the line as an ARRAY ref or a HASH ref. Example my $line = $csv->new_line({ userid => 123, domainname => 'splicey.com' }); my @lines = $csv->lines(); splice(@lines, 1, 0, $line); OR splice(@{$csv->lines()}, 1, 0, $csv->new_line({ userid => 123, domainname => 'splicey.com' })); add_line adds a line to the lines stack. this is mainly useful when the new constructor is used but can of course be used with any constructor. it will add a new line to the end of the lines stack. you can pass the values of the line as an ARRAY ref or a HASH ref. examples of how to use this are below. Example $csv->add_line(['house', 100000, 4]); $csv->add_line({ item => 'house', cost => 100000, bedrooms => 4 }); OUTPUT string returns the object as a string (CSV file format). print calls "print" on string (prints the CSV to STDOUT). SEE ALSO
Text::CSV_XS, Class::Accessor AUTHOR
David Radunz, <david@boxen.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004 by David Radunz This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2007-02-08 CSV(3pm)