Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to parse IP range in CIDR format in C Post 302355362 by semash! on Tuesday 22nd of September 2009 11:40:27 AM
Old 09-22-2009
Hello,
Thanks for your time, i've been testing your code and it has a bug, it works perfectly with any address starting with "128.x.x.x" and lower, but, when you try and address greater than 128, you'll always get the same result, for example, if you input "192.168.1.1/24", the program will show you up "128.168.1.0".

Might it be the power functions incremented by three?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Parse a CSV file into a Different Format

Hi I have a CSV file with me in this format Currency, USD, EUR, USD, 1.00, 1.32, EUR, 0.66, 1.00, How do I transpose the file to get to the format below. currency, currency, rate USD, USD, 1.00 USD, EUR, 1.32 EUR, USD, 0.66 EUR, EUR, 1.00 Thanks for your help We are using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdesiks
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a range of data

Hello, I have a file which has a range of date like: 00:00 test 00:01 test2 00:02 test3 00:03 test4 00:04 test5 00:05 test6 Using input (stdin) i would like to parse the data 00:01 to 00:04. The output file should be like this: 00:01 test2 00:02 test3 00:03 test4 00:04 test5 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BufferExploder
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse the file in xml format using awk/nawk

Hi All, I have an xml file with the below format. <a>111</a><b>222</b><c>333<c><d><e>123</e><f>234</f><d><e>456</e><f>789</f> output needed is 111,222,333,123,234 111,222,333,456,789 nawk 'BEGIN{FS="<|>"} {print a,b,c,e,f a="" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse csv format?

Hi, I have a file with 3 fields in csv format: /tmp/foo/,MODIFY,bar/toto "/tmp/foo, bar/","ATTRIB,ISDIR","toto, tata/foobar"I would like to split fields in order to obtain the following: Line1: /tmp/foo/ MODIFY bar/totoLine2: /tmp/foo, bar/ ATTRIB,ISDIR toto, tata/foobarCan't find my way... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify a perl line to parse out and output to another format

Hey there... I am looking for a way to take the below contents ( small excerpt) of this file called PTR.csv ptrrecord,0000002e0cc0.homeoffice.anfcorp.com,,10.11.191.62,,,False,62.191.11.10.in-addr.arpa,,302400,default... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse SQL text and only format first SELECT statement.

Hi Forum. Need your expertise on the following question. I have the following file which I would like to parse, find first block of SELECT statment and concatenate all input fields as 1 field (~ delimited): Old File: SELECT /*+ USE_HASH(CCOMM ICAR IMAP IAS IP IMAS IMPS IAP SPCA) */ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change ip addressing format from CIDR notation to netmask and vice versa?

Hi all, I would appreciate if someone could share how to convert CIDR notation to netmask and vice versa. The value below is just an example. it could be different numbers/ip addresses. Initial Output, let say file1.txt Final Output, let say file2.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: type8code0
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse this file using awk and output in CSV format?

My source file looks like this: Cust-Number = "101" Cust-Name="Joe" Cust-Town="London" Cust-hobby="tennis" Cust-purchase="200" Cust-Number = "102" Cust-Name="Mary" Cust-Town="Newyork" Cust-hobby="reading" Cust-purchase="125" Now I want to parse this file (leaving out hobby) and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balav
10 Replies

9. Programming

How to parse .nessus file to get result in human readable format?

Scripting Language: bash shell script, python I want to parse .nessus file in human readable format. If any one have any ideas please help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk151993
2 Replies
Paranoid::Network::IPv4(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Paranoid::Network::IPv4(3pm)

NAME
Paranoid::Network::IPv4 - IPv4-related functions VERSION
$Id: IPv4.pm,v 0.1 2012/05/29 21:37:44 acorliss Exp $ SYNOPSIS
use Paranoid::Network::IPv4; @net = ipv4NetConvert($netAddr); $rv = ipv4NetIntersect($net1, $net2); or use Paranoid::Network::IPv4 qw(:all); print "Valid IP address " if $netAddr =~ /^@{[ IPV4REGEX ]}$/; @net = ipv4NetConvert($netAddr); $broadcast = $net[IPV4BRDCST]; DESCRIPTION
This module contains a few convenience functions for working with IPv4 addresses. By default only the subroutines themselves are imported. Requesting :all will also import the constants as well. SUBROUTINES
/METHODS ipv4NetConvert @net = ipv4NetConvert($netAddr); This function takes an IPv4 network address in string format and converts it into an array containing the base network address, the broadcast address, and the netmask, in integer format. The network address can have the netmask in either CIDR format or dotted quads. In the case of a single IP address, the array with only have one element, that of the IP in integer format. Passing any argument to this function that is not a string representation of an IP address (including undef values) will cause this function to return an empty array. ipv4NetIntersect $rv = ipv4NetIntersect($net1, $net2); This function tests whether an IP or subnet intersects with another IP or subnet. The return value is essentially boolean, but the true value can vary to indicate which is a subset of the other: -1: destination range encompasses target range 0: both ranges do not intersect at all 1: target range encompasses destination range The function handles the same string formats as ipv4NetConvert, but will allow you to test single IPs in integer format as well. CONSTANTS
These are only imported if explicity requested or with the :all tag. MAXIPV4CIDR Simply put: 32. This is the largest CIDR notation supported in IPv4. IPV4REGEX Regular expression: qr/(?:d{1,3}.){3}d{1,3}/sm You can use this for validating IP addresses as such: $ip =~ m#^@{[ IPV4REGEX ]}$#; or to extract potential IPs from extraneous text: (@ips) = ( $string =~ m#(@{[ IPV4REGEX ]})#gsm); IPV4CIDRRGX Regular expression: qr#(@{[ IPV4REGEX ]})(?:/(d+|@{[ IPV4REGEX ]}))?#sm By default this will extract an IP or CIDR notation network address: ($net, $mask) = ( $ip =~ m#^@{[ IPV4CIDRRGX ]}$# ); In the case of a simple IP address $mask will be undefined. IPV4BASE This is the ordinal index of the base network address as returned by ipv4NetConvert. IPV4BRDCST This is the ordinal index of the broadcast address as returned by ipv4NetConvert. IPV4MASK This is the ordinal index of the network mask as returned by ipv4NetConvert. DEPENDENCIES
o Paranoid o Paranoid::Network::Socket BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
AUTHOR
Arthur Corliss (corliss@digitalmages.com) LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
This software is licensed under the same terms as Perl, itself. Please see http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. (c) 2012, Arthur Corliss (corliss@digitalmages.com) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-29 Paranoid::Network::IPv4(3pm)