Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux kernel
Operating Systems Linux Linux kernel Post 302355251 by venkatgopu on Tuesday 22nd of September 2009 07:05:05 AM
Old 09-22-2009
Java Linux kernel

Hi All !

Is linux kernel preemptive or non-preemptive?

My understanding is preemptive kernel. is it correct?

Thanks & Regards
Venkat Gopu

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Kernel 0.0.0.1

I'm looking to download the oldest version of the linux kernel that I can, just to look at it. Does anyone know where I can get it (or a slightyly later version) from? Any help on this quest would be great, thanks. Paul (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new linux on old kernel

is it possible to run REDHAT 7 (asplinux 7.2) on kernel 1.XXXX ? wil be FIRST_NEED programs work ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MR.Z
0 Replies

3. Linux

Linux kernel 2.6.20?

Dear All Can you please let me know what is the Linux distribution name for kernel 2.6.20? Thank you in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
4 Replies
PARTX(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  PARTX(8)

NAME
partx - telling the kernel about presence and numbering of on-disk partitions. SYNOPSIS
partx [-a|-d|-l] [--type TYPE] [--nr M-N] [partition] disk DESCRIPTION
Given a block device ( disk ) and a partition table type , try to parse the partition table, and list the contents. Optionally add or remove partitions. This is not an fdisk - adding and removing partitions is not a change of the disk, but just telling the kernel about presence and numbering of on-disk partitions. OPTIONS
-a add specified partitions or read disk and add all partitions -d delete specified or all partitions -l list partitions. Note that the all numbers are in 512-byte sectors. --type TYPE Specify the partition type -- dos, bsd, solaris, unixware or gpt. --nr M-N Specify the range of partitions (e.g --nr 2-4). SEE ALSO
addpart(8), delpart(8), fdisk(8), parted(8), partprobe(8) AVAILABILITY
The partx command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. 11 Jan 2007 PARTX(8)