Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: extremly huge shmmax value
Operating Systems Linux SuSE extremly huge shmmax value Post 302354983 by sap4ever on Monday 21st of September 2009 06:27:41 AM
Old 09-21-2009
extremly huge shmmax value

Hello all!

On this SLES 10 box I found (what I think) an abnormal huge shmmax value.

hostname:~ # cat /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
hostname:~ #

Perhaps there is a malconfigured startup script on the machine somwhere? But where/how do I find/set the default value of shmmax in SLES 10?

//sap4ever

Last edited by sap4ever; 09-21-2009 at 08:29 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

OSX uploads to 2000 server extremly slow

We have just added 5 macs to what used to be an all Windows shop. Everything works great except the macs upload to a windows 200 file server extremly slow. Are there any suggestions to make the upload faster? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbeard6142
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SHMMAX (semaphores)

How can I change the semaphore values? Without say writing a C program that calls the method. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
5 Replies

3. Solaris

compare huge file

Hi, I have files with records of 40,00,000& 39,00,000 and i want to find out the content 1.which is existing in file1 and not in file2. 2.Which is exisitng in file2 and not in file1. The format of the file will be like 404ABCDEFGHIJK|CDEFGHIJK|1234567890|1 If its a smaller one i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salaathi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting huge file

Hi All I am sorting a huge file -rw-r--r-- 1 rama users 448156978 May 13 18:48 102384.temp $ sort -k 1,40n 102384.temp > 102384.temp1 msgcnt 1468 vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/vg00/var file system full (1 block extent) sort: A write error occurred while sorting. I thought... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Huge PI in vmstat

This is something nowbody around me can explain: vmstat (-S 5) shows a huge number of PI but when I try to monitor it in parallel with iostat - there is no IO activity to be seen that would correspond to this. I have 16G RAM and 32G swap file. I'll really appreciate if somebody can explain it.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkvent
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help on SHMMAX

Hi. Allocated is showing in hexadecimal which comes to 1 GB But the usage is showing more (14 GB). Can you please explain why? Normally, usage should be less than allocated $ /usr/sbin/kmtune -q shmmax Parameter Current... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: somesh_p
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

kernel-huge

Hi All, I have a uname -a Linux caws101arop 2.6.9-67.0.20.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jun 18 12:35:02 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux And I'm having lots of problem especially when the web server got new two additional website. Before the memory was just 12G but we upgraded it to 65G. Do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get first column from a huge string ..!!

Guys Look at the following string....!! /global/site/vendor/Vignette7/Content/7_5/java5/jre/bin/java -classpath /global/site/vendor/Vignette7/Content/7_5/lib/vgnconfiglauncher.jar -Dcom.vignette.jvmid=V7CDS1CA1 -DVgnStartupClass=com.vignette.config.agent.Agent... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Huge File Comparison

Hi i need to compare two fixed length files and produce the differences if any to a seperate file. I have to capture each and every differneces line by line. Ideally my files should not have any differences but if there are any then it should be captured without any miss. Also my files sizes are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveenn08
4 Replies
PUSH(8)                                                     BSD System Manager's Manual                                                    PUSH(8)

NAME
push -- fetch mail via POP SYNOPSIS
push [-5 | --krb5] [-v | --verbose] [-f | --fork] [-l | --leave] [--from] [-c | --count] [--headers=headers] [-p port-spec | --port=port-spec] po-box filename DESCRIPTION
push retrieves mail from the post office box po-box, and stores the mail in mbox format in filename. The po-box can have any of the follow- ing formats: 'hostname:username' 'po:hostname:username' 'username@hostname' 'po:username@hostname' 'hostname' 'po:username' If no username is specified, push assumes that it's the same as on the local machine; hostname defaults to the value of the MAILHOST environ- ment variable. Supported options: -5, --krb5 use Kerberos 5 (if compiled with support for Kerberos 5) -f, --fork fork before starting to delete messages -l, --leave don't delete fetched mail --from behave like from. -c, --count first print how many messages and bytes there are. --headers=headers a list of comma-separated headers that should get printed. -p port-spec, --port=port-spec use this port instead of the default 'kpop' or '1109'. The default is to first try Kerberos 5 authentication and then, if that fails, Kerberos 4. ENVIRONMENT
MAILHOST points to the post office, if no other hostname is specified. EXAMPLES
$ push cornfield:roosta ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box tries to fetch mail for the user roosta from the post office at ``cornfield'', and stores the mail in ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box (you are using Gnus, aren't you?) $ push --from -5 havregryn tries to fetch From: lines for current user at post office ``havregryn'' using Kerberos 5. SEE ALSO
from(1), pfrom(1), movemail(8), popper(8) HISTORY
push was written while waiting for movemail to finish getting the mail. HEIMDAL May 31, 1998 HEIMDAL