Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers some help with the sed command please Post 302354955 by OneDreamCloser on Monday 21st of September 2009 04:46:25 AM
Old 09-21-2009
thanx, i was careless enough Smilie

i would like to ask you if you know how can i make the following message :
mkdir: <folder_name>: File exists
not to be displayed, when i run the script ?
( i conditionally create some folders when necessary, but it wuld be nice if i get rid of this message, is that possible ? )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with sed command to replace line with sed command in it

Okay, title is kind of confusion, but basically, I have a lot of scripts on a server that I need to replace a ps command, however, the new ps command I'm trying to replace the current one with pipes to sed at one point. So now I am attempting to create another script that replaces that line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Sed command to perl command

Hello, Can any perl experts help me convert my sed string to perl. I am unsuccessful with this. I have to remove this string from html files OAS_AD('Top'); I have come up with this. However the requirement is in perl. for find in $(find . -type f -name "file1.html") ; do cat $find |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abacus
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed insert command and variable expansion/command substitution

I know this script is crummy, but I was just messing around.. how do I get sed's insert command to allow variable expansion to show the filename? #!/bin/bash filename=`echo $0` /usr/bin/sed '/#include/ { i\ the filename is `$filename` }' $1 exit 0 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed command

Hi..... I'm using sed command for replace the words in a file cat >test.txt My test.txt contains Mary had a little ham Mary fried a lot of spam Jack ate a Spam sandwich Jill had a lamb spamwich Marry had a spicy wich $ sed 's/wich$/mirchi/g' test.txt output is: Mary had a little ham... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksrivani
24 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed returns error "sed: -e expression #1, char 18: unterminated `s' command"

Hello All, I have something like below LDC100/rel/prod/libinactrl.a LAA2000/rel/prod/libinactrl.a I want to remove till first forward slash that is outputshould be as below rel/prod/libinactrl.a rel/prod/libinactrl.a How can I do that ??? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Command

Hello, I'm working with this command which I'm having trouble understanding it: sed -e '1,$ s/SUB/N/g' < $1 > file.txt Where SUB stand for an special character with code in ASCII is 0x1A, notepad read it as a right arrow. Any help will be appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: emilioveras
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output of sed command to another sed command

Hi All, I'm relatively new to Unix scripting and am trying to get my head around piping. I'm trying to take a header record from one file and prepend it to another file. I've done this by creating several temp files but i'm wondering if there is a cleaner way to do this. I'm thinking... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigCroyd
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with sed command

Dear All, I want to replace a value corresponding to particular variable in file using sed. example xValue 10.0; I want to change its value to 19.1434 say. xValue 19.1434; How can I do that? Thanks & Regards, linuxUser_ (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
9 Replies
AIMK(1PVM)							  PVM Version 3.4							AIMK(1PVM)

NAME
aimk - Portable make wrapper script SYNOPSIS
aimk [ -here ] [ make arguments ] DESCRIPTION
aimk is a wrapper program for make, used to portably select options to build PVM and PVM applications on various machines. Each port of PVM is assigned an architecture name. The name is used both during compilation (to conditionally switch in code) and at runtime (to select an executable or host). aimk uses the value of environment variable $PVM_ARCH if it is set, otherwise it calls $PVM_ROOT/pvmgetarch to determine the architecture name. pvmgetarch is a script that sniffs at various parts of the system to determine the correct architecture name. It is updated as new PVM ports are defined, and can be augmented locally. aimk determines the machine architecture and execs make, passing it the architecture and a configuration file along with arguments supplied to aimk. It runs make in a subdirectory to prevent executables from becoming intermixed and to permit overlapping compiles. A different makefile can be placed in each subdirectory or a single makefile, Makefile.aimk, can be shared between architectures. Per-architecture definitions from the $PVM_ROOT/conf directory are appended to the common makefile. aimk calls make is called in one of three ways, depend- ing on what makefiles are present: i. If $PVM_ARCH/Makefile or $PVM_ARCH/makefile exists, change directory to $PVM_ARCH and exec make there: (cd $PVM_ARCH ; make PVM_ARCH=$PVM_ARCH < aimk args >) ii. Else if Makefile.aimk exists, create $PVM_ARCH directory if it doesn't exist, then: (cd $PVM_ARCH ; make -f $PVM_ROOT/conf/$PVM_ARCH.def -f ../Makefile.aimk PVM_ARCH=$PVM_ARCH < aimk args >) iii. Else just exec make in current directory: make PVM_ARCH=$PVM_ARCH < aimk args > If aimk succeeds in calling make, the exit status is that of make, otherwise it is 1. FLAGS
-here Forces aimk to run make in the current directory, e.g. converts case i. to case iii. EXAMPLES
The following Makefile.aimk file builds and installs hello, creating the PVM binary directory if it doesn't exist. It can be run concur- rently on machines of different types, sharing the same source directory. LDIR = -L$(PVM_ROOT)/lib/$(PVM_ARCH) PVMLIB = -lpvm3 SDIR = .. BDIR = $(HOME)/pvm3/bin XDIR = $(BDIR)/$(PVM_ARCH) CFLAGS = -g -I$(PVM_ROOT)/include LIBS = $(LDIR) $(PVMLIB) $(ARCHLIB) $(XDIR): - mkdir $(BDIR) $(XDIR) hello: $(SDIR)/hello.c $(XDIR) $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o $@ $(SDIR)/$@.c $(LIBS) mv $@ $(XDIR) ENVIRONMENT
$PVM_ROOT Root path of PVM installation. $PVM_ARCH PVM architecture name for machine. FILES
$PVM_ROOT/lib/aimk The aimk program $PVM_ROOT/conf/$PVM_ARCH.def Arch config file SEE ALSO
pvm_intro(1PVM) 02 May, 1994 AIMK(1PVM)