Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Veritas Storage Foundation basic and Core cluster solaris 10 release 7 install Post 302354908 by tristezo2k on Sunday 20th of September 2009 11:18:18 PM
Old 09-21-2009
Quote:
or fails silent and miserably Smilie

Just have a beer on me if you step this nasty thing.
Symantec should do better while handling errors SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie
OMFG!!!!!
Verifying the install systems fully qualified hostnames.

Querying fully qualified domain name of host "crasher" ........................................... fail

Press [Return] to continue:
Unable to find Fully Qualifed Host Name for crasher!

It installed but fails again with no clear reason..

---------- Post updated at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:02 AM ----------

ok, and to run vxdiskadm it needs the package
root@crasher /]#pkginfo -d /mnt/Solaris_10/Product SUNWtoo
system SUNWtoo Programming Tools
Who knows what kind of zombie named too a set of programming tools that contains an octal dump called "od" needed by vxdiskadm

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba crashes on Solaris with Veritas Cluster

We recently transferred our Samba server to a cluster of two Sun systems running Solaris 9 with Veritas Cluster Server. We used Samba 3.0.7. Since then Samba seems to crash every 2 to 3 days, always around noon. The symptoms are that at first people who are connected lose the ability to access... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhfrommn
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Veritas Storage Foundation

Hi. I've been working with UNIX/Linux for several years, but never in a VSF environment where I actually got to use any of it. I downloaded the basic package for free (Don't worry, Symantec now allows for this for limited use) and intend to try this out on Linux and Solaris (also not my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark54g
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Does Veritas Cluster work with IPMP on Solaris 10?

Does Veritas Cluster work with IPMP on Solaris 10? If anyone has set it up do you have a doc or tips? I have heard several different statements ranging from , not working at all to Yes it works! Great How? * Test and Base IPs???? * configure the MultiNICB agent ? I can give details... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dfezz1
1 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Veritas Cluster for Solaris x86?

Hi, Anybody know where I can download Veritas Cluster 5.0 for Solaris x86? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

VERITAS Storage Foundation 5.0

HI friends, i'm planning tot study VERITAS Storage Foundation 5.0 .but i didn't get the study meterial (pdf or URL link). Any one can help me to get the PDF . Rgds, Jay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjay.com
4 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

VERITAS Storage Foundation

Hi I have some practical experience with VERITAS Volume Manager and File System. Now I want to appear for VERITAS Storage Foundation 5.0 certification. From my previous experience with Solaris certification I can say that some kind of preparation with sample/practice questions would be highly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Perl problem while installing Veritas Storage Foundation

Hi Guys, I am getting some Perl problems during my Veritas Storage Foundation installation on Solaris 10, 64 Bit. The Solaris is running in a Virtual Machine on a MAC: bash-3.00# ./installer Can't load 'perl/lib/5.10.0/i86pc-solaris-thread-multi-64int/auto/threads/threads.so' for module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Korko
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)