Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with debug the script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with debug the script Post 302354616 by binlib on Friday 18th of September 2009 09:33:02 PM
Old 09-18-2009
Change
Code:
egrep $1 `find | grep MAGT` >/tmp/resRA-$$

to
Code:
find . -name '*MAGT*' |xargs egrep "$1" >/tmp/resRA-$$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debug an Awk Script

I would like to extract the following fields from the text file attached. I copied the contents from a pdf file and pasted them into the text file so I can use awk to extract them. The layout is as listed below. name1,name2,name3,name4,Title,designation,nationality,dob, national ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mboro
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to debug the awk script

Hi, How can I debug an awk script? I know that set -x can be used to debug a script. But this will not suite for awk scripts. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance, Chella (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chella
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

debug this script

echo "input time in hhmmss" read $st h=`echo $st | cut -c1-2` min=`echo $st | cut -c3-4` s=`echo $st | cut -c5-6` echo "input time in hhmmss" read $end h1=`echo $end | cut -c1-2` min1=`echo $end | cut -c3-4` s1=`echo $end | cut -c5-6` x= `expr $h /* 60 + $min` y= `expr $h1 /* 60 +... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can debug our UNIX shell script?

Hi all, i have two simple questions here... 1. i want to know that how to debug the UNIX shell script? 2. is there any way to handling the exception in UNIX shell script like oracle exception handling? Please provide me those details it would be great help/ Thanks and Regards, MPS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition error-please debug my script

Hi All, I have a script which is based on calculating current time The script looks like this: whenever i try to run the script it gives me error:Please advice wherther i have made mistake with if condition or with for loop?? The code : set -x #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with the script, help me debug

Hi, When i run the script ./script.sh sun, this give me no output, it should give me the list of file. If i run the script without the argument it should send me echo inside usage(). What is the problem? please help -Adsi #!/bin/sh ROOT_PATH=/net/icebox/vol/local_images/spins... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant debug shell script

Hi I am relatively new in shell scripting Below is the code which i developed but for some reason, it keeps giving me error: /apps/bss/BatchProg/at1/batch/scripts/ksh/TBATLC02.ksh: syntax error at line 41 : `then' unmatched #!/usr/bin/ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scripting_newbe
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debug script already running

Hello, is it possible to debug a script that is already running "on-demand"? Somehow a command like "set -x" but once you've executed the script. And another one to disable debugging? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debug perl script

Hi, I am trying to get squid up and running using a redirector process, and every time I try to load a web page, squid fails miserably. Can some one with perl and squid knowledge take a look at these codes and tell if something is wrong here. #!/usr/bin/perl # $| = 1; @endings = qw/... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Debug script

How can I debug this script? I want to know what it is doing or not doing? #!/bin/bash # # if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending." > /tmp/systemd_suspend_test.txt elif ; then # Do the thing you want after resume here echo "and we are... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
21 Replies
GIT-SH-SETUP(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-SH-SETUP(1)

NAME
git-sh-setup - Common git shell script setup code SYNOPSIS
. "$(git --exec-path)/git-sh-setup" DESCRIPTION
This is not a command the end user would want to run. Ever. This documentation is meant for people who are studying the Porcelain-ish scripts and/or are writing new ones. The git sh-setup scriptlet is designed to be sourced (using .) by other shell scripts to set up some variables pointing at the normal git directories and a few helper shell functions. Before sourcing it, your script should set up a few variables; USAGE (and LONG_USAGE, if any) is used to define message given by usage() shell function. SUBDIRECTORY_OK can be set if the script can run from a subdirectory of the working tree (some commands do not). The scriptlet sets GIT_DIR and GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY shell variables, but does not export them to the environment. FUNCTIONS
die exit after emitting the supplied error message to the standard error stream. usage die with the usage message. set_reflog_action set the message that will be recorded to describe the end-user action in the reflog, when the script updates a ref. git_editor runs an editor of user's choice (GIT_EDITOR, core.editor, VISUAL or EDITOR) on a given file, but error out if no editor is specified and the terminal is dumb. is_bare_repository outputs true or false to the standard output stream to indicate if the repository is a bare repository (i.e. without an associated working tree). cd_to_toplevel runs chdir to the toplevel of the working tree. require_work_tree checks if the current directory is within the working tree of the repository, and otherwise dies. require_work_tree_exists checks if the working tree associated with the repository exists, and otherwise dies. Often done before calling cd_to_toplevel, which is impossible to do if there is no working tree. require_clean_work_tree <action> [<hint>] checks that the working tree and index associated with the repository have no uncommitted changes to tracked files. Otherwise it emits an error message of the form Cannot <action>: <reason>. <hint>, and dies. Example: require_clean_work_tree rebase "Please commit or stash them." get_author_ident_from_commit outputs code for use with eval to set the GIT_AUTHOR_NAME, GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL and GIT_AUTHOR_DATE variables for a given commit. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-SH-SETUP(1)