Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rsync assistance
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users rsync assistance Post 302354557 by SteveMosher on Friday 18th of September 2009 02:25:26 PM
Old 09-18-2009
Maybe I asked the wrong questions?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

regexp assistance

i have a list of text a b c d e My desired output is 'a','b','c','d','e' any advise? My file was actually in excel format, i copied out the column into notepad. I am not sure if the \n exists in between. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Assistance

I have two questions I am struggling with... How do the programs p1, p2, and p3 need to handle their standard files so they can work like this: p1 | p2 | p3 ? What exactly is this command supposed to do? $ kill -QUIT %1 & This command below? $ sort -o emp.lst emp lst & Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yahoo14
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assistance needed.

the command "nawk" returns the error command cannot be found in my unix system. Is there a specific library i need to have to use this command? I tried, the whereis command and it returns nothing. if there is nothing to do, what command can i use to replace this nawk command? Appreciate some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 12yearold
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need an assistance

I have a school project to create a shell program same as calendar i must create a txt file with celebrations with vi i know this but the problem is i don't know awk and grep. The object of object is to create a program who read a date an appear the celebration. Can you help me please !!!... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mytilini boy
1 Replies

5. Solaris

hardware assistance

Hoping someone can help clarify what I need. At present I have a Sun Ultra 2 with two ultrawide scsi cards and 2-12 drive multipacks (one multipack to one card, the other multipack to the other card), 2 Sun Ultra 10's, and a Sun E4500 with a differential scsi card connected to a half filled... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulbryant
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance with sed

Hi All, I need your assistance, I would like to replace all lines beginning with the word "begin" with the below text: Device | IPMB0-A | IPMB0-B Board Address |Sent SentErr %Errr |Sent SentErr ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dendany83
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need assistance on using ldapsearch

Never knew of this command ldapsearch, but I would like to use it to lookup a single user and return where their office is. Is this possible? I'm totally starting from scratch. I already saw some of the gurus say read the man page, which is pretty greek when you don't know the details of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srhadden
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance to use ls and GREP

Hi We have several folders and subfolders in a heirarchy, representing clients and files we send to them. Files that are not processed are placed in reject folder. I am able to run a LS that will scan all these folders, and ones that show entries (rejected files) are seen here. I am looking for... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdc01
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance with looping

Hi, I have a find command that searches for all the .properties under current directory and its subdirectories. find . -name "*.properties" I would like to pass the output of the above find command to my "operation.sh script as the second parameter. for eg: ./operation.sh 775 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
AUTO.MASTER(5)							File Formats Manual						    AUTO.MASTER(5)

NAME
/etc/auto.master - Master Map for automounter DESCRIPTION
The auto.master map is consulted when the autofs(8) script is invoked to set up the necessary mount points for the automounter. Each line in this file describes a mount point and points to another file describing the file systems to be mounted under this mountpoint. The access to those maps is governed by a key. Access to an automounted file system is customarily done using the path scheme: /mountpoint/key/path/file, where the mountpoint will be listed in the auto.master configuration file. The key is matched in the map file pointed to by the master map (See autofs(5)). The path and the file are referring to the file on the file system mounted. FORMAT
The file has three fields separated by an arbitrary number of blanks or tabs. Lines beginning with # are comments. The first field is the mount point. Second field is the map file to be consulted for this mount-point. This field is of the form maptype:mapname, where maptype is one of the supported map types (file, program, yp, nisplus, hesiod, userdir, ldap), and mapname is the name of the map. The third field is optional and can contain options to+ be applied to all entries in the map. Options are cumulative, which is a difference from the behav- ior of the SunOS automounter. The format of the map file and the options are described in autofs(5). EXAMPLE
/home /etc/auto.home /misc /etc/auto.misc /mnt yp:mnt.map This will generate three mountpoints /home, /misc, and /mnt. All accesses to /home will lead to the consultation of the map in /etc/auto.home, all accesses to /misc will consult the map in /etc/auto.misc, and all accesses to /mnt will consult the NIS map mnt.map. SEE ALSO
automount(8), autofs(5), autofs(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christoph Lameter <chris@waterf.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Edited by <hpa@transmeta.com>. 19 Jun 2000 AUTO.MASTER(5)