Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find 5 lines and replace with 18 line in sql file where it contains multiple blocks. Post 302354552 by Zaheer.mic on Friday 18th of September 2009 01:54:04 PM
Old 09-18-2009
Hi I tried with the above code but its not working.

I will explain you once again

In my xyz_abc.sql file there are multiple blocks.
Just imagine there are 25 blocks in xyz_abc.sql file in that block I need to find the following block.

Code:
rem Subset Rows (&&tempName.*)
CREATE   VIEW &&tempName.* AS
SELECT   *
FROM     &&tempName.*
WHERE    EGTESTCD is not null

Once this get done in xyz_abc.sql. I need to replace with the following block

Code:
rem Subset Rows (&&tempName.*)
CREATE   VIEW &&tempName.* AS
SELECT   STUDYID STUDYID, DOMAIN DOMAIN, USUBJID USUBJID, ggg(y) EGSEQ,
                  EGGRPID EGGRPID, EGREFID EGREFID, EGSPID EGSPID, EGTESTCD
                  EGTESTCD, EGTEST EGTEST, EGCAT EGCAT, EGSCAT EGSCAT, EGPOS
                  EGPOS, EGORRES EGORRES, EGORRESU EGORRESU, EGNRIND EGNRIND,
                  EGSTRESC EGSTRESC, EGSTRESN EGSTRESN, EGSTRESU EGSTRESU,
                  EGSTAT EGSTAT, EGREASND EGREASND, EGXFN EGXFN, EGNAM EGNAM,
                  EGLOINC EGLOINC, EGMETHOD EGMETHOD, EGBLFL EGBLFL, EGDRVFL
                  EGDRVFL, EGEVAL EGEVAL, VISIT VISIT, VISITNUM VISITNUM,
                  VISITDY VISITDY, EGDTC EGDTC, EGDY EGDY, EGTPTNUM EGTPTNUM,
                  EGTPT EGTPT, EGELTM EGELTM, EGTPTREF EGTPTREF, X1 X1, X2 X2,
                  X3 X3, X4 X4, X5 X5, X6 X6, X7 X7, X8 X8, X9 X9, X10 X10, X11
                  X11, X12 X12, X13 X13, X14 X14, X15 X15, X16 X16, X17 X17, X18
                  X18, X19 X19, X20 X20, X21 X21, X22 X22, X23 X23, X24 X24, X25
                  X25, X26 X26, X27 X27, X28 X28, X29 X29, X30 X30
FROM     &&tempName.*
WHERE    EGTESTCD is not null

Please suggest some code.Keep waiting for your reply.

Last edited by vgersh99; 09-18-2009 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: code tags, PLEASE!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace multiple lines in file

Hello I am a beginner in shell script. I was trying to find a way to replace multiple lines of a file with different set of multiple line. sed -n '/begin/,/end/p' < sample1.txt >test.txt UNEDITED=`cat test.txt` vi test.txt EDITED=`cat test.txt`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed find and replace multiple lines

I am new to linux and would like to modify the contents of a file preferably using a one line. The situation is as follows <start> some lines "I am the string" "replace string" more lines here <end> In the above example,On encountering "I am the string", the "replace string "should be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supersimha
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single/Multiple Line with Special characters - Find & Replace in Unix Script

Hi, I am creating a script to do a find and replace single/multiple lines in a file with any number of lines. I have written a logic in a script that reads a reference file say "findrep" and populates two variables $FIND and $REPLACE print $FIND gives Hi How r $u Rahul() Note:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_sarnayak
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace multiple lines

I have a section of text in file A, see below # falkdjf lkjadf lkjadf lkajdf lkajdf lkajdf lkjadf lkjadf 234.234.2.234 lkjlkjlk 234.234.3.234 # Only the first line with "# falkdjf lkjadf lkjadf" is unique in the file. The new section that I want to overwrite the old section above is in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyang72211
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed multiple multi line blocks of text containing pattern

Hi, I have a log file which has sessionids in it, each block in the log starts with a date entry, a block may be a single line or multiple lines. I need to sed (or awk) out the lines/blocks with that start with a date and include the session id. The files are large at several Gb. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyatit
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to find common lines and replace next line

I want to find common line in two files and replace the next line of first file with the next line of second file. (sed,awk,perl,bash any solution is welcomed ) Case Ignored. Multiple Occurrence of same line. File 1: hgacdavd sndm,ACNMSDC msgid "Rome" msgstr "" kgcksdcgfkdsb... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madira
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script using awk to find and replace a line, how to ignore comment lines

Hello, I have some code that works more or less. This is called by a make file to adjust some hard-coded definitions in the src code. The script generated some values by looking at some of the src files and then writes those values to specific locations in other files. The awk code is used to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies
sorbdb.f(3)							      LAPACK							       sorbdb.f(3)

NAME
sorbdb.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine sorbdb (TRANS, SIGNS, M, P, Q, X11, LDX11, X12, LDX12, X21, LDX21, X22, LDX22, THETA, PHI, TAUP1, TAUP2, TAUQ1, TAUQ2, WORK, LWORK, INFO) SORBDB Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine sorbdb (characterTRANS, characterSIGNS, integerM, integerP, integerQ, real, dimension( ldx11, * )X11, integerLDX11, real, dimension( ldx12, * )X12, integerLDX12, real, dimension( ldx21, * )X21, integerLDX21, real, dimension( ldx22, * )X22, integerLDX22, real, dimension( * )THETA, real, dimension( * )PHI, real, dimension( * )TAUP1, real, dimension( * )TAUP2, real, dimension( * )TAUQ1, real, dimension( * )TAUQ2, real, dimension( * )WORK, integerLWORK, integerINFO) SORBDB Purpose: SORBDB simultaneously bidiagonalizes the blocks of an M-by-M partitioned orthogonal matrix X: [ B11 | B12 0 0 ] [ X11 | X12 ] [ P1 | ] [ 0 | 0 -I 0 ] [ Q1 | ]**T X = [-----------] = [---------] [----------------] [---------] . [ X21 | X22 ] [ | P2 ] [ B21 | B22 0 0 ] [ | Q2 ] [ 0 | 0 0 I ] X11 is P-by-Q. Q must be no larger than P, M-P, or M-Q. (If this is not the case, then X must be transposed and/or permuted. This can be done in constant time using the TRANS and SIGNS options. See SORCSD for details.) The orthogonal matrices P1, P2, Q1, and Q2 are P-by-P, (M-P)-by- (M-P), Q-by-Q, and (M-Q)-by-(M-Q), respectively. They are represented implicitly by Householder vectors. B11, B12, B21, and B22 are Q-by-Q bidiagonal matrices represented implicitly by angles THETA, PHI. Parameters: TRANS TRANS is CHARACTER = 'T': X, U1, U2, V1T, and V2T are stored in row-major order; otherwise: X, U1, U2, V1T, and V2T are stored in column- major order. SIGNS SIGNS is CHARACTER = 'O': The lower-left block is made nonpositive (the "other" convention); otherwise: The upper-right block is made nonpositive (the "default" convention). M M is INTEGER The number of rows and columns in X. P P is INTEGER The number of rows in X11 and X12. 0 <= P <= M. Q Q is INTEGER The number of columns in X11 and X21. 0 <= Q <= MIN(P,M-P,M-Q). X11 X11 is REAL array, dimension (LDX11,Q) On entry, the top-left block of the orthogonal matrix to be reduced. On exit, the form depends on TRANS: If TRANS = 'N', then the columns of tril(X11) specify reflectors for P1, the rows of triu(X11,1) specify reflectors for Q1; else TRANS = 'T', and the rows of triu(X11) specify reflectors for P1, the columns of tril(X11,-1) specify reflectors for Q1. LDX11 LDX11 is INTEGER The leading dimension of X11. If TRANS = 'N', then LDX11 >= P; else LDX11 >= Q. X12 X12 is REAL array, dimension (LDX12,M-Q) On entry, the top-right block of the orthogonal matrix to be reduced. On exit, the form depends on TRANS: If TRANS = 'N', then the rows of triu(X12) specify the first P reflectors for Q2; else TRANS = 'T', and the columns of tril(X12) specify the first P reflectors for Q2. LDX12 LDX12 is INTEGER The leading dimension of X12. If TRANS = 'N', then LDX12 >= P; else LDX11 >= M-Q. X21 X21 is REAL array, dimension (LDX21,Q) On entry, the bottom-left block of the orthogonal matrix to be reduced. On exit, the form depends on TRANS: If TRANS = 'N', then the columns of tril(X21) specify reflectors for P2; else TRANS = 'T', and the rows of triu(X21) specify reflectors for P2. LDX21 LDX21 is INTEGER The leading dimension of X21. If TRANS = 'N', then LDX21 >= M-P; else LDX21 >= Q. X22 X22 is REAL array, dimension (LDX22,M-Q) On entry, the bottom-right block of the orthogonal matrix to be reduced. On exit, the form depends on TRANS: If TRANS = 'N', then the rows of triu(X22(Q+1:M-P,P+1:M-Q)) specify the last M-P-Q reflectors for Q2, else TRANS = 'T', and the columns of tril(X22(P+1:M-Q,Q+1:M-P)) specify the last M-P-Q reflectors for P2. LDX22 LDX22 is INTEGER The leading dimension of X22. If TRANS = 'N', then LDX22 >= M-P; else LDX22 >= M-Q. THETA THETA is REAL array, dimension (Q) The entries of the bidiagonal blocks B11, B12, B21, B22 can be computed from the angles THETA and PHI. See Further Details. PHI PHI is REAL array, dimension (Q-1) The entries of the bidiagonal blocks B11, B12, B21, B22 can be computed from the angles THETA and PHI. See Further Details. TAUP1 TAUP1 is REAL array, dimension (P) The scalar factors of the elementary reflectors that define P1. TAUP2 TAUP2 is REAL array, dimension (M-P) The scalar factors of the elementary reflectors that define P2. TAUQ1 TAUQ1 is REAL array, dimension (Q) The scalar factors of the elementary reflectors that define Q1. TAUQ2 TAUQ2 is REAL array, dimension (M-Q) The scalar factors of the elementary reflectors that define Q2. WORK WORK is REAL array, dimension (LWORK) LWORK LWORK is INTEGER The dimension of the array WORK. LWORK >= M-Q. If LWORK = -1, then a workspace query is assumed; the routine only calculates the optimal size of the WORK array, returns this value as the first entry of the WORK array, and no error message related to LWORK is issued by XERBLA. INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit. < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Further Details: The bidiagonal blocks B11, B12, B21, and B22 are represented implicitly by angles THETA(1), ..., THETA(Q) and PHI(1), ..., PHI(Q-1). B11 and B21 are upper bidiagonal, while B21 and B22 are lower bidiagonal. Every entry in each bidiagonal band is a product of a sine or cosine of a THETA with a sine or cosine of a PHI. See [1] or SORCSD for details. P1, P2, Q1, and Q2 are represented as products of elementary reflectors. See SORCSD for details on generating P1, P2, Q1, and Q2 using SORGQR and SORGLQ. References: [1] Brian D. Sutton. Computing the complete CS decomposition. Numer. Algorithms, 50(1):33-65, 2009. Definition at line 286 of file sorbdb.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 sorbdb.f(3)