Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting want file to regenerate after deletion Post 302354541 by jp2542a on Friday 18th of September 2009 12:36:43 PM
Old 09-18-2009
In the original post, the problem description stated that a high level directory get's trashed and the chrome file is several levels lower. Hence, this should be an effective and low impact bandage for the symptoms. No extra staff or system resources (i.e. daemons, cpus, memory, etc) other than a few bytes in the backup directory.

The preferred solution would be to eliminate the source of the corruption of the higher level directory. But it may not be the best mission critical solution for the moment.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File deletion when server restarts

Hi, In a shell script I am makin use of 3 files f1,f2 and f3.txt. When the Unix server is restarted I want to delete all these 3 files if they are existing. ( I suppose I will have to use this command rm /thefilepath/f* but dont know in which script to use.) Anyone knows what can be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_oops9
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deletion of File in Unix

Hi there guys. I'm quite new in using unix and just recently experienced missing file problem. Someone accidentally or likely intentionally deleted one specific folders that contains important file. Now my question is, can any other user aside from root can do such action? Please help. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhomel101
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

large file deletion

OS: Solaris 8 I deleted a large file (around 13 Gigs) from my system. But the output of df -k remains the same. The capacity % is constant. However one strange thing is happening- My available space is decreasing, my used space in increasing (The opposite should happen). This is happening... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file deletion problem

I am using unix via telnet ssh and i have a problem I was testing the server. I made a directory. Transfered a file from an ftp to it. Opened the file with the vi text editor --This where my problem came..... I tried deleting the file using rm somefile.htm when is typed ls i noticed that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shdwsclan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prompting for file deletion?

I got help in another forum but now I need further help so I figured I'd ask here. I had to write a script to delete certain filenames of certain size. I got this far.. find . -size 110c -name "*testing*" -print | xargs -n 1 rm -i It finds the correct files, but the prompts to delete are all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

6. Programming

How to watch for file creation/deletion?

How do I write a C program that will watch a directory for file creation/deletion? Maybe it would receive a signal when someone creates a file? thanks, Siegfried (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deletion of lines in a text file

Hi Everyone, Please help me with this. I have gone through many posts here but couldn't find what I wanted. I have a file with 79000+ lines and I want to delete lines in a pattern. I want to delete every 141st line in the file, starting from line 2000 till 50000. Please help guys. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Do I Regenerate the Shadow file

I guess the earlier problem I had with changing user passwords and creating new users is related to the shadow file. Anytime I change something to /etc/passwd or shadow I get locked out. HOW DO I REGENERATE THIS FILE. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Waitstejo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File content deletion

Hi Everyone, There are certain files under a folder 'ABC' and the entries for these files are there in another file(fname) under a different folder 'XYZ'. I want to compare the folder contents(ABC) with the file(fname) contents and delete the mismatching / non-existing ones from the file,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
4 Replies
DSDP(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DSDP(1)

NAME
dsdp5 - semidefinite program solver SYNOPSIS
dsdp5 [options] filename maxcut [options] filename theta filename DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the dsdp5, theta and maxcut commands. dsdp5 -- interface to solve general semi-definite programs maxcut -- solves a SDP relaxation of the maximum cut problem theta -- solves the Lovasz thetha problem OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see /usr/share/doc/dsdp-doc. -help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. -print print information at each k iteration (default 10) -save filename of solution file in SDPA format -fout filename to print standard monitor to a file -y0 filename for initial solution file -benchmark filename to file containing names of SDPA files -directory path to directory containing benchmark SDPA files -suffix suffix to add to each benchmark problem name -dloginfo print more information for higher numbers (default 0) -dlogsummary print timing information (default 1 - enabled) -gaptol gap tolerance parameter, stop when relative duality gap less than this gap (default 1e-6) -r0 if nonnegative, initialize S by adding this multiple of the identity matrix (default -1) -penalty penalize dual infeasibility (default 1e10) -boundy bound for variables y (default 1e7) -maxit set maximum iterates (default 200) -zbar Upper bound for dual solution (default 1e10) -mu0 if positive, set initial barrier parameter (default -1) -rho Potential parameter as multiple of dimension (default 3) -drho Use dynamic rho strategy (default 1) -pnormtol stop only if pnorm less than (default 1e30) -reuse Reuse the Schur Matrix this many times (default 4) -dobjmin apply a known lower bound for the objective at solution as a constraint. -bigM if positive, modify algorithm to make dual infeasibility positive with a large associated cost (default 0) -dloginfo print more information for higher numbers (default 0) -params filename to read selected options from a file SEE ALSO
glpsol(1), The programs are documented fully in the accompanying .pdf and html documentation which can be found in /usr/share/doc/dsdp-doc if the dsdp-doc package is installed. AUTHOR
dsdp was written by Steven J. Benson <benson@mcs.anl.gov> and Yinyu Ye <yinyu-ye@stanford.edu> This manual page was written by Soeren Sonnenburg <sonne@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 1, 2007 DSDP(1)