Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO 5.0.5 & USB flash drive
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SCO 5.0.5 & USB flash drive Post 302354519 by jlodata on Friday 18th of September 2009 11:39:07 AM
Old 09-18-2009
SCO 5.0.5 & USB flash drive

Can someone help me with instructions on how to access a USB flash drive in SCO Unix 5.0.5? I need to copy ASCII text files that have been zipped onto the USB drive for transfer to a Windows computer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

USB flash Drive

Hello all.. I have a Verbatim 2 GB flash drive. I also have Solaris 10 running on my workstation. If I am in the Windows environment, it detects the flash drive. But when I plug it while I am in solaris, nothing happens. How will solaris 10 detect my flash drive? What do I have to do? any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr76413
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB flash drive is not mounting what to do...?

hello forum.. i am using RHEL 4.0 and my system is dual boot.normally the usb flash drive should be auto mount , but in my system i am unable to mount the drive plz help... i am a new user so plz give me in detail. thank u in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoranjan
5 Replies

3. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does HPUX 10.2 or 11.i support any USB flash drive?

Where can I get a driver that support usb flash drives for my unix machines. I need a solution to transfer data easily for techs. I am running C3750 and c8000 HP equipment. Or is there a way to mount them and use them without adding drivers? thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkend12
0 Replies

5. Solaris

removable usb flash drive

# rmformat Looking for devices... 1. Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0p0 Physical Node: /pci@0,0/pci-ide@1f,1/ide@0/sd@0,0 Connected Device: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B E113 Device Type: DVD Reader/Writer 2. Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0p0 Physical Node:... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
26 Replies

6. Ubuntu

USB flash drive/keyfob will not automount

I am working on an Ubuntu Linux 8.10 system that I do not want to reboot. For some reason, USB flash drives (mass storage devices) now no longer automount. I want to restore that functionality without rebooting. I can manually mount and unmount these things by doing: cd /media sudo mkdir thing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
4 Replies

7. Boot Loaders

How to install grub on USB flash drive?

I wanna install grub on my flash drive for rescue usage. My computer installs winxp, and I have fedora12 installed in vmware. I did like this: step1: format the flash drive as FAT in winXP. step2: in fedora12, mount the flash drive on /media/flash step3: excute the command: grub-install... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
10 Replies

8. Solaris

Installing Solaris 10 x86 from USB flash drive

Dear friends, I have the DVD image of solaris 10 but I don't have DVD writer to burn it onto a dvd R. I was wondering if I could install Solaris from my 4gb usb flash drive as my PC supports booting from usb. I have installed Windows 7 this way recently, I have no idea about Solaris. Could you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to increase cylinders on USB Flash Drive

Hello All, I faced a unique issue. I have written a script for transferring backup data on my host machine to a USB Flash drive. The Flash drive must be of 16GB size. So, my script creates two primary partitionon the USB flash drive. I require approx 5900 cylinders for the first partition on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pkumar Sachin
8 Replies

10. SCO

Usb Flash in SCO UNIX 5.0.6

hi How can I use my USB Flash memory in Sco 5.0.6 tanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moein.mojtaba
1 Replies
UBT(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    UBT(4)

NAME
ubt -- USB Bluetooth driver SYNOPSIS
ubt* at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ? DESCRIPTION
The ubt driver provides support for USB Bluetooth dongles to the Bluetooth protocol stack. USB Bluetooth dongles provide two interfaces, both of which the ubt driver claims. The second interface is used for Isochronous data and will have several alternate configurations regarding bandwidth consumption, which can be set using the hw.ubtN.config sysctl(8) variable. The number of alternate configurations is indicated by the value in the hw.ubtN.alt_config variable, and the isoc frame size for the current configuration is shown in the hw.ubtN.sco_rxsize and hw.ubtN.sco_txsize variables. By default, configuration 0 is selected, which means that no bandwidth is used on the Isochronous interface and no SCO data can be sent. Consult the Bluetooth USB specification at https://www.bluetooth.org/ for complete instructions on setting bandwidth consumption. The fol- lowing extract may be useful as a general guidance though details may differ between manufacturers. 0 No active voice channels 1 One voice channel with 8-bit encoding 2 Two voice channels with 8-bit encoding, or one voice channel with 16-bit encoding. 3 Three voice channels with 8-bit encoding 4 Two voice channels with 16-bit encoding 5 Three voice channels with 16-bit encoding SEE ALSO
bluetooth(4), uhub(4), sysctl(8) HISTORY
This ubt device driver was originally a character device written by David Sainty and Lennart Augustsson. It was rewritten to support socket based Bluetooth access for NetBSD 4.0 by Iain Hibbert. CAVEATS
Isochronous data is seemingly not well supported over USB in the current system and to get SCO working, you may have to calculate the SCO packet size that the stack will use. This is the sco_mtu value reported by the btconfig(8) command, and when combined with the SCO header (3 bytes) should fit exactly into an integer number of Isochronous data frames where the frame size is indicated by the 'hw.ubtN.sco_txsize' sysctl variable. For example: I want one voice channel (which is all that is supported, for now) so am using configuration #2, with a frame length of 17 bytes. This gives possible values of: (17 * 1) - 3 = 14 (17 * 2) - 3 = 31 (17 * 3) - 3 = 48 (17 * 4) - 3 = 65 (17 * 5) - 3 = 82 etc. btconfig(8) shows the maximum SCO payload as 64 bytes, so I am using the next smaller size of 48, to minimize the overhead of the 3 header bytes. The SCO packet size can be changed using the 'scomtu' option to btconfig(8). The failure mode is that the USB Bluetooth dongle locks up though generally removal/reinsertion will clear the problem. BUGS
The Isochronous configuration can only be changed when the device is not marked up. BSD
August 27, 2006 BSD