Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create A Simple GUI For Shell Script Post 302354497 by dr.house on Friday 18th of September 2009 10:28:31 AM
Old 09-18-2009

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

can we create a GUI by shall script

Hi All, I am not new to unix but just begin to realizing the power of unix shell programming.. i need to create a shell script that can provide a graphical interface to me to enter information.. and this script i ll run through telnet program remotly.. is this possible ... plz guide me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnray31
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i create a simple progress bar in shell

please help me as i want to create a simple process bar to check the status for any script......... especially in UNIX (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya.ece1985
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script to create folders

Hi I want to write a small script that will create folders named from `AAAA' all the way to `ZZZZ'. That is: `AAAA' `AAAB' `AAAC' ... `AABA' `AABB' `AABC' ... `ABAA' `ABAB' `ABAC' ... `ABBA' ... `ZZZZ' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create GUI or Executable For Script

Hi all. I've got a unix script at work that I just got done with. Now they want me to write some simple way to run it on Windows. Right now we log into a Solaris server using Hummingbird Exceed to gain a terminal. Im thinking that there really isn't any good way to get Windows and the server... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a simple shell script to backup

Hello - I am in process of deleting many files which are older than 4 weeks. For example I am inside: /subsystem/prod/ Files are with various extentions, but anything older than 4 weeks should be deleted. What would be the most simplest script to acheive this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a simple copy script?

Guys I want to do this: copy: /var/router/system1/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system2/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system3/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system4/config/backup/install.put into: /var/router/system1/config/install.dat... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
22 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create simple script

Dear all, I have a directory named A and some subdirectories named B, C, D with .xml files. I want to use the following command to strip the file. sed -re ':start s/<*>//g; /</ {N; b start}' file.xml > file.xml At the same time, I want to remove the blank lines using sed '/^$/d' How can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: corfuitl
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Really simple shell script to create oracle database

Hello , I am new in this forum and need your help as I am totally confused :confused: I read a lot of threads and tried to search a lot but did not get the exact answer to my question. I just want a simple (content wise may be long) shell script to create oracle database. In detail:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahoolm
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a simple web portal/GUI to execute scripts?

Very new to this..... What I would like to do: Create a simple GUI/Web portal with 3 buttons and 1 text field The three buttons need to take the input into the text field and use that as the variable to execute scripts located on a server Problem: How can i get the buttons on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: poops
3 Replies
GIT-GUI(1)							    Git Manual								GIT-GUI(1)

NAME
git-gui - A portable graphical interface to Git SYNOPSIS
git gui [<command>] [arguments] DESCRIPTION
A Tcl/Tk based graphical user interface to Git. git gui focuses on allowing users to make changes to their repository by making new commits, amending existing ones, creating branches, performing local merges, and fetching/pushing to remote repositories. Unlike gitk, git gui focuses on commit generation and single file annotation and does not show project history. It does however supply menu actions to start a gitk session from within git gui. git gui is known to work on all popular UNIX systems, Mac OS X, and Windows (under both Cygwin and MSYS). To the extent possible OS specific user interface guidelines are followed, making git gui a fairly native interface for users. COMMANDS
blame Start a blame viewer on the specified file on the given version (or working directory if not specified). browser Start a tree browser showing all files in the specified commit (or HEAD by default). Files selected through the browser are opened in the blame viewer. citool Start git gui and arrange to make exactly one commit before exiting and returning to the shell. The interface is limited to only commit actions, slightly reducing the application's startup time and simplifying the menubar. version Display the currently running version of git gui. EXAMPLES
git gui blame Makefile Show the contents of the file Makefile in the current working directory, and provide annotations for both the original author of each line, and who moved the line to its current location. The uncommitted file is annotated, and uncommitted changes (if any) are explicitly attributed to Not Yet Committed. git gui blame v0.99.8 Makefile Show the contents of Makefile in revision v0.99.8 and provide annotations for each line. Unlike the above example the file is read from the object database and not the working directory. git gui blame --line=100 Makefile Loads annotations as described above and automatically scrolls the view to center on line 100. git gui citool Make one commit and return to the shell when it is complete. This command returns a non-zero exit code if the window was closed in any way other than by making a commit. git gui citool --amend Automatically enter the Amend Last Commit mode of the interface. git gui citool --nocommit Behave as normal citool, but instead of making a commit simply terminate with a zero exit code. It still checks that the index does not contain any unmerged entries, so you can use it as a GUI version of git-mergetool(1) git citool Same as git gui citool (above). git gui browser maint Show a browser for the tree of the maint branch. Files selected in the browser can be viewed with the internal blame viewer. SEE ALSO
gitk(1) The git repository browser. Shows branches, commit history and file differences. gitk is the utility started by git gui's Repository Visualize actions. OTHER
git gui is actually maintained as an independent project, but stable versions are distributed as part of the Git suite for the convenience of end users. A git gui development repository can be obtained from: git clone git://repo.or.cz/git-gui.git or git clone http://repo.or.cz/r/git-gui.git or browsed online at http://repo.or.cz/w/git-gui.git/. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-GUI(1)