Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Application install
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX Application install Post 302354291 by huge_ness on Thursday 17th of September 2009 04:34:45 PM
Old 09-17-2009
Re: neildemo

From what you understand, you're right by saying its a java app, however from there, how would i be able to access the startup script that you were mentioning?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Database / Application Installation

Greetings, forgive me if this is listed in another thread somewhere, I am short on time. I am being interviewed for the position of UNIX Database and Job code installer for a consulting firm. I have never installed or worked on a native UNIX system. I have been running Linux (RH,SuSE,Slackware)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: OllieTech
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo: application install question

I need to install an application on my Sun station and need root privleges to do so. I was given sudo privileges and was told to issue the following command. bash-2.03$ sudo init 0 I've read the man pages for init and understand the purpose of that command. My questions are: 1. From the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forbin24
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Using Hosting - Using application

Hello Guys, Let me start by saying... I know very little about Unix/Linux, but for a non-profit organization I've been asked to do a task, that is a far amount out of my knowledge. About my host: DreamHost.com Unix/Linux Based Best Plan Okay heres what I need to do. Upload a version of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maceffects
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Install application on UNIX cluster

Hi everyone, I have a new engagement where in I would need to install an inhouse server application in a HP_UNIX cluster. Please let me know how this should be done. Satish (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish_000
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Can I Install the Gani Network Driver Using the Application that Came on the CD?

When I boot up the Solaris 10 5/09 install CD and select 'Solaris' from the GRUB menu that comes up, a menu loads. Option 5 is 'Apply Driver Updates'. Can I install the Gani driver using that? I tried using the tar file (the way it came) that I wrote to a floppy but when I asked it to look at the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Unix solaris hanged, cannot get the application

Hi , I need your help on the my unix (solaris system was down) when i enter console login ans password could not opearte their application . i tried reboot many times but still same error was occurred. Please refer the attcahed file , how i need to solve this issue?:wall: I 'm not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thamil
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to install 32 bit application on 64 bit OS

Hi, I am new to Linux OS. My question is that "is it possible to install 32 Bit application on 64 Bit OS?" I have the following Redhat OS on VMware workstation. OS - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 | 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 While installing the application I am getting the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
2 Replies
asadmin-disable(1AS)						   User Commands					      asadmin-disable(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-disable, disable - disables the component SYNOPSIS
disable --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive] component_name disable immediately disables the named component. The component must have been deployed. If the component has not been deployed, an error message is returned. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. --interactive prompts you for the required options that are not already specified. OPERANDS
component_name name of the component to be disabled. Example 1: Using disable asadmin> disable sampleApp Command disable executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-deploy(1AS), asadmin-deploydir(1AS), asadmin-undeploy(1AS), asadmin-enable(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-disable(1AS)