Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to specify the correct HMC interface during installios Post 302354160 by balaji_prk on Thursday 17th of September 2009 09:23:05 AM
Old 09-17-2009
MySQL

Fixed this..

All I had to do is give the HMC ip as gateway and HMC did the routing for me Smilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by faruk
Boot your machine into SMS menu and in "setup remote IPL" and select the appropriate NIC card and setup IP parameters.
installios command take care of booting the partition in sms mode, setting the IP parameters and doing ping test. you can't take control in between.

Bala

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Hmc

Well i am right now working on an IBM P550 risc server with an HMC connected.. The server has 2 logical partitions (Lpar). both lpar is having Aix 5.3 installed. Now I have a doubt.. is it possible to have Aix in one lpar and windows 2003 in another.. cheers Bala (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
4 Replies

2. AIX

Hmc

Hello everybody, had a question. Iam having a p650 box here, System Model: IBM,7038-6M2 Machine Serial Number: 1078DCC managed system - 1 which has 2 lpars on it i added memory to the box(made sure that memory added was in proper quads and was verified by a CE) after i rebooted the box, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
4 Replies

3. AIX

HMC installation

Can i install HMC on an x86 or x64 machine.. i have (2) rs6000 44p model 170 . OS: AIX 5.3 TL 7 I want to practice HMC and LPAR. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

5. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

7. AIX

HMC commands

Hi anybody know how to dynamically add a virtual ethernet to a running LPAR using the HMC CLI? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwright84
4 Replies

8. AIX

HMC Commands

Hello All, Can anybody knows a command, what I can check the processes in the HMC restricted shell? :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalaso
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
NETWORKS(5)							File Formats Manual						       NETWORKS(5)

NAME
networks - network name data base DESCRIPTION
The networks file contains information regarding the known networks which comprise the DARPA Internet. For each network a single line should be present with the following information: official network name network number aliases Items are separated by any number of blanks and/or tab characters. A ``#'' indicates the beginning of a comment; characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by routines which search the file. This file is normally created from the official network data base main- tained at the Network Information Control Center (NIC), though local changes may be required to bring it up to date regarding unofficial aliases and/or unknown networks. Network number may be specified in the conventional ``.'' notation using the inet_network() routine from the Internet address manipulation library, inet(3N). Network names may contain any printable character other than a field delimiter, newline, or comment character. FILES
/etc/networks SEE ALSO
getnetent(3N) BUGS
A name server should be used instead of a static file. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 6, 1986 NETWORKS(5)