Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Aix pid issue
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Aix pid issue Post 302354063 by rakeshawasthi on Thursday 17th of September 2009 01:54:35 AM
Old 09-17-2009
I do not think you can do that. You may need to change the PL/SQL code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display went awkwards after issue kill pid

hi, i kill a process which is topas. then i do a fg of the process itself and got this Signal 15 received.finally, the display went as belows.... root@myhost:/]ksh: ^L^L^Lps: not found. root@myhost:/] PID TTY TIME CMD ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. Programming

printing ppid,child pid,pid

question: for the below program i just printed the value for pid, child pid and parent pid why does it give me 6 values? i assume ppid is 28086 but can't figure out why there are 5 values printed instead of just two! can someone comment on that! #include<stdio.h> #define DIM 8 int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session PID & socket connection pid

1. If I use an software application(which connects to the database in the server) in my local pc, how many PID should be registered? Would there be PID for the session and another PID for socket connection? 2. I noticed (through netstat) that when I logged in using the my software application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcx26
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable

Hi, I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this. Thanks in advance, Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
7 Replies

5. AIX

pid number creation rules on aix

Hello, On a AIX 5.3.5.0 server, we have PID exceeding 999999. This cause some troubles in our programms. I would like to know the process creation rules on aix : - what is the maximum pid number ? - what is the wrap limit on aix, and where to find it, how to configure pid wrap limit ? -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pid from port number in AIX

Hello guys, How to shut down a port number in AIX. May be first I need to find out what is the process ID of that process that listens to this particular port.. Is there any command to find a process ID from the port number other than "lsof". thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX: PID 0 Process

Hi All, I searched other threads and could not find any relevant post about this. I searched for process 0 in SUN OS and could find the sched/swapper process listed. root 0 0 0 Apr 25 ? 0:06 sched but i couldnt not find the swapper process (PID 0) in AIX. Is that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quintet
4 Replies

8. AIX

AIX PID Recycling

Had a bizzare problem last night with one of our tools running on an AIX server that has not come up before. The tool has been in use for over a year without this problem showing up.The tool basically does this: -Kick off a background task and record the PIDGo and do a bunch of other taskswait for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

9. AIX

Process, PID and total memory consumed on AIX.

Hi, Below is the code snippet I use on Linux (Centos) to retrieve the Process Name, PID and memory consumed on Linux (Centos) host:- top -b -n 1 | awk -v date="$tdydate" -v ip="$ip" 'NR>7 {print date","ip","$12,","$1,","$10}' Any idea how the same can be retrieved on an AIX host? This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
1 Replies

10. AIX

How to grep PID and program name from netstat in AIX?

Hi All, I am using netstat on AIX to grep info on all open connections. However, unlike on Linux(Centos), I do not get the PID and program name using netstat on AIX. I need this info to be clubbed along with the information retrieved using netstat version of AIX. Is there a way this can be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
1 Replies
captoinfo(1)						      General Commands Manual						      captoinfo(1)

NAME
captoinfo - convert a termcap description into a terminfo description SYNOPSIS
captoinfo [-vn width] [-V] [-1] [-w width] file . . . DESCRIPTION
captoinfo looks in file for termcap descriptions. For each one found, an equivalent terminfo description is written to standard output. Termcap tc capabilities are translated directly to terminfo use capabilities. If no file is given, then the environment variable TERMCAP is used for the filename or entry. If TERMCAP is a full pathname to a file, only the terminal whose name is specified in the environment variable TERM is extracted from that file. If the environment variable TERM- CAP is not set, then the file /usr/share/terminfo is read. -v print out tracing information on standard error as the program runs. -V print out the version of the program in use on standard error and exit. -1 cause the fields to print out one to a line. Otherwise, the fields will be printed several to a line to a maximum width of 60 charac- ters. -w change the output to width characters. FILES
/usr/share/terminfo Compiled terminal description database. TRANSLATIONS FROM NONSTANDARD CAPABILITIES
Some obsolete nonstandard capabilities will automatically be translated into standard (SVr4/XSI Curses) terminfo capabilities by captoinfo. Whenever one of these automatic translations is done, the program will issue an notification to stderr, inviting the user to check that it has not mistakenly translated a completely unknown and random capability and/or syntax error. XENIX termcap also used to have a set of extension capabilities for forms drawing, designed to take advantage of the IBM PC high-half graphics. They were as follows: If the single-line capabilities occur in an entry, they will automatically be composed into an acsc string. The double-line capabilities and GG are discarded with a warning message. IBM's AIX has a terminfo facility descended from SVr1 terminfo but incompatible with the SVr4 format. The following AIX extensions are automatically translated: Additionally, the AIX box1 capability will be automatically translated to an acsc string. Hewlett-Packard's terminfo library supports two nonstandard terminfo capabilities meml (memory lock) and memu (memory unlock). These will be discarded with a warning message. NOTES
This utility is actually a link to tic(1), running in -I mode. You can use other tic options such as -f and -x. The trace option is not identical to SVr4's. Under SVr4, instead of following the -v with a trace level n, you repeat it n times. SEE ALSO
infocmp(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5) This describes ncurses version 5.7 (patch 20100109). AUTHOR
Eric S. Raymond <esr@snark.thyrsus.com> captoinfo(1)