Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to assign a pwd value to a variable Post 302354060 by rakeshawasthi on Thursday 17th of September 2009 01:52:19 AM
Old 09-17-2009
Or try this:
Code:
filepath=$PWD

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PWD env variable for root

How do you get the $PWD env variable set for root? I know it's automatic for korn and other shells, but root uses /usr/bin/sh. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcole23
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PWD env variable

Could you please tell me, which process / file is responsible for the setting of PWD env variable in Solaris Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaandana
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to assign a value to variable

Hi Experts, I am facing some problem while developing the script.My input config.csv file contains the three columns namely pathname,filename,filetype.Based on the file type i have to use ftp command that is if filetype=csv then do ftp. The input file is cat config.csv... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

Dear All, we have a command output which looks like : Total 200 queues in 30000 Kbytes and we're going to get "200" and "30000" for further process. currently, i'm using : numA=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $2}' numB=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $5}' my question is : can I use just one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
4 Replies

5. AIX

sync samba pwd with aix5.3 pwd

currently, my samba login works just fine. i want my clients to use aix5.3 account to login to samba so they don't have to change samba pwd and aix pwd. i googled, and vi /usr/lib/smb.conf per some of knowledge base, but i could not get to work. aix5.3 and samba 3.0.24.0 thanks in advace..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell assign variable to another variable

How can I assign a variable to an variable. IE $car=honda One way I can do it is export $car=honda or let $car=2323 Is there any other ways to preform this task (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pwd in a variable

is there anyway i could store the output of pwd that is the path in a variable...? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to pass value of pwd as variable in SED to replace variable in a script file

Hi all, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: Main concept is I intend to get current directory of my script file. This script file will be copied to /etc/init.d. A string in this copy will be replaced with current directory value. Below is original script file: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cielle
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to pass variable in a command and assign value to a variable

Hello All, Hope you're doing well ! I am trying below command to be passed in a shell script, header_date_14 is a variable and $1 is the name of a file I intend to pass as a command line argument, however command line argument is not being accepted. header_date_14=$(m_dump... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

I have the following script, and I want to assign the output ($10 and $5) from awk to N and L: grdinfo data.grd | awk '{print $10,$5}'| read N L output from gridinfo data.grd is: data.grd 50 100 41 82 -2796 6944 0.016 0.016 3001 2461. where N and L is suppose to be 3001 and 100. I use... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomarine
8 Replies
pwd(3tcl)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 pwd(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
pwd - Return the absolute path of the current working directory SYNOPSIS
pwd _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Returns the absolute path name of the current working directory. EXAMPLE
Sometimes it is useful to change to a known directory when running some external command using exec, but it is important to keep the appli- cation usually running in the directory that it was started in (unless the user specifies otherwise) since that minimizes user confusion. The way to do this is to save the current directory while the external command is being run: set tarFile [file normalize somefile.tar] set savedDir [pwd] cd /tmp exec tar -xf $tarFile cd $savedDir SEE ALSO
file(3tcl), cd(3tcl), glob(3tcl), filename(3tcl) KEYWORDS
working directory Tcl pwd(3tcl)