Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl if elsif statements
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl if elsif statements Post 302353961 by insania on Wednesday 16th of September 2009 05:16:04 PM
Old 09-16-2009
Sweet, the following code worked:

Code:
  if (($model eq "N\\A\n") && ($kernel =~ m/xen/)) {
    $model = "Virtual Machine\n";
  }

Had to add the \n on the "N\\A" variable because that is how it is coded earlier in the script, i failed to mention that.

Thanks again for both of your help, if they assigned points like the ITRC, i would give you both 10's.

Sean

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - backticks v system in if statements

Can someone explain the difference between backticks and system when evaluated in these if statements: sub getDate { print "start date\n"; if ( system("/bin/date") ) { print "can't get date\n"; exit(2); } print "finish date\n"; } Returns the following: start date Thu... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjkeenan
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Else in If Statements

Sorry to be a pain, but how does the else work in the if statements? Ive been making scripts with if statements but i cant get the else statements working. Can you help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne Shell: if elsif question

Hi All, Must be something obvious I am missing, but the simple script below doesn't work. #!/bin/sh x=4 if then echo "x is $x" elsif then echo "x is greater than 4" else echo "x is less than 4" fi When I run this script, I get the error message: 7: Syntax error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leostar_10
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

if statements

This is for a program I have to do to calculate the day of the week. I need to write an if statement that will do the following: if day is 29 and year is odd, don't calculate dayif ( day == 29 && year == ??? )I know how to do it for the day but I don't know how to do it for the year. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwanda
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with For Statements

Hi, I am trying to write a for statement that will allow for the ps, who, finger, and date commands to run. Can anyone help? I use Putty. (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: lexydoll87
22 Replies

6. Programming

String if statements - Perl

So far, all I have been able to come up with is: if ($check=~/no/ || $check=~/n/) but the problem with this, is that it looks for any character and the if statement is true. So if I wanted to check for an argument "-help" or lets say a variable string that could be a file name. Then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using While and If statements

Hi guys, Two problems I need solving please. I created a script where the user types in 7 numbers as standard input and each one is then stored in an array. Now I need to perform the following calculations on those numbers: 1) Use a while loop to determine the largest number in the range. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjb1989
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Too many if statements..

Hello. I am new here and new to scripting. I used to have a very basic script that worked for simple backup/restore of files. I have expanded it and well... I have ended up with a complete mess. It still backs up and restores but there is so many issues that stem from the many if statements I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameinn
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl combine multiple map statements

I have a file like file. file.TODAY.THISYEAR file.TODAY.LASTYEARI want to substitute the words in caps with their actual values so that output should look like file.140805 file.140805.2014 file.140805.2013For this I am reading the file line bye line in an array and using multiple map... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Elsif not working in perl

have issue where my elsif is always failing. Basically i have a file with sets of 2 lines, the 1st line that containing "ipwr" and the 2nd line containing a value or "unknown". if the 2nd line contains a value then i want to print the pair of lines. open (INFO, "temp.txt") or die; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny921
3 Replies
UPDATE-BOOTLOADER(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      UPDATE-BOOTLOADER(1)

NAME
update-bootloader - update/change bootloader configuration using Bootloader::Tools perl module SYNOPSIS
update-bootloader [operation] [options] operation is one of --add, --remove or --refresh. valid options are --help, --man, --image <file>, --initrd <file>, --xen-kernel <file>, --xen, --default, --previous, --name <string>, --force, --force-default. DESCRIPTION
update-bootloader will let you modify your bootloader configuration using Bootloader::Tools perl module. OPERATIONS
--add add an new image section. Needs a call to --refresh to take effect. --remove remove the specified image section. Needs a call to --refresh to take effect. --refresh activate the new config e.g. write boot loader to disk PARAMETER
--help Print a brief help message and exits. --man Prints the manual page and exits. --image file specify path to kernel image --initrd file specify path to initrd file --xen specify that you what to add a xen and not a regular image section --xen-kernel file specify that you what to add a xen section with a specific image. Implies --xen option. --default let the new section to be added be the default section if appropriate. Only allowed together with --add operation --previous set some usuable defaults for image, initrd and name when --name string specify the name of the section to be added/removed --force dont complain, just do the right thing --force-default force the new section to be added to be the default section. Only allowed together with --add operation perl v5.12.1 2010-04-22 UPDATE-BOOTLOADER(1)