Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX 5.3 Boot Errors
Operating Systems AIX AIX 5.3 Boot Errors Post 302353883 by tholmes on Wednesday 16th of September 2009 12:07:12 PM
Old 09-16-2009
Ok I got root bigger and did a restart. Now the core dump is finishing. But dbx is giving me this when I try to read the core file.

#Core file "core" program "X" does not match current program (ignored)
#warning: cannot excute core
#reading symbolic information....

Thanks again

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Boot loop errors caused by RC.CONF

Hello all! I am praying someone can help me. I have been trying to install dual nics on my FreeBSD box. In my attempts I edited my RC.CONF file. I must have editing something wrong, because during the boot sequence, my machine gets through bringing up most of the services then it stops and gets... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezekiel61
5 Replies

2. AIX

C/C++ compiler ver 6 on AIX 5.3 - errors

Hi Guys, We are migrating AIX 5.1 to AIX 5.3. With this upgrade the C/C++ compiler is also upgraded to Visual Age C++ 6.0. After upgrading, when we tried to (re)compile our programs (since ibm open library classes are not going to work with new compiler), we are getting so many errors with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satguyz
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Custom kernel compiling, won't boot, and errors.

First of all, I'd like to preface this post by relaying that I have considerable experience with FreeBSD but I'm a Linux newb. I've been attempting to compile linux-2.6.29.3 from source and I'm having some problems and have a few newb questions... a) First of all, my kernel won't boot, it fails... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urbanriot
0 Replies

4. Solaris

SCSI boot errors

Help needed please! I see the following scsi errors during boot up. The server eventually boots up successfully. Please let me now how to fix these errors: Executing last command: boot Boot device: disk File and args: SunOS Release 5.8 Version Generic_117350-62 64-bit Copyright 1983-2003 Sun... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Sparc Ultra 4 won't boot - disk errors

Hi all. I am seeing in one of our less-used servers that it crashed and now won't restart. I get the message 'continue with normal startup or boot into maintenance mode'. I go into maintenance and run fsck on /usr0 (mentioned in error at restart) it then reboots but goes right back to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
3 Replies

6. AIX

Multiple errors in AIX 5.3

Hi Admins, # lspath -H -l hdisk2 status name parent Enabled hdisk2 fscsi0 Enabled hdisk2 fscsi0 Missing hdisk2 fscsi2 Missing hdisk2 fscsi2 Enabled hdisk2 fscsi0 Enabled hdisk2 fscsi0 Enabled hdisk2 fscsi2 Missing hdisk2 fscsi2 Multi path IO status is shown as Missing for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
2 Replies

7. AIX

Can't boot AIX

Good afternoon there, One of my friend gave me an old IBM 44P Model 170 (I've planned to use it to learn AIX that I don't know at all) (I know a bit GNU/Linux (Debian, Archlinux, Red Hat, Slackware)). But, unfortunately, the computer doesn't start properly and I don't have any idea why ;(. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firstpost
6 Replies

8. AIX

Link Errors in AIX

Hi Can any suggest me how to work on this particular issue i am facing. Below is the error message received on vio servers. IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 4B436A3D 0326102912 T H fscsi1 LINK ERROR 4B436A3D 0325212712 T H fscsi1 LINK ERROR 4B436A3D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganiiee
2 Replies

9. AIX

I see some errors in syslog files in AIX. can these be ignored ?

Hello, Could you please check the below errors. I found these errors in AIX LPAR syslogs. auth|security:err|error sshd error: Could not load host key: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key daemon:err|error syslog: slp: 0660-059 Impossible to get local interface for distant address 10.x.x.x. errno... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kumar7997
2 Replies
SAVECORE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       SAVECORE(8)

NAME
savecore - save a core dump of the operating system SYNOPSIS
savecore dirname [ system ] DESCRIPTION
Savecore is meant to be called at the end of the /etc/rc file. Its function is to save the core dump of the system (if one was made) and to write a reboot message in the shutdown log. It saves the core image in the file dirname/core.n and its corresponding namelist in dirname/unix.n. The second argument is the namelist for the system which made the core image; the current system is always assumed to be /unix. The trailing ".n" in the pathnames is replaced by a number which grows every time savecore is run in that directory. Before savecore writes out a core image, it reads a number from the file dirname/minfree. If there are fewer free blocks on the file sys- tem which contains dirname than the number obtained from the minfree file, the core dump is not done. If the minfree file does not exist, savecore always writes out the core file (assuming that a core dump was taken). Savecore also writes a reboot message in the shut down log. If the system crashed as a result of a panic, savecore records the panic string in the shut down log too. If savecore detects that the system time is wrong because of a crash (the time in the core image is after the current time), it will reset the system time to its best estimate of the time, which is the time in the core image plus the elapsed time since the reboot. It announces the time that it set when this occurs. FILES
/usr/adm/shutdownlogshutdown log /unix current UNIX BUGS
The method used to determine whether a dump is present, and to prevent the same core image from being saved multiple times, is not elegant. This information should be passed to init by the system; however, this is difficult because the system may have to be rebooted a second time if the root filesystem is patched. 3rd Berkeley Distribution SAVECORE(8)