Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Averaging segments
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Averaging segments Post 302353687 by ripat on Wednesday 16th of September 2009 01:34:43 AM
Old 09-16-2009
For longer range it is easier to iterate through the fields to calculate the sum. And also check if you really have *exactly* 40 1's in your test file.

Code:
awk -v r=40 '{for(i=r;i<=NF;i+=r){for(j=0;j<r;j++){sum+=$(i-j)}printf "%s ", sum/r;sum=0}}' file

---------- Post updated at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:21 AM ----------

Or in a more readable way if you prefer (I do!)

Code:
awk -v r=40 '{
    for(i=r;i<=NF;i+=r){
	for(j=0;j<r;j++){
	    sum+=$(i-j)
	}
	printf "%s ", sum/r
	sum=0
    }
}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Shared Memory segments

Hello.... AIX has a limit of 11 shared memory segments per process, does any one know how many HP have?? If so how do I find that out?? Thanks in advance...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX Trying to Understand Shared Memory Segments

I am fairly new to HP-UX and trying to get a better understanding of the operating system. While poking around a bit I find myself questioning whether I should be concerned about Shared Memory segments with missing CPID and LPID? For example: ipcs -mp IPC status from /dev/kmem as of Mon Mar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
2 Replies

3. Programming

Write into shared memory segments

I have created a shared memory segment (which size is 64 bytes) using shmget, shmat e.t.c and i want to divide it into 2 areas. One area for input data and one area for output? How can i do that? Furthermore, When i have to write my input data into the shared memory segment i want to write... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mae4
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare EDI files by skipping selected Segments

Hi, I wanted to compare EDI files present in Two different Directories which can be related by the file names. While comparing the EDI files i have to skip selected segments such as "ISA" "IEA" and "GS" "GE" since this may have datetime stamp and different "Sender" "Receiver" Qual. and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivas
3 Replies

5. Programming

C programming - Memory Segments

Can someone tell me how many bytes are allocated for C segments(text,data,heap,stack). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandumishra
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Averaging

Hello all, I'm trying to perform an averaging procedure which selects a selection of rows, average the corresponding value, selects the next set of rows and average the corresponding values etc. The data below illustrates what I want to do. Given two columns (day and value), I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Rahiz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Averaging segments and including the name

Hello, I have a awk line that averages rows. So if my file looks like this: Jack 1 1 1 1 1 1 Joe 1 1 1 1 1 1 Jerry 0 0 0 0 0 0 John 1 1 1 0 0 0 The awk line below skips column 1 and then averaged the rows awk -F'\t' -v r=3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

8. SuSE

TCP segments retransmission

Hi all, I got an application that is running on SUSE Linux. I would like to get some data about the number of TCP segments retransmission on a particular interface. Is there any way I can get that? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep start and end line of each segments in a file

Cat file1 -------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE1 insert------- update----- ------------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE2 insert------- update----- ----------- ------------ SCHEMA.TABLE3 insert------- update----- ------------ grep -n SCHEMA > header_file2.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting segments

I have queue.txt with the following contents: Queue on node ... description : type : local max message len : 104857600 max queue depth : 5000 queue depth max event : enabled persistent msgs : yes backout... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
5 Replies
..::lib::Smokeping::matchers::Avgratio(3)			     SmokePing				 ..::lib::Smokeping::matchers::Avgratio(3)

NAME
Smokeping::matchers::Avgratio - detect changes in average median latency OVERVIEW
The Avgratio matcher establishes a historic average median latency over several measurement rounds. It compares this average, against a second average latency value again build over several rounds of measurement. DESCRIPTION
Call the matcher with the following sequence: type = matcher pattern = Avgratio(historic=>a,current=>b,comparator=>o,percentage=>p) historic The number of median values to use for building the 'historic' average. current The number of median values to use for building the 'current' average. comparator Which comparison operator should be used to compare current/historic with percentage. percentage Right hand side of the comparison. old <--- historic ---><--- current ---> now EXAMPLE
Take build the average median latency over 10 samples, use this to divide the current average latency built over 2 samples and check if it is bigger than 150%. Avgratio(historic=>10,current=>2,comparator=>'>',percentage=>150); avg(current)/avg(historic) > 150/100 This means the matcher will activate when the current latency average is more than 1.5 times the historic latency average established over the last 10 rounds of measurement. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 by OETIKER+PARTNER AG. All rights reserved. SPONSORSHIP
The development of this matcher has been sponsored by Virtela Communications, <http://www.virtela.net/>. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. AUTHOR
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> 2.6.8 2012-02-26 ..::lib::Smokeping::matchers::Avgratio(3)